Nugget Shooter Forums

Metal detectors in the snow?

Hi all,

It snowed here today, not much, maybe an inch so far, and I'm not sure how much it will snow tonight. I was hoping to do some :icon_mrgreen: in the morning at a playground and park, but I was wondering... do metal detectors work in the snow? I have a Whites XLT and the coil has a plastic guard on it. Will it give a normal signal or will the snow/moisture cause bad signals?

Thanks!

Bob

GO FOR IT BOBERT

Snow is your friend. :xmas-smiley-031: You can see where you have been, in a grid pattern.

Just protect your control box with a plastic bag or someting simular. And no it will not make the machine go haywire.

If your coil is not waterproof try not to get it to wet but i think you will be fine.

I play in the snow all the time :headphones:

Good luck....find a big ol diamond..

Nick

Thanks for the suggestions, Nick! I was going to do it but it's still snowing out there. Only a couple inches of accumulation, but the snow is going sideways right now, so the windchill factor is 16 degrees F (according to our local TV station's website). That's a little too cold for me, so I'm hoping tomorrow morning will be a little warmer.

Regards,

Bob