Nugget Shooter Forums

3 more Newbie questions, please excuse the ignorance

First one: Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Nininger's "Find a Falling Star"? Three times I've found sites on the web who said they had several copies, which I ordered only to get an email saying sorry, that they don't have any.

Second: Does anyone know where to send my meteor-maybies or where to take them for testing in or near central Iowa???

Lastly: What type of saw should I use to cut them so I can send out a sample to whom ever I am supposed to? I have a tile wet saw with a diamond blade, would that be a good one to use?? I also have a steel cut off saw with a dry blade, just worried that would waste allot of material.

Thanks for the help and I hope you all have great holidays.

PS: How do you spell check your posts?

You should be able to find Niningers "Find a Falling Star" book at ABE Books (http://www.abebooks.com/). I tend to think ABE is a little pricey for some books, so I like to keep my eyes one eBay. Just understand pretty much any Nininger books are going to be expensive because they are out of print and were published many years ago. As for the rest of your questions, I'm sure there plenty of people who will be happy to help you out.

Del

You should be able to find Niningers "Find a Falling Star" book at ABE Books (http://www.abebooks.com/). I tend to think ABE is a little pricey for some books, so I like to keep my eyes one eBay. Just understand pretty much any Nininger books are going to be expensive because they are out of print and were published many years ago. As for the rest of your questions, I'm sure there plenty of people who will be happy to help you out.

Del

Thanks much, I went to the site and ordered the cheapest one listed for I believe 76 bucks, some were 300 ouch, we'll see if they send it or a email saying they don't have it. Thanks, again.

75 bucks is a pretty hefty price for that book. I picked mine up for $15 off of ebay and it still had the original meteorite fragment in it. I think your probably going to be a little dissapointed when you get it.

Del

Some of them were listing it for over $300 bucks!! Might want to sell yours at those prices :rofl2: Anyway,I didn't get it, sure enough, once again, I received an email that they didn't have the book available to sell, and the order was cancelled. I think I am going to try Ebay but not a dealer with an online store but someone I can email and know they actually possess the book before I place an order. Maybe I'll get lucky. :hmmmmmm: