Nugget Shooter Forums

Goldmaster II vs GMT

Hi, Does anyone know how much of adifference it's gonna be using a Goldmaster II after

using GMT going for meteorites and gold.......

Thanks

AZdigger:

Not sure about the II, I had a V-Sat befor this GMT and I like the GMT the Best for AU and Meteorite detecting. I hope to get to the Franconia Area from Yuma this next Long weekend. Will see how that goes. Mike in Yuma

Just keep in mind that the 14th , 15th and 16th of Dec. there will be an informal get together at Franconia.....everyone is welcome.....there is a thread in this forum about it......

I had a GMT and hope the GM2 will be a good machine too........

Hi, Does anyone know how much of adifference it's gonna be using a Goldmaster II after

using GMT going for meteorites and gold.......

Thanks

I've been using a GM 11 for many years & found that after I fitted it with a smaller 6 inch DD coil from Whites it worked much better in bad ground .

The old GM 11 is still a very good machine for gold & meteorites, its a keeper for sure !

MetHunt .

Thanks, I plan on hunting next weekend for gold and meteorites at Gold Basin

and then in Dec at Franconia for meteorites.

Hope it does like my old GMT did......could not afford a GMT right now.....

:icon_mrgreen: I read the Goldmasters are all on the same frequencys so that should help.

I will know when I get it in a few days......

Yep the Goldmasters are all 50Hz except the GMT at 48Hz , you will find that the GM 2 with signal on your hand when you wave it over the coil ( real sensitive ) what happening is, its seeing the salt .

Keep the gain down until you get used to it & ground balance often.

Good Luck..

Hi,

I've used them all! The GM 2 is not as good as the GMT but not bad for being 12 to 15 years old.

The GM2 AND VSAT don't have a 3x or 5x signal boost which is a bit of bad news. The GM3, GM4 and GMT are far superior with the GMT being the most sensitive. You are gonna wish you still had it I'm afraid.

Ruben

Hi,

I've used them all! The GM 2 is not as good as the GMT but not bad for being 12 to 15 years old.

The GM2 AND VSAT don't have a 3x or 5x signal boost which is a bit of bad news. The GM3, GM4 and GMT are far superior with the GMT being the most sensitive. You are gonna wish you still had it I'm afraid.

Ruben

Hi Ruben,

Im in PHX too, I saw your utube video and am interested in Meteor hunting can you tell me what detector you are using and what is a good buy for a newbie? I would love to maybe go on a hunt with you if possible. I am new to the prospecting industry, but am a fast learner. talk to you more later

Hi Rick and All

There are 2 different goldmaster 2 styles the early and later model . The early model had a 1/4 inch coil bolt and it had a 2 position spring toggle with SAT, P/P and reset. The Reset position was the springed position. We used to tape our detectors into the reset position . The later model goldmaster 2 came with the 3/8 inch coil bolt wand ( which you will need for all other types of coils or even standard coil replacements). The box had a 3 position toggle SAT , P/P and Xtra Grnd Salt. As the goldmaster series progressed there were several added features Variable SAT speeds( VSAT), variable frequency, 3X and 5X signal boost (the GM3 My favorite), Touch pads and displays ( GM4) and the auto tracking and target analasys (GMT). Rick some of the various features will enhance depth and target ID to some degree but all the coils made for these machines are interchangeable. I have found a crap load of gold and some meteorites with both models of the goldmaster 2 !! Way more gold and meteorites then I'll probably ever find with all of the big buck minelabs I've ever owned :angry-smiley-010: !! Happy Huntin John B.

Well I guess I go lucky in a way...I bought a GM II it got here and I could not get it to even find a railroad track that is in my yard...I sent it back for a refund.

I was hoping to find anither machine....looked on ebay and found an almost new

Goldmaster 4B for only 125.00 buy now......waiting for it to get here now.....

Untill I can afford another GMT I guess this will be close or at least do.......

:shrug: Awww Man, you mean after all that and now I gotto buy batteries too. :confused0013:

What else are ya gonna tell me, next thing you will say I got to dig my own targets too :icon_mrgreen: .

It had New ones in it......

Hope you get one by the time we all meet at Franconia for some :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: ! Two weeks and counting.

Aloha, Stan aka Kaimi

Stan if all goes right I should have the GM4B by a week from tomorrow(friday).....I am so looking forward to getting it.

I am ready for some slow,low hunting.....I gotto find me an iron to add to my collection, I realized I don't have one..... :icon_mrgreen: