Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kaimi

Franconia Weekend Outing

Jim when you take the Franconia exit just head south (north is towards the RR tracks) on the main road for 2-3 miles and you won't be able to miss us. The camping spot will be on your left.

Del

Hi Kaimi, I should be there on the 12th or early 13th. It's my first time there. Where does evryone park ??? I'll bring some fire wood but I'll be in a small jeep so not a bunch of room...

jim "hawk" :coffeetime:

Alright! Another Jeepster!! :whoopie: Looks like we will be having a mini convention of jeeps this trip. :ROFL:

Sent you a PM and hope you have a gps unit.

Aloha, Stan aka Kaimi

BTW: I took my back seat out a loooong time ago and you will be amazed with what I am able to pack in the back of my wrangler.

Make sure you guys take lots of pictures and video! We want to see how the pro's do it (meteorite hunting, that is). :-)

Bob

I should be able to make it. With all this jeep talk I think I will bring my jeep to see how good it can tow my little tent trailer.

Mike

Hi all,

It looks like -barring any unforeseen circumstances- I'll be there on the morning of 12-15 -07.

I'm sure that I'll bring my Jeep and quad and will probably be filming more than hunting.

So get ready to smile and maybe show off a little... Thousands of people that view this outing on youtube are gonna wanna know how we do it!!

It'll be fun.

P.S. Oh ya, everyone needs to bring $100,000 each as I hear that thats what it costs nowadays!!

oh thats just pocket change

oh thats just pocket change

In that case when you need your laundry done, let me know. :whoopie:

And with Ruben showing up I am really looking forward to the big weekend. Hope the weather holds and we dont freeze our butts off overnite. :WOW:

Rick has chili planned for friday and I will be serving lobster meat and grilling some steaks to be cut up and passed around at the campfire saturday nite. :ROFL: So bring your appetite and utensils. Or you can always eat Hawaiian style: with your hands! :innocent0009:

Aloha, Stan aka Kaimi :ph34r2:

sweet free food rocks what ealse can a man ask for o yea free beer ;P :) :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

rockstar juice!

[Erik]

I am thankign moster :P i quit drinking so it engery for me as well but beer dose sound good :)

:icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: The days are counting down.... :laught16::laught16:

I am already starting to pack and get ready.....

Looking forward to this outing :sign: :chowtime: :mm: :poke:

An outing like this

GOOD FRIENDS.....GOOD HUNTING.....GOOD FOOD & DRINK.....What more can ya ask for.

Is it time to go yet :laught16: :coffeetime:

Looks like my GM4B will be here on Monday so I will have a little time to get used to it.

See everyone at the outing.......

Aloha Rick,

Glad to see that you will be back in the field once again. :whoopie: You just gotta get yourself an iron and even a nice spacerock for X-mas. :ROFL:

Also looking forward to meeting up with what looks to be a whole bunch of seekers. Hope the weather starts to clear up and have my fingers crossed for a clear sky tht whole weekend.

Aloha till then,

Stan aka Kaimi

Stan I got me an "attack " :icon_mrgreen: plan already figured out for hunting this outing, I am sure it will work.

If it Dont find me some space rocks at least I will get the hot rocks :laught16:

As far as the weather goes, from what I can tell it is gonna be great. like about upper 60's to

mid 40's and sort clear.....I am planning on taking my water and snack out in the field and hunting most of the day .

To all the folks planning on making or even thinking about making it out to this OUTING....

It is Going to be ONE NOT TO MISS.....if nothing else it will be FUN :laught16:

Hey all,

Keep in mind that I'll definately be filming for meteorite-times and youtube, but I'll probably also-if time premits- write an article for meteorite magazine too! So be animated and hardworking, lets document this trip real well!

Oh ya, lets find some rocks too.........

Ruben Garcia

Hey all,

Keep in mind that I'll definately be filming for meteorite-times and youtube, but I'll probably also-if time premits- write an article for meteorite magazine too! So be animated and hardworking, lets document this trip real well!

Oh ya, lets find some rocks too.........

Ruben Garcia

Sounds good to me Ruben. I'll definately be working hard.

So what kind of theme are you shooting for on this video?

As far as the $ goes... do you want that in 20's or 100's? Or even better do you take PayPal? :laught16:

Del

Hey Del,

The theme is "watch as I get my butt kicked at Franconia"....

No really, I just wanna show a bunch of different meteorite hunters getting together for a friendly, fun, outing. Think about it, all meteorite hunts on youtube or meteorite-times or even meteorite magazine are one or two people finding space rocks. This will be one of the first "mass meteorite hunts" documented in both print and film!!

I'll be there Sat 12-15 and maybe Sunday,

Ruben

Hello Ruben. Enjoyed your article in the November issue of Meteorite. Perhaps the theme as taken from that article could be "Successful Meteorite Hunting 101 field trip". I know we'll have a great time. See you in a few days. --Perry--

Lets see if i can brign my newbie skill and frinde some rocks francona here nate comes watch out moahaahahahahaah :icon_mrgreen:

When i have kids im going to give them a box of hot rocks i saved for christmas

if they are bad.

Coal is to expensive when your on a youtube budget.

[Erik]

I think Nate's going to learn the definition of "mineralized ground" when he gets to Franconia. :laught16::laught16:

Nate.... get your ears ready for a workout! :headphones:

Del

Just a thought guys: Does anyone besides me have a radio that they will be bringing to this outing? I have a Garmin Rino 120 with a gmrs radio built in and will be on whatever channel you guys agree on for this trip otherwise you can get me on channel 5.

With a radio you can broadcast your finds :woohoo: and this should help Ruben out with his filming.

Aloha till then,

Stan aka Kaimi :ph34r2:

Hey Del,

The theme is "watch as I get my butt kicked at Franconia"....

No really, I just wanna show a bunch of different meteorite hunters getting together for a friendly, fun, outing. Think about it, all meteorite hunts on youtube or meteorite-times or even meteorite magazine are one or two people finding space rocks. This will be one of the first "mass meteorite hunts" documented in both print and film!!

I'll be there Sat 12-15 and maybe Sunday,

Ruben

I don't know Ruben, Franconia can kick our butts! My last trip out there I'm convinced there was a skunk running around somewhere. He almost got me on my first day, then he almost got Erik AND Stan. Thank god Erik beat the little bastard to a bloody pulp so it's definately not coming back.

Stan- I have two radios, but for some reason they don't charge up all the way. However I'll bring them with me.

Del

The only radio I got is a 2 meter amature radio......

Nate is gonna get a big surprize as he swing his detector the first time.

Perry , how ya doing, glad to hear you will be out there, hope others will show up too.

I would like to see Jim (paleface) and even Wayne (mobilehomes) if they could make it.

see y'all soon.........

Hi all,

Bringing radio's would be a good idea! The when someone finds something they can call me over to film. Another good idea is anyone that has a digital video camera can help film, then later I can combine the footage...

Ruben

Hi all,

Bringing radio's would be a good idea! The when someone finds something they can call me over to film. Another good idea is anyone that has a digital video camera can help film, then later I can combine the footage...

Ruben

Thats a good idea Ruben. I have a video camera on my Canon camera but I'm sure the quality isn't that great. I'll see if I can borrow my brother-in-laws video camera. This will keep you from running around everywhere.

Del