Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Basin 24Nov07

Hi Gang, well, my son and I braved the "cold" :laught16: weather and decided to do some dry washing and metal detecting today. We used the dry washer first and only found one picker :zapped: , but Brayden got a taste of how hard dry washing really is :banged: . So, we then decided to look for meteorites instead. That turned out to be the better of the two ideas :smrt1: . We found two meteorites, one 61.5 grams and a small 10.1 gram Goldbasinite :whoopie: :wubu: . All-in-all a great day, and the weather was nice! Enjoy the pics, Jason. :;):

post-1008-1195963582_thumb.jpg

post-1008-1195963594_thumb.jpg

post-1008-1195963635_thumb.jpg

post-1008-1195963662_thumb.jpg

Nice going Jayson and Brayden , I am sorry I could not make it out there after all.

I wanted to be there but ????. next time.

I will show you a few places to drywash that has been good for me , so Brayden can get some color for his work.

Nice meteorites

Sawmill, Yeah he had a great time and is sore today :banged: . I think he overloaded the DW, several times, but it all worked out. And it was fun for him.

Rick, GB will always be there...take care and save your energy for Franconia :smrt1: .

Czyuma, GB meteorites seem like they are getting fewer and fewer, but then again, there is a lot of area to cover down there. The forum has some of the best hunters, helpers, and knowledgeable people around.

Jason :;):

Getting pretty consistent finding them "spacerocks" Jason. Nice specimens! :whoopie:

Aloha and see you out at Franconia next month.

Stan aka Kaimi

Nice finds again Jason! Sorry I couldn't make it out there the weather forecast predicted temperatures that were just a little bit to cold for my blood. Us So Cal people a wussies when it comes to weather that cold! :laught16:

How much dirt did you run through your drywasher?

Del

Stan, let's hope GB still keeps producing...as well as Franconia.

Del, the temps were real nice and almost didn't want to come home, but had other commitments to attend to. We ran about 5 plus buckets :hmmmmmm: :wink2: (but again probably not quite full, pretty much as full as I could get them until my son said that's good dad, let me do it...). He had a good time and so did I.

Jason :;):

(I'll probably have to do Franconia sometime other than that weekend, my anniversary on that Sat, so unless it changes in the future, gonna have to count me out...unless I get a kitchen pass....) :ziplip: :tisc-tisc: :grrr01:

Hi Jason,

Those are nice finds from Gold Basin. It's good to see you taking Brayden on your adventures. It really pays to start 'em young because you"re training the best hunting partner you'll ever have. You're also creating great memories that you can't put a price on. I hope to see you both out at Franconia sometime soon.

Ben