Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Basin 1-26-08

Went out to Gold Basin on saturday with Eric, afonedude, after talking with him on the phone and realizing he lives just down the road from me and that he also has a GMT that has been gathering dust for a short time. Offered to take him out to Gold Basin and run him through the basics of using his GMT to hunt for meteorites. Hot darn he is a quick learner! :smrt1:

We hunted one old spot for a little over an hour with no results. Cruised around for about 30 minutes till I we came upon a spot I hunted earlier that gave me a couple of nice ones. After about an hour I finally got on weighing almost 20 grams. I called him over to show him what it looks like and then he asks "Hmmm I think I got one but dont know for sure. Is this one?" DUH!!! He had found a little dink just about 3 grams right next to a bush earlier. GOOD JOB!! :whoopie: Finding them little ones is even harder because of the weak signal it generates. Congratulations on the first time out and coming back with a Gold Basin specimen Eric. :bowdown: Now here is another forum member hooked for life.

Aloha,

Stan aka kAIMI

post-1619-1201447755_thumb.jpg

post-1619-1201447770_thumb.jpg

Hi Eric & Stan

Good Job Eric!! :whoopie: Could not wait for the results. You're hooked now. To bad it took so long to get into the field :innocent0009: Huh!!. Nice guide job Stan!! You guys sure beat the weather. :rainyday:

Wayne

Way to go guys! Eric, don't feel bad for not knowing that was a meteorite at first. I chucked my first couple gold basins out because I didn't think they were! :laught16:

Welcome to the adiction! Hope there's more to come in your future.

Stan- did you get your Sierra Gold max back now or what? Just a thought... you might want to reduce the size of your pics before you post them to 640 x 480, I believe Bill has been having space problems on the forum and you can help him out by doing this.

Del

Way to go guys! Eric, don't feel bad for not knowing that was a meteorite at first. I chucked my first couple gold basins out because I didn't think they were! :laught16:

Welcome to the adiction! Hope there's more to come in your future.

Stan- did you get your Sierra Gold max back now or what? Just a thought... you might want to reduce the size of your pics before you post them to 640 x 480, I believe Bill has been having space problems on the forum and you can help him out by doing this.

Del

Used the Goldmax all day and finally got my first Gold Basin using that coil. Man that thing is super sensitive. I had my gain waaaaaay down and my vsat about 7. But it is soooooo quiet compared to my old one. WHEW!!

HMMMM, I could have sworn I reduced the pics. Better check my Adobe photoshop once again to make sure.

Mahalo and Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Used the Goldmax all day and finally got my first Gold Basin using that coil. Man that thing is super sensitive. I had my gain waaaaaay down and my vsat about 7. But it is soooooo quiet compared to my old one. WHEW!!

HMMMM, I could have sworn I reduced the pics. Better check my Adobe photoshop once again to make sure.

Mahalo and Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Did White's actually repair your old one did they just give you a new one?

Del

they sent me a completely new one complete with coil cover. Man, that is what I call excellent Customer Service. Once I get back into hunting I intend on sending them a bunch of pics of my latest finds so they can use it to promote some sales on their GMT's. All i see people raving about is the MXT model. I guess there are a lot of coin/relic hunters out there.

I have tried out the GMT this morning,even with all the rain, and it worked pretty good on the soccer field about ten minutes away from where I live. I got $1.28 in small change and one gold stud pierced earing.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Mahalo and Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

the gain should be as low as you can get it anywhere you hunt. the higher you have your gain the more signals you're loosing and depth.

Stan, thanks for all the help and taking me out, but I do have a correction in my name, Rick and not Eric. I do look forward to going out again soon!!!

Thanks to all, :ROFL:

Rick

Told you guys, age is really catching up with me. :grrr01: I forgot to take my memory pills again last week. :shrug: There are so many Erics and Ricks on this forum I am starting to get confused with all of them. Sorry Eric, :opps: , I mean Rick! It was a blast going out with you and more so since you are a fellow jeepster. :cool04:

Now we have to get you out to Franconia and see how many you can pluck out of there. :WOW:

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi :banged:

Told you guys, age is really catching up with me. :grrr01: I forgot to take my memory pills again last week. :shrug: There are so many Erics and Ricks on this forum I am starting to get confused with all of them. Sorry Eric, :opps: , I mean Rick! It was a blast going out with you and more so since you are a fellow jeepster. :cool04:

Now we have to get you out to Franconia and see how many you can pluck out of there. :WOW:

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi :banged:

Stan, no problem on my name, as I noticed the same thing. I would like to make a trip soon to Franconia and will keep you posted when I can.

Thanks again,

Rick