Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Basin 1-20-08

Hi All

Met some great people for the first time in person yesterday. Eric and Jamie, from Meteorite Watch. Now Jamie had found her first Franconia on Sat and left Eric in the dust. So they headed to Gold Basin to meet up with me at daylight.

It was not pleasant. :cry2: South Wind was whipping and really cool from the south and not normaly that fridged. I think I would have headed home but Jamie took off like a rocket and I didn't want to look like the sissy I really am. :wah:

We hunted around for a while and ended up in an area that had produced recently. Eric worked the area hard and finally ended up in a bush and scored. :whoopie: Eric had found his first Gold Basin, a nice 15 gram stone with great fusion crust on a portion. I had a blast and can't wait until they visit again. :mm:

Congrats You 2.

Wayne :icon_mrgreen:

post-1528-1200942413_thumb.jpg

post-1528-1200942518_thumb.jpg

Congrats on your first GB find Eric! More to come in the future now that you've found your first.

Del

Thanks Del! I appreciate it.

Wayne was great, he helped us out a lot and introduced us to the GB strewnfield. We had a blast.

Congrats to you Del on your first California Meteorite: http://www.nuggetshooter.ipbhost.com/index...showtopic=12204

Great Job!

Eric had found his first Gold Basin, a nice 15 gram stone with great fusion crust on a portion. I had a blast and can't wait until they visit again. :mm:

Congrats You 2.

Wayne :icon_mrgreen:

Wayne, You ROCK!

Jaime and I had a blast out there yesterday and we can't stop talking about how much fun we had. I was determined to find that meteorite simply because I had to beat out Jaime's first Franconia find the day before! :innocent0002:

My first Gold Basin hunt turned out to be an awesome one!

Wayne was very nice and let me borrow his V-Sat. Without his help I would not have found my first Gold Basin meteorite. To top it off it was found on my first trip out there! I couldn't have asked for anything better than that.

Thank you Wayne! :icon_mrgreen: :whoopie: :woohoo:

Eric and Jaime,

Those are very nice finds. The hard part is trying to tame the desire to go back for more. I'll expect to meet you out in the field sometime soon. Congrats, Ben

Ben,

There's no taming the beast! Obsession consumes completely... :ROFL:

Just kidding. I can quit any time I want...

No... Really I can. :smilie_pinoc:

Ok I give up... I just can't wait to get out there again. I'd go tomorrow if I could. Heck, I'd set up camp and stay a week if possible. That would be a cool trip! Any takers? LOL Imagine what can be found out there in an entire week!

Did I mention I'm addicted? :grrr01: :ROFL:

Eric