Nugget Shooter Forums

Franconia Directions

Sam

Your story is not too correct. I sent you an E-mail with the boundries after you asked through Ebay. You never even said thanks for that. I think you might want to slide into this forum on better terms and also more info on yourself. We are a family here and won't play games.

Mobile Holmes

Wayne

Sam

Your story is not too correct. I sent you an E-mail with the boundries after you asked through Ebay. You never even said thanks for that. I think you might want to slide into this forum on better terms and also more info on yourself. We are a family here and won't play games.

Mobile Holmes

Wayne

Thanks so much Wayne for all your help. Sorry about that.

I was looking for some details - roads, spots etc.. to begin looking. Trying to get my son into this and his friends - most of whom have turned to drugs and drinking.

Hope someone can provide some roads or points to look at so when I take these kids out they get some results and have a good time.

Sam

Exit 13 (Franconia Road) will lead you to an informal campsite we use a lot. I will pm you the gps coords. Once you get there you can either hunt the South side of the tracks, which is the same side as the campsite or you can venture to the north side of the railroad tracks. It is very hard to give someone directions to a strewn field when it covers an area 7 miles by 17 miles. You will just need to go out and do what the rest of use meteorite hunters have done in the past. Hoof it and swing that detector over as much ground as possible. When you complete that, then do it again and again and again.

You will notice certain feature that keep on popping into mind whenever you find a meteorite. This is part of the "learning curve" we all go through in this hobby. I just spent one week out at Franconia and found just as much as I used to find in one day on my own. But this is what makes this hobby so interesting. You find a ton one week and then the next get skunked.

Your best bet is to lurk this forum and read as much of the older posts as possible to see what others have been doing.

Good luck with this hobby.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hi Sam, welcome to the forum. You've got the correct exit for Franconia, when you exit just head south for camping. It's pretty hard to get lost out there. You can probably get a map and figure out how to get there on your own (east of Needles California) from wherever your coming from.

Here's a pointer- stick to the desert pavement. As for spots to go, you'll have to find your own since everyone here puts a lot of hard work and effort into finding good spots that produce.

I think your best best is to buy Waynes DVD because it will give you an introduction to meteorite hunting and help you get started in this hobby and it also shows you the location of the strewnfield.

Good luck!

Del