Nugget Shooter Forums

Charity Raffle...OK we are ready to roll

OK guys lets get it done...I have 2 envelopes from Steve I haven't even opened yet and one Johnno stuck in to help a little more. Steve did he get tickets for this other donation?

Who will draw the winner?

Do I have all the names?

This flag is itchin for a new home....Bill

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill,

I have been out of town for awhile. I will go to the Mail Box today and check to see if any additional donations have come in. Then tomorrow I will mail all the ticket stubs and the remaining check I have. You can choose whomever to do the drawing and them announce the winner..............

Sorry I did not get this closed out on the first, but an out of town (mining related) trip to Winterfest 2008 got in the way. It was a miner's Pow Wow also for fundrsiaing. see this:

http://golddredger.com/dcforum/DCForumID2/4019.html

Hey Bill, how about having your young daughter Mykala (sorry about the misspell or incorrect name) draw the tickets...if we didn't trust you we wouldn't send you checks...at least that is my feeling on the subject.

Fred

That would require Steve to mail them to me... Steve you got a wife, kids, grand kids, dog cat, or goldfish that can draw the ticket?

Bill

Oh, sorry, in my current state of confusion I thought you were getting the tickets to draw...I amend my suggestion to second yours as I trust your trust in Steve...at any rate, I will yield the flag and attendent obligations to Steve should I win...good luck!

Fred

Tickets for drawing have been mailed to Bill along with everything he will need to find the winner, should be able to have a drawing any day that Bill has the time. Sorry for all the delays on my part, but I have a new addition to the family and it took a bunch of my time plus going to Winterfest.

My Yellow Baby

SALUTE....the last living survivor of WW1.....

Frank Woodruff Buckles.....At age 107, there's not much the war veteran, POW and West Virginia farmer hasn't seen. But this week, this quietly accomplished man was humbled.

Buckles, the last known surviving World War I U.S. veteran, met the president of the United States and received a standing ovation at the Pentagon.

He drove ambulances in Britain and France for soldiers wounded during World War I.

A few decades later, Buckles was in the Philippines as a civilian, on December 7, 1941, the day Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. He was taken as a prisoner of war for 39 months in Manila, eating his meals out of a single tin cup.

More than 60 years later, he still clings to that cup, the one that sustained his life. Weathered with age, the cup has flecks of white paint chipped off. He keeps it as a reminder of his sacrifice for the country he so loves. He also still has his dog tags

Thanks you Mr. Buckles and the example you set for the rest of us.....

If I am the winner, It will be flown on Memorial day as a tribute to Mr. Buckles.........and of course every other soldier or veteran!

Bill, did ya get all the stuff? When is the drawing?

I'm waiting waiting waiting..................The drama is almost unbearable! The ticket will be drawn and just as Bill starts to announce the winner, there will be a commercial break or the internet connection will go poof...............then the drama of the moment will just be too much for this person to handle............

OK, evening has come and gone.......... Like I said the drama is just too much for this guy. I'm gonna just shut the computer off and try my hardest to be patient. NOT

HEY BILL, draw the friggin ticket!

Ole Bill is probably sneaking off to one of his secret patches to try out the NEW GP4500......

and he's finding so much gold he's not even thinking about the drawing... or coming home.....

until late tonight so nobody can follow him.....

BTW Bill.....just which Monday night were you talking about?......

The winner is ticket # 3954042 Mikayla drew the ticket and Blake was a witness and is pissed cause he didn't win....

Yes we know the name, but this is more fun :laught16:

Bill

You're joking? ? Right? ? I never win anything........

OK so here is the pain I put myself through.

I figured I would stop by and bless my good friend's new store with an Ice cold Corona.

While Bill & I was there visiting we got to talking about this drawing, so he calls over to the house for the best ticket drawer ever, Mikayla.

While we are waiting for Mikayla, Bill holds the ziplock bag full of raffle tickets over his head, and says..."lets see who would have won if I could draw the ticket"....... he pulls HEYBEERMAN!

Would't ya know it! :shrug: :grrr01: :Huh_anim]: :hmmmmmm:

Congrats to ticket holder 3954042! :whoopie: :whoopie: I know who you are :poke:

Jayray, thanks for making this happen!!!

Blake