Nugget Shooter Forums

Meteorite video

Rick, I know, I was/am too. But this time was different for some reason. I took my time and figured, if I didn't find one, it was OK, there will always be another day/time( :Huh_anim]: :laught16: ). Jason :;):

Wow, Cool video J!

Nice finds too..

Back in the day we found many hundreds of Franconia meteorites, but I haven't been there in about 3 years. I'd probably get skunked today.....

Here is a video that Mike, Paul and I did at Gold Basin. They kicked my butt!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVjsUyqjicg...feature=related

Oh well, were heading to Glorieta this weekend and I'll get even.

Ruben

Ruben, I sure you will!!!! :innocent0002: And I don't think you would get skunked, I know your hunting style and persistence pays off. Also, I'm always up for an adventure.... :innocent0009:

Jason :;):

Jason,

:whoopie:

Very nice job on the video, what did you use to film it with? Those are some really nice finds, sure hope that your not contemplating whacking that larger one into. It looks to be a super specimen.

Jim

Jim, just using my trusty Kodak digital camera (DX 4530 Easyshare). It has been through a beating around in my pouch and still takes pretty good pics and video :smrt1: . As for the meteorites, no whacking on these :tisc-tisc: :Huh_anim]: . The small one has that nice ablation pit on the side of it, pretty deep and about the size of a dime. At first sight, I though it was missing a piece, and searched the area pretty good. But under closer look, I noticed it wasn't cracked or broken, but smooth and formed. The big one is pretty, a nice red/black and just looks good :cool04: . It does has a few little crumbs missing, but no complaints from me.

Hi gang, here is the video I made yesterday while hunting Franconia. Hope you all enjoy. Jason :;):

Very Will Done Jason:

Watched and enjoyed very much, Thanks for the Video and keep up the good work. Mike in Yuma

Hey J,

As you know I try to share everything with you guys, but Glorieta is a tough one to share.. Since it is all private property the land owners are very picky about who and how many I bring along. I've become pretty tight with them even staying in their cabin several times. They don't like too many at one time and I always have to call before hand and ask. Its a place that is so cool I just don't wanna mess it up. Even Paul Desilets whom I've known - and hunted with- for a while still hasn't been able to join me.....maybe this time he can.

But, I'm telling you never.......

we'll see what happens.................

Ruben

Nice job on the production Jayson. :whoopie:

Just may have to start doing some fimling also but once I get started I just dont want to take the time to unload the camera equipment.

Keep it up guy and see you out at GB.

Aloha, Stan aka Kaimi

there are 13 words you should never say,

14 if your a sailor.

i just said all 13 and attempted the 14th.

Jason, your a rock* star.

*rock meaning space rock*

[Erik]

Ruben, I knew what you meant. No worries. :innocent0002:

Roger, I'll get on that. The original I think I sent to Bill, but thought it went to you. But then again, it was from Afghanistan... :hmmmmmm:

Erik, I know you and your Dad have found quite a few down there, again, persistence pays off.

Stan, let's hope for the best for next week. My son wants to dry wash and detect, so we'll be doing some of both.

Nate, you just gotta get out there and do it. I've spent quite a few long days, searching high and low getting skunked, so don't think about, just do it. (I hope there's not a copyright infringement there...) :outtahere: :laught16: .

yeah.... you just crushed my total franconia finds with just one find....

i have like 80-100 fragments.

i have some really nice ones with alot of character tho.

everytime i find one its like i won the lottery. havn't felt that in months tho... :(

work, women, work, women.... AAAHHHhhhhhh.....

Me--> :shhhhh:

eventually me---> :slapped:

Tear up the field Jayray!

i just know when i get out there... its on!

[Erik]

Well I was debating on whether to go to Franconia or GB this weekend but it looks like GB for sure.

Erik: Looking forward to seeing you in action once again. I know you dad can find gold so how about you :hmmmmmm:

Jason: I ran across a couple of spots that were very promising for drywashing last week while out with Wayne. Let me know as I have the coords in my gps.

Del: DUDE! GAME ON! :innocent0009: Bring your GMT and lets have some fun :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: !

Wayne: Hope you can make it so you can watch Del and Me work the ground like a bunch of :ROFL::ROFL: !

Aloha till then,

Stan aka Kaimi

Stan, my have to take you up on the Dry washing coord's :hmmmmmm: . I haven't been in that frame of though since a few years back it seems. I guess we'll probably pick the first wash we come to and try that. Brayden's been wanting to use that DW since I got it for him in Sept :tisc-tisc: . So, looks like no better time than the present. Can't wait until Sat. Jason :;):

Hay John, Thanks! I'm still pretty stoked about it :woohoo: . I was really surprised to find a semi-big honker still out there :Huh_anim]: . After all the persistence of hunters like Goldman mike, Bassaltguru, Paul , Roger, Bill, yourself, and the countless others it was nice to capture one on video. It would have been nice to hunt the whole day, but other commitments prevailed. Next time...