Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goldfinger

Robert L Tatham Treasure Cypher

Hope it's alright if I jump in. I would never ask for anyone to share their personal work on this, that's like asking where your nugget patch is. My question is whether the cipher is listed in the book or do you have to put together the numbers too?

Mark

Hope it's alright if I jump in. I would never ask for anyone to share their personal work on this, that's like asking where your nugget patch is. My question is whether the cipher is listed in the book or do you have to put together the numbers too?

Mark

The cypher is listed in the book. See the start of this thread that has links where to but the book.

Mark

AZMark, the more the merrier !!! there are two published versions of "Missouri Treasures and Civil War Sites" by author, Robert Tatham. the first in 1976 and the second in 1982. the second release has the codes (numbers) that if you can find the clues located in the book, By using a version of the Beale code system, it will locate a buried treasure near Kansas City, Missouri. Code number 1 has been cracked and rumour has it that another code has been cracked but it is not verified. As of 1994, it is a fact that the treasure has NOT been located. No one has claimed a find since. Good luck with your search and have fun !

AZMark, the more the merrier !!! there are two published versions of "Missouri Treasures and Civil War Sites" by author, Robert Tatham. the first in 1976 and the second in 1982. the second release has the codes (numbers) that if you can find the clues located in the book, By using a version of the Beale code system, it will locate a buried treasure near Kansas City, Missouri. Code number 1 has been cracked and rumour has it that another code has been cracked but it is not verified. As of 1994, it is a fact that the treasure has NOT been located. No one has claimed a find since. Good luck with your search and have fun !

Appreciate it. I read the info on the Beale code, and if I understand correctly it was cracked but no treasure was found? In a sleepy haze I stumbled on a couple of interesting coincidences that seem to tie into the Beale cypher. Also, I grew up near KC MO. and feel I might have a slight insight into how people in general think and see the world in that part of the country. Then again, I'm always sure I can find where I need to go without looking at a map, so we'll see how this works out. Now where is that turn off? It should be right around here... :desertsmile:

Mr. Tatham............................ You got me again. AHHHHH!!!! :grr01:

Does anyone think there is any possibility that he would use different cyphering methods for each code?

I am the son of "one of the trusted witness" to burying the treasure. He tells me to his knowledge, it is still unsolved. I have, as others have, been able to solve the 1st code. I have a great lead on the 2nd but yet to solve it. When I ask, all I get is a smile and "good luck" but am encouraged. I can remember treasure hunting with Bob Tatham, my dad and brother many years ago as a kid. I am still trying as many are to get it solved. If anyone has positive leads and/or wants to create a group to pool resources, I'd be interested in hearing how to do it. What I can bring to the table is, why the treasure was buried in the first place, what it's buried in (besides the silver chest), the solution to the 1st, what I believe is to be the "key" to the 2nd and why I believe it to be (however it doesn't decode traditionally) and some other conversations I've had with those who know more.I'd like to solve it, even as a team just to settle a 35 year old mystery

I am the son etc...

Howdy & welcome to the forum..

Since what I'm about to ask has nothing to do with decryption or finding, howzabout at least sharing

with us why it was buried in the first place and maybe what it's buried in as well..?

Swamp

I am the son of "one of the trusted witness" to burying the treasure. He tells me to his knowledge, it is still unsolved. I have, as others have, been able to solve the 1st code. I have a great lead on the 2nd but yet to solve it. When I ask, all I get is a smile and "good luck" but am encouraged. I can remember treasure hunting with Bob Tatham, my dad and brother many years ago as a kid. I am still trying as many are to get it solved. If anyone has positive leads and/or wants to create a group to pool resources, I'd be interested in hearing how to do it. What I can bring to the table is, why the treasure was buried in the first place, what it's buried in (besides the silver chest), the solution to the 1st, what I believe is to be the "key" to the 2nd and why I believe it to be (however it doesn't decode traditionally) and some other conversations I've had with those who know more.I'd like to solve it, even as a team just to settle a 35 year old mystery

Anyone that has a copy of the 1982 version of the book knows that Mr Tatham states himself in the book why he buried the treasure to begin with.

I wasn't trying to be "all knowing" about why Bob had buried the treasure (Vaq45) I was only attempting to qualify that I have little additional information to add but possibly of interest to those who didn't have a copy of his book. 

Very simple and interesting man. He wanted to give back to those who share the same passions as he did toward treasure hunting and research. It also sparked a surge in book sales and in a round about way, made him happy as it potentially brought more people into the treasure hunting hobby that he loved.

I would enjoy getting together with anyone interested in teaming up to solve the remaining clues. For me, I've only solve the 1st, but in finally achieving success it only serves to wet your appetite for more. Contact me or leave your email and I'd be more than willing to put together thoughts. I work and live in the KC area and as and FYI, spoke to the "trusted witness" as the story points out and he believes what someone else has written in an earlier post.....he has heard 2 of the 4 clues have been solved but the treasure is still secure and undisturbed.