Nugget Shooter Forums

fragile gold???

rockhound87

whats up everyone. :confused0013: I got another question for ya.dnt know how good of a question, but its a question none the less. I have heard before from more than one source but I get a lot of different answers. the question is-- is it actually possible to accidentaly destroy gold dust. I mean say u find some real fine gold, is it possible to damage it with just your bare hands? I have always figured gold no matter the size is just that, its gold, it wont dissolve,crush, or anything like that am I right here?

It will dissolve in aqua regia(royal water) a combination of nitric and muriatic acids and of course it will crush being so soft.You won't destroy it by rubbing it in your pan,perhaps just make the fines smaller,It's all yellow...........Dave

Together with what Dave said,I cant see it be "Destroyed",but handling it you will lose some it leaves a gold residue,also if you handle it and then get it wet it will float.Leaf gold,the kind you see for sell in vials that looks like alot,but isnt,will go to hell if you handle it.

The oils on your hands can tarnish,will clean up. But There are many exotic forms of sponge,wire and acid etched gold you can very easily crush,but make it disappear?? I love goldslager,gold does taste good. Last summer we attended a miners picnic with gold wrapped cherry logs,man THAT sure disappeared FAST!! Don't worry about gold,it's the best kelation(sp?) agent,helps to detoxify the heavy metals from your body. Tons a au 2 u 2-John