Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kaimi

Franconia Weekend Outing

Just another reminder folks that there is going to be an informal Franconia Outing starting Dec. 14 thru 16, 2007. :ROFL:

I for one will be there early friday morning so if you get there and dont see me around I will be out in the field starting no later than 8 am and should return around sundown. Looking forward to seeing some old as well as some new faces out there.

If anyone is planning on bringing there radios out then I will be using my Garmin Rino 120 and be on channel 12. Plan on having a campfire snack of steak and lobster meat on saturday night. I think that Rick will be bringing some of his infamous chili.

Items really needed are as follows:

FIREWOOD

FIREWOOD

MORE FIREWOOD

Yes, it starts to get cold around sundown (5pm) and really starts to get chilly later :WOW: so firewood is really needed. We may be able to get some wood from the dead brushes/trees across the highway in the wash area but they will probably be BIG pieces.

If anyone needs a throwdown Franconian stone or iron to tune their detectors I will be beinging a few specimens for show and tell during our campfire session. Of course you are more than welcome to bring some of yours along with some good stories to share. These are the times that I look forward to the most:Sharing of info! Dont forget them jokes also. :ROFL:

Looking forward to even getting some pics and possibly a video done on this trip. Got to see about getting Erik and Ben on film along with Del in his camo outfit. These three guys are the hardest to find out in the field.

Aloha till then,

Stan aka Kaimi :ph34r2:

I'll bring a buttload of firewood with me, a lot more than normal. There's a place around the corner from my job that has good prices and I'll get a bunch.

I haven't seen an "official" anouncement for this outing like last year. So should I assume this will be a "get together" instead of an outing?

Del

I'll bring a buttload of firewood with me, a lot more than normal. There's a place around the corner from my job that has good prices and I'll get a bunch.

I haven't seen an "official" anouncement for this outing like last year. So should I assume this will be a "get together" instead of an outing?

Del

Tried sending a PM to you but it is disabled for some reason. Check your settings Dude! :confused0013:

This could be called a "gathering of the minds" outing. :innocent0009:

Aloha till then,

Stan aka Kaimi

As it stands I am planning on being there EARLY friday also.....will set my truck at the camp site and

I will have CHILI for Friday night :chowtime: also gonna some fire wood......I look forward to

the campfire conversations/discusions/bs sessions......Best thing about these outings....

This is an open outing and anyone is welcome to attend, the more the merrier :icon_mrgreen:

Tried sending a PM to you but it is disabled for some reason. Check your settings Dude! :confused0013:

This could be called a "gathering of the minds" outing. :innocent0009:

Aloha till then,

Stan aka Kaimi

Yeah I was playing around with some settings earlier today and temporarily disabled it, it's fixed now though.

Del

HEY GUYS.....Do we want the CHILI like I always make it or does it need a little more fire in it.

Let me know :laught16: ...just keep away from the fire :laught16:

Anything else we might need......speak up and lets make this a great one to attend and one to

MISSED by those that don't get to attend. :coffeetime:

Ok, so I guess I'm gonna need coordinates as I've never been to an outing/meeting of the minds/gathering. I usually prefer to be a lone wolf. The last time I was in franconia was 2004 and I had just come off of several 3 kilo days. I'm assume they've become a little harder to find.........ha ha

Paul and Mike, are you two gonna be there???? Let me know what days...

Who else is gonna show???

Ruben

well I am going to do my best to show up. My only regret is its not going to be this weekend! Would love to hunt now!I will probabaly bring some friends so I dont have to bend over for myslef:)aka younger not such geneticly broken knees.

would love to follow arround some of te more experienced so that i can pick up on some of thier habbits. so far most of my experience is in nuggetshooting and helping locate things for archeologists wich is my fav by far so far.I love finding historicly signficant things that I get awesome input on them right in the field. Plus this lets me beep in areas that normaly would not be able to hunt in.

With that no sense in dragging this thread out of subject:) count me in on the Franconia trip.

Gordon

Grodon, you and friends are welcome as is anyone. We all had to start some place and Franconia

with this group is as good as any, maybe even better....

things a person might want to bring...

Water

camping gear

quad/atv

food

firewood

magnet on a stick....(picking up meteorites)

metal detector

warm clothes/ in layers.....temps can change from day to day.

and a desire to learn..........

Hope to see ya there

Ok, so I guess I'm gonna need coordinates as I've never been to an outing/meeting of the minds/gathering.

Ruben

Coords to the outing are as follows:

Exit 9 off I40 is to the Pilot Truck Stop: N34' 43.703 W114' 18.954

Exit 13 off I40 is Franconia Road: N34' 43.975 W114' 15.738

Franconia Campsite: N34' 42.730 W114' 14.110

These directions are what I use when coming from Las Vegas. The Pilot Truck stop is a good place to top off your gas and get that much needed cup of coffee :coffeetime: early in the morning.

Exit 13 is Franconia Road and is clearly labeled. Take the offramp, at the Stop sign you just turn right and go up a slight incline into the desert. It is just over a 1 1/2 to the campsite. There is a "y" in the road when you get near the coords. I will try to get there early enough to be able to post a sign/arrow to the campsite but you should be able to see the campsite from the fork in the road.

Looking forward to finally meeting you as I have seen your videos and heard a lot about you from others.

If all else fails just look for a Royal Blue Jeep wrangler with a Black hardtop.

