Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Basin 1-14-08

Hi all

Well, I got the big :skunkkitty2: Todd Parker's B-day was yesterday so I let him find the only two left in the field. :laught16::laught16: Didn't get to weigh them. My guess is 32 & 37 grams. Guess we'll see how good I am. Could not find any more gold on the spot so we moved and Todd scored. While I was hunting someone else's territory, Todd in the last 20 minutes found 1, 2 inches deep and an insitu. :whoopie: Some guys have all the luck the day after their B-day. :cool04:

Wayne

post-1528-1200356403_thumb.jpg

Hi Rick

Quiet today. However its hard to find a spot to hunt with the tracks pulling off the roads and the griding.

Must grid to find what's left over. Can't believe the digging in the field. Sure there is much left but never thought it would come to so much ground turned over. Have some spots we need to dry wash when you have time.

Wayne

I have heard from a couple of people in a few of the local (nevada,las vegas) clubs that they are now going after meteorites as well as gold. This must have come about when I gave a short lecture on how to find and identify meteorites. I know that the GSSN has a couple of claims out in Gold Basin so these must be the guys doing a lot of the gridding.

Hopefully they will stay away from Franconia being it is a lot farther from vegas. :wink2:

Great job Wayne even tho you didn't find anything this trip. At least you got out to do some :icon_mrgreen: :winking0023: .

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hi All

Yesterday was my 7th :skunkkitty2: in the last 6 months. I'am getting to know her quite well. :wah2: It just elevates the price of the Meteorites based on the fuel and time. :laught16::laught16:

Todd went out of town early this morning and forgot to weigh his finds. Money must be more important than his hobby. :laught16: I will get the weights next weekend.

Wayne :icon_mrgreen:

Hi all

Didn't get to weigh them. My guess is 32 & 37 grams. Wayne

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Wayne and Todd, congrats on the finds. They are some beauties.... :whoopie: I haven't been to Gold Basin yet but will be there this Spring.... before it get's too hot....

Happy hunting, jim "hawk" shorten :coffeetime:

Hi Hawk

Thanks. Hope to see you in Gold Basin this spring. 6 degree wind chill this morning here in Dolan at the Shady Rest RV Park. Wait until it warms up a bit.

Wayne

6 degrees :yikes: and here I am a cozy 27 degrees up in Mt. charleston house sitting for a friend. at least I have about 4 cords of firewood which should last for awhile at the rate i am burning it. darn Wayne, keep warm and take care.

Aloha and looking forward to Spring,

Stan aka Kaimi

Well

At 6 deg I think that I won't be down there this weekend thats for sure. To cold for us out there. I got a new coil that I want to try out, but it needs to be a little warmer out there for us. Keep up the good work.

Rick & cONNIE