Nugget Shooter Forums

Best way to sell a new find.

Hi All,

I,m reserching the location of a large fall back in 1994, not in the US, if by chance I was lucky enough to find this mass what would be your advice on how to market it .

Don't think I could wait years for classification :confused0013:

Do I phone a big dealer after reporting the find or just wait to see who contacts me ?

What do I ask per gram if its an Iron , stony etc, 10c , 50c, $1..

Methunt.

Hi Methunt

To get the maximum value for your find you will need to do several things :innocent0002: . First and formost is classifying the find. Most institutions will classify and still not publish the info allowing you to continue hunting without competition. That will be the biggest determinator of value. If it's common abundant type material it's value will be more of condition it's in and location it's found. Some collectors collect type material or by states or country. The next is to find and controll of all or most of the material. Whether it's common or rare material the value will vary depending mostly on TKW (total know weight) and on competition and how it's marketed. If lots of the material is found and dumped on the market with lots of competetors the price will be crap or turn to crap very quickly.To maximize it's value control all the material and dribble it out in small quantity over a long period of time. With that said, You have no idea what your in for ?? Strewnfields are huge and once the word is out on a find armys of hunters appear out of nowhere . I don't care how carefully it's hunted no one gets it all and other hunters will cut prices to peddle thier material then the cycle starts. Just food for thought. Happy Huntin John B.

Hi Methunt

To get the maximum value for your find you will need to do several things :innocent0002: . First and formost is classifying the find. Most institutions will classify and still not publish the info allowing you to continue hunting without competition. That will be the biggest determinator of value. If it's common abundant type material it's value will be more of condition it's in and location it's found. Some collectors collect type material or by states or country. The next is to find and controll of all or most of the material. Whether it's common or rare material the value will vary depending mostly on TKW (total know weight) and on competition and how it's marketed. If lots of the material is found and dumped on the market with lots of competetors the price will be crap or turn to crap very quickly.To maximize it's value control all the material and dribble it out in small quantity over a long period of time. With that said, You have no idea what your in for ?? Strewnfields are huge and once the word is out on a find armys of hunters appear out of nowhere . I don't care how carefully it's hunted no one gets it all and other hunters will cut prices to peddle thier material then the cycle starts. Just food for thought. Happy Huntin John B.

It sounds like it's all about supply and demand.

Del