Aloha and see you soon,

Stan aka Kaimi

yeah... ruben, you will most likely be measuring in grams

[Erik]

Franconia Campsite: N34' 42.730 W114' 14.110

Hi Kaimi,

Thanks for the coordinates. I won't be able to meet you guys (my girlfriend has her Christmas work party on the 14th), but it's nice to know when I do get out there the next time.

Everyone:

Where is the hunting area (strewn field) in relation to your campsite? (For example, 1 mile south of it to 5 miles north of it and 1 mile wide.) Where are most people hunting now (northern area or southern area)? Where did Erik find his???? :WOW: I don't see the coords on his Garmin in the pictures. :ph34r2:

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Kaimi,

Thanks for the coordinates. I won't be able to meet you guys (my girlfriend has her Christmas work party on the 14th), but it's nice to know when I do get out there the next time.

Everyone:

Where is the hunting area (strewn field) in relation to your campsite? (For example, 1 mile south of it to 5 miles north of it and 1 mile wide.) Where are most people hunting now (northern area or southern area)? Where did Erik find his???? :WOW: I don't see the coords on his Garmin in the pictures. :ph34r2:

Thanks,

Bob

I usually hunt on the north side of the tracks and cover about 8-10 miles according to my gps tracks. :WOW:

Pretty good for an old fart eh. :hmmmmmm:

As for the coords of Eriks find? I dont think that Ben raised a kid who would give away any of his secrets. :laught16:

Besides what fun would it be if you knew where to look . :innocent0009:

You just have to go out and "work the fields" till you find a good spot. Then :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: the heck out of it until there is nothing left to find.

Good luck and hope to see you out there one day soon.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

ill be glad to share:

i found that with in 5 miles of exit 13.

ill even point it out for you. (the exit of course)

ill be glad to share:

I think I know the area you are mentioning :hmmmmmm: and will be making sure to bring my supervac to clean up any tidbits left behind. :innocent0009:

Keep up the good work kiddo :whoopie: and maybe the next time you could share with your dad one of them "little" finds. :Huh_anim]:

Aloha, Stan aka Kaimi :ph34r2:

I usually hunt on the north side of the tracks and cover about 8-10 miles according to my gps tracks. :WOW:

Pretty good for an old fart eh. :hmmmmmm:

:-)

I just saw Jason's YouTube video where it showed the strewn field. It looks like I was hunting on the far western edge of the field, so I wasn't in the best place. Oh well. In a year or two when I can go back, I'll know better. :-)

As for the coords of Eriks find? I dont think that Ben raised a kid who would give away any of his secrets. :laught16:

Besides what fun would it be if you knew where to look . :innocent0009:

Yeah, you're right. That wouldn't be fun at all. :winking0023:

Regards,

Bob

ill be glad to share:

Gee, thanks for pinpointing it, Erik. :laught16:

Bob

ill be glad to share:

:laught16::laught16::laught16: Thata boy! Your dad taught you well! :laught16::laught16::laught16:

:laught16: Is that like...Over by the rocks next to the catus..... :laught16:

Getting close Guys/folks less than 2 weeks and counting...looking forward to this outing.

it's the 14 15 and 16 right good i should be there! i got a QUESTION ILL BE LEAVEIGN OUT the 14 hopefully earryy in the moring but i need dir there or mabe a number on someome that migth beable to get5 me there ?

By the way... i only hunted the new area for an hour

and i only covered half the size of a football field.

and i found a 630 grammer

and a 180 grammer

all in that small area....

soo...

i wounder what the other 4 football fields of uncovered area

will provide....

several weeks after the outing and un-announced of course

[Erik]

Nate, what direction are you coming from. from Kingman, go west on I-40 towards Califonia.

Get off at EXIT 13 (Franconia) , turn left ast the stop sign , cross the interstate go straight on the dirt road up the hill,

keep going untill you come to the first MAJOR CROSSROAD....turn left you will be able

to see us there at the camp site.

If you need any other directions let me know.

Se ya there........ :icon_mrgreen:

it's the 14 15 and 16 right good i should be there! i got a QUESTION ILL BE LEAVEIGN OUT the 14 hopefully earryy in the moring but i need dir there or mabe a number on someome that migth beable to get5 me there ?

If you have a gps go to post #10 for the exact coords and directions. They should be able to get you there with no problem.

Aloha, Stan aka Kaimi

Just another reminder folks that there is going to be an informal Franconia Outing starting Dec. 14 thru 16, 2007. :ROFL:

Looking forward to seeing some old as well as some new faces out there. FIREWOOD Stan aka Kaimi

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Kaimi, I should be there on the 12th or early 13th. It's my first time there. Where does evryone park ??? I'll bring some fire wood but I'll be in a small jeep so not a bunch of room...

jim "hawk" :coffeetime:

Hi Jim (night hawk),

Lets see if I can explain how ro get where we camp.....after you head south on the dirt road from

the interstate go to the first majo crossroads...turn left go down the dip and up the otherside

there is a flat area on the right that is where we camp....when you turn there are 2 flat areas one before the dip and one after, we camp at the one after on the right side......

Hope I don't confuse ya....not sure how to get a map in here......I will be out there on Friday

EARLY I hope, I drive a dark blue Chevy truck with a white dragon on the passenger side.

I will be pulling a black trailer with a RED polaris quad......hope to see ya there.