Nugget Shooter Forums

Charity Raffle...OK we are ready to roll

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G'Day Steve

Got the special winning tickets today. Pretty pink matches somebody's thong I know :innocent0009: Thanks and double thanks for giving up your time to deal with this. Everyone you better get in quick those special tickets are going fast :laught16::laught16:

Cheers Johnno

Hi Gang, the effort thus far is great and I applaud everyone who has contributed. With the up coming elections, home foreclosures, and environmental concerns, the Global War on Terrorism has lost some coverage, but don't be fooled. The troops are still over there pounding the sand and making a difference. In a few more months, I'll be passing the baton to my fellow brethren and supporting them for the years to come. Let's all make a difference and do our part. Thanks again for being a part of history! Jason :;):

Here are some more pics of Afghanistan;

Nellis AFB SF Group shot

TLS Flag

Local UXO (Unexploded Ordinance) collectors

Fire team on patrol

post-1008-1200811112_thumb.jpg

post-1008-1200811147_thumb.jpg

post-1008-1200811177_thumb.jpg

post-1008-1200811203_thumb.jpg

Hi Bill;

I will be sending my check off today. I am thinking that this is a very difficult time of year to have a fund-raiser...have you considered

1. extending the deadline

2. promoting this on the other forums

3. having second, third and 4th prizes...just to jazz it up a bit...I would donate my very lightly used collection of gold-hunting c-d's, a gold-basin meteorite and small specie from Rich Hill.

On a different subject;

back in my hippie days I knew everything and had little respect for opposing opinions, without getting into politics, my one regret from those days is that I could not separate the politics from the military participants. Because of that mindset I didnot give the soldiers that served the honor and respect that was, and still is their due. For that I am truely sorry...every person that serves in our Military deserves my respect for their sacrifice and service to us all.

I realize there is some risk to this and if you want go ahead and delete this post...nonethe less, my offer stands.

Fred

Check will be in the mail tomorrow. I almost missed this altogether as I seldom look up in the topic area assuming that it is old hat. And, I

take a look at the forum almost daily. Perhaps someone could make notice of the raffle in the (lower) forum topics area again. Good luck

to all. --Perry--

back in my hippie days I knew everything and had little respect for opposing opinions, without getting into politics, my one regret from those days is that I could not separate the politics from the military participants. Because of that mindset I didnot give the soldiers that served the honor and respect that was, and still is their due. For that I am truely sorry...every person that serves in our Military deserves my respect for their sacrifice and service to us all.

Fred,

I was one of those on the other end of the spectrum. I want you to know that what you just posted means a lot ot many, especially me. The saying "time heals all wounds" is so very true. Once again, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I agree, that this needs to be posted in a few other areas, If it were not for "Sharing Finds", I myself would never look at the top of this forum.

I dont check my box every day, gas is so friggin pricey. I will go tomorrow and let you know.

WOWSA WOWSA WOWSA... checked my mail box today and there were FOUR new contributions including your Fred. I will get the tickets out right away and the checks forwarded to BILL............

Now we are rockin' and rollin'

I guess we are about ready to draw a winner? I'll extend this to Friday and all entries myst be postmarked by the 10th of Feb. Me and Steve will get all our ducks in a row by the 17th (I hope) and we will announce a winner!

Cheers, Bill

Bill, just as soon as this ends, I will get all the drawing tickets to you. Just for the fun of it I held my own drawing and Garimpo won. I did put his winning ticket back in the pot.

I think this years winner should take care of the ticket stuff for next year. However, I will do it if needed... no problem at all.

G'Day El Dorado

Now I'm worried lets say Don wins it, I can trust him but sending checks to Brazil can we trust the mail :Huh_anim]: He can't trust he's neighbours he has to run away to detect :laught16:

Hey guys not to worry......never won anything in my life

send money here?.....no way....you can't believe the problems with the taxes(politician's are hungry

every where).....bank charges.....and the three % just to change Dollars to Reals.....

Should I accidentally win......I'll surprise you all......get the paddles ready Flak....

Johnno....g'day....the ba$tards out foxed me yesterday....did you see the results?

three guys.....about three hours of beeping (at least one hour walking to the spot)...and they got

around 60 grams.......

I leave at 0600....they leave now at 0800.....guess I showed them a thing or two.... :cry2:

OK, I have an easy fix to that problem, If Don wins, I will hold the flag for him and take care of the ticket stuff for next year. Some way shape or form, I really want to fly that flag on my flagpole for Veterans Day and Memorial day........... Maybe I could rent it from the winner for at least one day??????

OK, I have an easy fix to that problem, If Don wins, I will hold the flag for him and take care of the ticket stuff for next year. Some way shape or form, I really want to fly that flag on my flagpole for Veterans Day and Memorial day........... Maybe I could rent it from the winner for at least one day??????

Steve,

Check is in the mail today, if I win, you keep the flag and stuff for next year. Fly the flag high and proud.

Jim

No Problem on my end. I have beeen out of town for a few days and will check my Mail Box tomorrow..............

• 2 weeks later...

Total so far is $655, Bill wants to hold this open till there are no more donations. When I am told it is over, I will send the ticket stubs to Bill for the drawing. He already has most of the money. Sofar it's been pretty slow raffle.

I can wait for my time to be care taker for this flag :innocent0009:

Slow for this year, but I think (hope) almost everyone here will be will to donate it back at the end of the year so we can do it again. So year after year we will have some to donate to the cause.

Great cause!

Blake

Not a problem for me either. Can't wait to hoist it up my flagpole for Memorial day!

G'Day El Dorado

I know you're sweatin' on Memorial Day, but if I get it .. I just need a couple of photos and I'll send it back to you for the next raffle that way you can hang it on Memorial Day.

Cheers

Johnno