Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Basin Sat 1-12-08

Hi All

Hunted the field today :icon_mrgreen: - Good news is 1 gold nugget 2 grams - :whoopie: bad news is zip on meteorites. :shrug: Needed a cop again to direct traffic out there. :grrr01: Will settle for the gold. :icon_mrgreen:

Wayne

post-1528-1200183980_thumb.jpg

Hot darn Wayne, you never cease to amaze me. :whoopie:

I was with Ben and Del hunting for meteorites when Ben found his little piece of gold. Did you also wonder why your signal didn't stick to the magnet :grrr01: or did you know it was gold?

Good job in finding that nugget and keep on looking for its relatives.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi :banged:

Hi Stan

Another day of griding acres of ground. :icon_mrgreen: Just like when we hunted. :grrr01: Tough days out there. :banged: The soil is very dark red and packed so I thought the signal was a deep, very big Meteorite. At 4 inches I lost it and knew it was not a bullet in the pile. It was covered with iron oxide I guess? and I scratched the edge a little and bingo!! No lead and color. :whoopie:

It took several soaks in Bam to clean it.

Wayne :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Del

Thanks. After 6 years of hunting the field I may have to get a Doe Skin Poke. :laught16::laught16: Three nuggets maybe not. The best of course was the nugget in the plastic case that my first detector would not even detect. I still wonder who lost that?? Need to know when you and Stan are heading this way.

Ruben.

Nice job, 50,000.

Wayne

Hey Wayne,

Good Job! I've never found Gold. But then again if it didn't stick to my magnet I kept on walking..

Hey Ruben I'm willing to bet that you've came across gold at one time or another hunting Gold Basin. I figure if you hunt meteorites enough out there your bound to come across a nugget or two in time.

It's funny when I think of how Ben got frustrated out at GB because he had a target that wouldn't stick to his magnet. He complained that he had to use the hand halfing method to get his target and it turned out to be a nice 1 gram piece of gold. So it's out there (yes even at Franconia), Gold pops up in the strangest places.

Del

It's funny when I think of how Ben got frustrated out at GB because he had a target that wouldn't stick to his magnet. He complained that he had to use the hand halfing method to get his target and it turned out to be a nice 1 gram piece of gold. So it's out there (yes even at Franconia), Gold pops up in the strangest places.

Del

That was the fuuniest thing I heard of that day when Ben got his gold nugget and he told us about a target not sticking to his magnet. :grrr01: But then he was looking for meteorites. :shrug:

Wayne: As soon as I am able to get away from Vegas i will pm you to let you know.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hi all

Well 6 years to find 3. Seems that in some areas there's what appears to be weather balloon material or chaf?? and you start to believe everything is foil. I kicked my first piece around for several min before checking it out. Its the 1.5 on my web site in quartz. Check it out!! Must run Todd is on his way to pick me up for the next adventure.

Will post this evening.

Wayne

hi Guys,

Finding a nugget at gold Basin was unexpected and definately different. It was okay I guess, I mean... gold could be atractive.........if it had fusion crust, yeah, I guess.

Ben

Ben,

I could take my torch and put a fusion crust on it for ya...... :;):

Jim

Thanks Jim,

I just might have you do that for me! Seems like the older I get, the "crustier" things are anyway. I've found my share of nuggets long before my son was born. Still got a lot of them. Arizona, Alaska, Oregon, California, and New Mexico. Been threre, done that. Not as exciting as finding galactic gravel.

ben