Nugget Shooter Forums

Cameras

John B.

Hi All

I have givin up buying cameras and postin pix :grrr01: . My son has trashed the third camera which we recently bought and I ain't buyin no more :angry-smiley-010: . Of all the camera's I've ever owned the only one I ever got reasonably good with was my Mavica with the 3.5 inch floppys :innocent0002: . It was pretty much worthless on closeups ( probably me) but it don't matter now anyways some Omanie cop bastard is usin it for mug shots now :Huh_anim]: !! Soooo now you all will just have to imagine what I post from my colorful discriptions :confused0013: !! So far this year I'm on a roll with 4 nuggets for new year day and 2 yesterday ( eat your heart out Studmuffin) :laught16: . Happy Huntin John B.

A scanner is good for close-ups, it just sits on the desk and won't get trashed, unless a boulder lands on it somehow. However, the colorful description might be as good as the picture.

Guest goldstudmuffin
Hi All

I have givin up buying cameras and postin pix :grrr01: . My son has trashed the third camera which we recently bought and I ain't buyin no more :angry-smiley-010: Happy Huntin John B.

Hi John,

It sounds like the doo doo hit the fan! fan.gif

Guest goldstudmuffin
Hi All

I have givin up buying cameras and postin pix :grrr01: It was pretty much worthless on closeups ( probably me) but it don't matter now anyways some Omanie cop bastard is usin it for mug shots now :Huh_anim]: !! Soooo now you all will just have to imagine what I post from my colorful discriptions :confused0013: !! Happy Huntin John B.

Well at least give us a colorful discription, Or maybe tell us a story about the Hemi dieselhomo.gif:laught16:

Ok how big was it?

Hi Arizona Guide.....nice pic...better if that was a gold nugget.....

Pentax is probably the Cadillac of cameras or at least a close second.....I used one for years on the

OCFD taking pics of fire fatalities.....but they sure are pricey.......the cameras now are just a

computer with a lens...and a lot smarter than me.....

since your wife is a professional get her to teach you how to resize the pics..... :laught16:

Hi All

:laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16: Jade thanks for the only real input :idea: !! Russ if I borrow you tweezers and microscope how will you see your gold :shrug: ?? Slim I have a drawer full of unlabeled floppies from my last Mavica camera and I had to purchase a drive to see them after buying new computers a few years ago :Huh_anim]: . I think I'll go back to a poloriod land camera :angry-smiley-010: !! I'm now 5 for 5 at 3 secret patches with nuggets found every day for 2008 ( eat your heart out Studmuffin) but today is a day of rest. :innocent0002: I'm gonna tour Harry and Maurren around Tucson and the Flandrau :icon1: !! Happy Huntin John B.

My wife got me an Olympus Stylus,underwater digital.Good to thirty feet deep and shockproof from a 5 ft. fall.They arent that expensive and I cant wait to take some dredging pics of gold under the water.It has three different Macro settings also!

Hi JB,

I use a Cannon SD 850 IS and it has killer macro....

Bill

I second the Canon. For the last 10 years or so I was buying Sony's.......about every 6 months.

I switched to Canons last year, with much better results. The Sony's were way too finicky about dirt and dust.

If you are not looking to get a compact pocket camera and are willing to spend a modest amount for a great camera get a Nikon D40 with the two lens package. Fabulus Macros to within about 10" with the standard short lens when you use a tabletop tripod ... an accessory that costs about $20 and gives dead still clear pics close up. Cost is between $600-700 depending on sales ... never pay full price on a camera. Someone always has what you want on sale if you don't need to have it yesterday!

Mike