Nugget Shooter Forums

Hello All...I am in N. CA on watch over my father in the hospice...We are expecting his passing at any time now...It's been a long and valiant struggle against prostate cancer and now he is passing over to the other side...He has been a wonderful person and has been a football coach and mentor for literally thousands of young men in Oklahoma and California since 1945, many of whom have gone on to become leaders and statesmen...Best regards, Ron

(PS...For those of you who have ordered maps, it may well be 10 days or more before I can get back and process them...)

Ron,

Its a good thing that your there to help move on. It is hard to lose a Mentor and Father, but in your heart he will always be.

Prayers from our family to yours. Strength for youand your family as you stand beside him.

Ol'29er

Ron- My dad passed two days ago but your story makes me feel lucky: He was found Saturday morning with a smile on his face. Never sick a day in his life. But like you said, it is a sad time.

As time marches on, things will get better.

Yes a sad day it is, but you get to be with him at a time like this......... may he rest in peace when his time comes.

The guy who hired me at the post office 21 years ago just past away from the same thing last august. Over the years we became close friends and I was lucky enough to be included in his activities before he left us. Spend as much time with him as you can because it is never enough.

Aloha Ron,

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Hopefully he is not in pain and you are lucky to be able to be with him at his time of need. May God watch over him and show him the way to everlasting peace. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Aloha and God bless,

Stan aka Ka'imi

Hi Guys...Thank you for all your good wishes...My Dad died at 5 AM PST today...In his 90th year...Folks are calling from all over the world...His students ranged from politicians, to Hollywood and Television executives, major business people, great educators, on and on...He was a great man and I will miss him greatly... Dawned on me that I knew him longer than any other person I knew on the planet...And as my coach, as well as my father, he sure made me run a lot of laps that helped me get scholarships that paid for my education...He was in horrendous pain and I'm so thankful he's passed over...Thanks again for your wishes, Ron