Nugget Shooter Forums

Charity Raffle...OK we are ready to roll

Hi All,

I have a real neat and special item that I will raffle off in the next few days. I hope Jason will explain a little better than I can about it came to be, but this one is special in that it is in YOUR honor my friends. I am trying to figure out exactly where the $$ should go, any ideas. I feel it should go to that organization that uses it to help families of soldiers lost in the war but I can't remember the name of it. I will be picking up tickets today and will get this going.

Remember the 11,000.00 we drummed up for Hurracaine Katrina victims ? WOW! It sure gives our little cyber world a chance to make a difference!

Jason? Got a minute to explain exactly why and how this came about my friend?

Bill

post-3-1196346897_thumb.jpg

post-3-1196346907_thumb.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you slide over to www.usparatroopers.us they can direct you to just about every org. that helps families of fallen soldiers . I post there as AK Airborne ( I served as an Airborne Infantryman in Alaska hence the user name) . Drop my name if you want just to ID yourself . They have to weed out people just as you have to . An intro never hurts .

OK here we go....

We can do this by MAIL ONLY! Steve (El Dorado) will be running this as he is a Vet and has offered to help and that is only fitting.

Raffle tickets will be $5.00 each and there is no limit to how many you can buy. ALL MONEY will be donated to a military related charity that we will finalize as we go. Mark your check memo as Nugget Shooter Forum charity raffle for tax deductions... :innocent0009:

Send ticket requests to:

Soon as I get it El Dorados addy will go here....

Please send a check or money order so Steve can keep better records if possible. Raffle will continue through January 31st 2008. I will then get a volunteer from the forum to dray the lucky ticket. I weeded out most of the posts in this thread except the one above so as to have less confusion. I would still like some input about charities and what you all think is best. We will let you all know how it is going as the ticket sales progress... You all already know we can make a pretty big statement when we want! Feel free to let others know as well....

Guys this is for a real good cause and this is a very special prize, good luck!

Bill

Bill, sorry for not replying earlier. While deployed, I had the chance to fly the US Flag in honor of those I wished to represent back here in the US. The flag was flown over the Kandahar Air Field, Afghanistan, over the building in the picture on the left hand side. That building was the Taliban Last Stand (TLS) building, where we worked and the Taliban were forced from in 2001. The hole was produced by a JDAM, thus ending the Taliban's hold on the area and the building. During the last Nugget shooter outing, I presented Bill with two flags, one for his support of the troops, dedication and commitment to hobby and the website. The other flag was for a fellow nugget shooter. The flag is authentic and was flown by myself, as well as signed by myself and my way of thanking all those who supported me while deployed. Thanks again to all of those who support the hobby and the troops. Jason :;):

I am ready to go and ready to help Bill And Jason out with this Outstanding plan.

All checks are to be made out to Bill Southern. As mentioned each ticket is $5.00. When I receive your check, I will mail you a ticket stub for each $5 donated.

Here is the Address to mail your checks. I will announce at least every few days what our grand total is. When the drive is over, all tickets will be mailed to Bill for the grand drawing.

I am starting this off with the purchase of 20 tickets for myself!

Steve Wandt

11230 Gold Express Drive suite 310-146

Gold River, CA 95670

Here is a suggestion for the recipient for this charity donation.

http://www.fisherhouse.org/

The Fisher House is like the Ronald McDonald's House but it is for major VA Hospitals, both in CONUS and overseas. Many of our returning injured vets end up in long term care at one of the VA hospitals. The Fisher House is a place where parents, wives and children can stay for free in safe, clean and secure housing for as long as they need. I toured one of them in California and in all honesty they are a 5 star set up. Many spouses and children would not be able to stay with their recovering soldier without this wonderful service.

Hi All,

Well here we go and let me tell ya these boys are over there fighting for US so we can raise our families and hunt for gold. Let's show some support and make this a donation raffle to remember! Steve said only one response so far?????? Guys think about what this means and perhaps we can actually do something in return for the sacrifice these heros make every day without a gripe! This is a huge honor and to YOU at this forum!!!!!

Steve will update us with current amount as we go so lets make those fine young men and women as proud of us as we are of them!

OK soooooo let's rock!

Bill

CHARITY UPDATE

As of today a total of $325 dollars have been donated to a (as of yet unnamed) MILITARY charity. This is a tough time of the year to shell out extra money, but many in our outstanding military certainly can use additional help.... keep'm coming.

How we doing Steve?

Bill

Bill and everyone else, not as good as I would think. I can only report another $50 in donations since last report. Total to date is only $375 from 5 donors. Not to mention no one has helped decide what military charity to donate to.

Steve

Steve,

Fisherhouse sounds like a very good place to send our money to. Hopefully we as a Country can take better care of our returning Vets. this time around. I will send you a check after the holidays.

Bob

Hi Steve.....I too would like to see donations go to Fisherhouse....the returning wounded vets

need to know that their families are being taken care of by us civilians as much as possible....

bad enough getting shot or blown to pieces but I think they worry more about the wife and kids

than about themselves......

It sure hasn't gone as well so far as I thought, but after the first I think it will pick up. Anything will be a help and I expect these guys will come through! Fisherhouse sounds good to me as well. Perhaps with folks knowing where their money is going things will pick up.

Bill

G'Day Bill

Sent check today before I had a chance to throw this in, things were already under way. So there's no changing destiny, but I noticed that it was stated Nugget Shooters which is really all of us. So I wanted to propose that it become a perpetual statement whereas everyone who wins it, keeps and displays it for 12 months and it's returned for a new raffle annually which keeps the money coming in for the vets that need it.

I for one, if I win it, won't keep it or take it back to Australia; even though I'll be heading back soon. I feel it belongs here in the states and to the great members of this forum.

So as I said, if I'm the lucky one to take this unique prize I will return it back to you Bill to offer up again to keep the money flowing.

Cheers

Johnno and Kat

Ditto" It is a piece of history and no one should actually own it, but rather just be a keeper. A few more donation letters came in Yesterday. I guess the mail has been very snailish over the Holidays because one was postmarked 17 Dec ! I have been holding the checks received so far, but will be forwarding them to Bill today.

We are now up to $420 total. Now tht the new year has begun, I hope to see that number grow a bunch!

I think you'll see a pick up as the year wears on, as for me, they like to schedule our $600 real estate dues all in one lump due the 31st of Dec. Merry Christmas indeed, not making me more jolly I'm sure! :smack:

Johnno....you might be from "down under" but your certainly "on top" with the ideas.....it's a

great feeling to know people like you......

G'Day Don

Thanks for the kind words, I really enjoy your postings. As a matter of fact, everyday I get up I walk past your Uruacu ... 471 grams I got from David, also a very nice guy. Call me weird, but I get alot of pride in knowing the person who found it. Even though it's just through this forum and have not met you personally. Now I just need to get gold to like me and I might find alot more :laught16::laught16::laught16:

Cheers

Johnno

So I wanted to propose that it become a perpetual statement whereas everyone who wins it, keeps and displays it for 12 months and it's returned for a new raffle annually which keeps the money coming in for the vets that need it.

Cheers

Johnno and Kat

This is an AWESOME idea!!!!!

If everyone gets just 1 ticket think what we would have to offer.

Johnno,

I'm getting a bit worried, your check still has not shown up????????

Don't worry :coffeetime: It should show up tomorrow Kat mailed it from work and sometimes they miss the pickup :grrr01: I sent one to bill and he never got it.but it has not been cashed. I had something sent from Burbank took three days I could have walked there from my place :laught16: Whats the world coming to when you can't count on the USMAIL

Johnno,

Got it, I will send you your ticket today...........