Nugget Shooter Forums

Just picked up my new detector!

Just picked my brand new White's GMT up from a local dealer down here in LA and I'm looking forward to firing it up a little bit this weekend. Now I have to learn it so if any of you guys have some tips I'd love to hear them. I think this is going to be a great machine! I still have to get the rest of the coils and they're coming in next week. I also have to get a cover for the stock coil, I assumed it came with it... guess that's what I get for assuming.

Del

post-890-1195686921_thumb.jpg

post-890-1195686953_thumb.jpg

post-890-1195686970_thumb.jpg

Del, due to somew personal things that came up I won't be at GB this weekend , much to my disappointment......you break that machine in right and pop it's cherry quick :laught16: ....

Luck to all of ya...............

Rick- yeah I heard from Stan you won't be able to make it. That's alright, we'll see you next month at the Franconia outing. It sounds like it's going to be pretty cold out there this weekend anyway so I might end up heading to Franconia instead.

Methunt- I've hunted with enough GMT guys to know how good these detectors are. Of course this machine won't be my main weapon of choice, however it will work great as a backup and when I drywash too.

Del

Methunt- I've hunted with enough GMT guys to know how good these detectors are. Of course this machine won't be my main weapon of choice, however it will work great as a backup and when I drywash too.

Del

Sorry Del if I sounded like { How to suck eggs } was just trying to help after reading your original post.

Good luck

Methunt.

Del, hold off on buying them extra coil because i just may be able to help out on a coil or two. Do what i did and you may end up with a free coil also.

I will try to call you later today on your cell phone.

Aloha, Stan aka Kaimi

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Stan!! got your PM. Went out yesterday for a couple of hrs and froze my tail off in the wind. I was hunting new county and gave that up. Hunted new areas today with no luck was nice with no wind this afternoon. Looks like the hawk is in the forcast for tomorrow and Sat with lows in the high 20's early morning with wind to 30mph. My daughter will be arriving on Sat morning so I will not be able to make the hunt. Save that package for another trip. Good luck this weekend

I see Del is thinking of Franconia possibly. Sometimes there is less wind at Franconia.

Del

Nice machine must feel like Christmas. Good luck this weekend.

Wayne :icon_mrgreen:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Took it out today and boy is the GMT a great machine. Birdshot comes through LOUD AND CLEAR, I had no problem picking it up. I still have to get used to some of the features on it. Overall I'm very impressed with the GMT so far. We'll see how it goes once I take it out to hunt some gold and meteorites.

I checked the weather forecast for the weekend in Gold Basin and thats a little to cold for me! I'll porbably head to Franconia instead.

Methunt, I didn't take what you said in offense, sorry if I came across a little harsh there.

Stan- yeah I didn't think about that until I picked up it up. By then it was to late because the deal was done. Give me a call tonight if ou can.

Erik- Of course you machines better, it's found you plenty meteorites! Mine's still a little to shiny and new for me.

Have a good weekend everyone, and for those of you heading to GB, godd luck!

Del

BRRRR! :WOW: Looks like this transplanted Hawaiian is not going to make it out to Gold Basin as planned. I remember last year at this time when I first ran into Del and his friend out there. They also bailed because of the cold wind coming from the Lake Mead area just north of the camp.

Am heading out to Franconia instead for a two day jaunt with Del. HMMMM! Hopefully will get that elusive 3rd piece before Del finds it with his new GMT. :hmmmmmm:

Wayne: Will definitely be hanging onto that little package I promised you and will make sure you get it soon.

All you other diehard GB hunters: Good Luck and hope you have them thermals handy this weekend. :WOW:

Aloha for now,

Stan aka Kaimi :ph34r2:

Stan and Del, good luck to ya both but you two had better leave me a crumb or 2 to find when I get ti hunt out there in Dec.... :laught16: .....Hope Del breaks in that GMT right :icon_mrgreen: and Stan ya got to find that 3rd piece....

I do need to find me a iron or 2 when I hunt there....

:luck: :luck: :mm: Happy hunting

My dad and I will be out at Franconia too.

Hopefully come home with some good material =]

PICT0011.jpg

P3190024.jpg

Here is a pick of me using the Gold Bug Origional i was talking about in another post.

notzi.jpg

I'll be with this dude

[Erik]