Nugget Shooter Forums

Long day at Gold Basin today!

Just got back from a looooong day at Gold Basin hunting with Wayne. Man it sure is getting hard to find anything of size out there anymore.

Got me one piece 8.9 grams and another 17.9 grams and both were between 3 - 5 inches underground. Wayne got one piece but cant remember what his weighed. We started hunting about 7am and stopped at around 2pm.

Before we headed out we stopped at the intersection of Greggs Hideout and Pierce Ferry Road facing south and we spotted a couple of really nice meteors coming in from the East. Pretty good show for around 6am in the morning.

All in all we had a great time but it sure was a looooong day.

Had a great time Wayne and hope to see you out at Franconia where I know we can snag more than three pieces between us.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hi Stan

We sure covered some country as well yesterday. Long day for you with the time change and the drive as well. I think my piece is 6.9gms. At least no shunk for the day. Had a great time hunting with you and hope to do this more often. What a sight to see the display of meteors while in the field. Awesome way to start the day. :WOW: I saw a real dandy fireball a 2:02 am Az in the southern hem while pondering the hunt for the day. (Thanks Kelly for the info :whoopie: ) Looking forward to the next adventure.

Wayne :icon_mrgreen:

Congrats on your finds guys! I'm looking forward to getting me a few more GB meteorites in a couple weeks. See you guys then!

Del

BTW- I'm meeting up with a guy this weekend to sell him my Eureka Gold and if everything goes as planned I'll be getting me a brand new GMT next week.

Congrats on your finds guys! I'm looking forward to getting me a few more GB meteorites in a couple weeks. See you guys then!

Del

BTW- I'm meeting up with a guy this weekend to sell him my Eureka Gold and if everything goes as planned I'll be getting me a brand new GMT next week.

Okay, I normally charge for lessons BUT since you are such a good guy :innocent0009: , I will only ask for a bottle of wine at our next outing in Franconia. Learning curve for that puppy is soooo short you should be able to nail a bunch of meteorites that weekend for sure. If you want you can even use my Goldmax Sierra coil :laught16::laught16: !

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hi Stan, John Humphries and I (Jim Shorten) will be up at Franconia around the middle of December. I'm new at hunting but have been collecting for about 10 years. If we see you there, I'd like to come over and introduce myself to you and all. Would that be ok ??? Jim "Hawk"

Hi Stan, John Humphries and I (Jim Shorten) will be up at Franconia around the middle of December. I'm new at hunting but have been collecting for about 10 years. If we see you there, I'd like to come over and introduce myself to you and all. Would that be ok ??? Jim "Hawk"

Sent you a PM re: meeting up with me at Franconia.

See you then.

Aloha, Stan aka Kaimi