Nugget Shooter Forums

What´s better? GPX 3500 or 4000

What´s better for nuggethunting for a newbie? 3500 or 4000?

Should i bay a used GPX 3500 and learn it and later to bay new GPX 4000 or it´s better new GPX 4000 ?

And how is used GPX 3500 for 1750 Euro ? is it ok for this price?Plz help.

Best regards Ogi

I would go with the 4000, I had a 3500, I did not like it, the most unstable and spent more time ajusting to get it to run smooth, of any detector I've had. I got the 4000 and its like the difference between a V.W and a porche. My opion. Grubstake Not sure about the uro dollars vs. us dollars. Grubstake

hello first of all i dont hunt for gold. but ive owned a sd2200 gp3000 gp 3500 and now the gpx4000. ive had the 4000 for about a year now. gold prices are up and it doesnt take long before you pay for the machine. from the gp2200 up to the gp3500 their are small changes. but the gp4000 is by far the best machine made and i loved it from day one. their are all great machines and i loved them all,but the 4000 to me was quiter and your settings dont get moved or adjusted. it takes a year to feel comfordable and really know your machine, but you can do a good job finding stuff before that. i hunt coins on the salt water beaches,the woods,ect and the 4000 is quiter on the black sand. and of course i have a gallon size scoop for digging pennies at over two feet deep. coils are important also. you say money isnt a problem. but at $350 a coil plus all the extras you have to have, it can add up. and ask yourself, why are people selling their 3500s. thats a great machine and with gold prices up?if you get the 4000 you wont have any regreats,plus you get a warrenty for up to four years,lessons. but if you buy a used 3500 your get alot of extras. you might get a little more gold with the 4000,but the little more gold you get will proubly be on a worked out area, or deeper gold. like i said i dont gold hunt. i hunt coins which is easier than gold. if your machine is quiter you can hear the deeper , faint sounds which means more gold. alot of people have said that the gp3500 found more gold than their other gp"s. when it first came out. it has alot to do with the guy running the machine also. eather way you go i know youll be happy. they all find gold, they will all pay for themselves. but the 4000 i feel will find more crums ,to say. i dont think youll hear anything bad about this machine,and i think if they improve it in the furture it wont be a big improvement. ill allways metal detect,and like most of us,if we ever lost our machines,help would pay. get the very best minelab has to offer if your going to keep on doing this. well its someones elses turn to put their 2 cents in. good luck,have fun.

What´s better for nuggethunting for a newbie? 3500 or 4000?

Should i bay a used GPX 3500 and learn it and later to bay new GPX 4000 or it´s better new GPX 4000 ?

And how is used GPX 3500 for 1750 Euro ? is it ok for this price?Plz help.

Best regards Ogi

1750 Euro works out to be $2,557.79 dollars which is the market value of a 3500.

You haven't been looking at the eBay scams have you? There's a guy who posts scams on there under other peoples accounts for 3500's. If you inquire about it, he replies and asks for a Western Union payment because he's "out of the country" right now. His auctions are usually up for one day only and he always posts the price in Euros. If your going to buy something used, your best bet is to look on the three forums. Be careful!

Oh yeah- my opinion.... get the 4000. The interference will drive you nuts in some places with the 3500. At least with the 4000 you have the ability to control how much interference your picking up. Just my :twocents:

Del