Nugget Shooter Forums

Playing hooky tomorrow (11/16/07)

Hi gang, looks like I'm playing hooky :innocent0009: tomorrow and gong to Franconia. Haven't been there since the end of Aug/Sept., so going to try my luck and see what I can "dig" up. I'll be on the N. side in a Silver F-150 w/NV. plates. Hope to see anyone out there and show where to find the big ones :laught16: . Jason :;):

Good luck Jason, but leave some for the December outing :laught16:

:luck: Have a good time but be careful.....got to wait untill I get another detector.....it's on the way.

:icon_mrgreen:

I wouldn't mind playing hooky also but if I did it would be to let my body rest from todays excursion out at Gold Basin. Man what a loooong day out there just for a couple of small pieces.

Good luck Jayson and hope you find a honker. But not my third piece! :innocent0009:

Hope you can make it out next month to the outing!

Jason

What do you suppose that 3rd piece is worth about now. :laught16::laught16: Don't tell Stan but I'd bet alot :laught16:

Wayne

GRRRRRRRR! :angry-smiley-010:

Dont even think about it guys! :Huh_anim]: Plus only Del knows the coords where I found them two pieces. :hmmmmmm: Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't give him lessons on his GMT until I find that third piece. :ROFL:

Aloha, Stan aka Kaimi :ph34r2:

Well, I'm back after about 5 hours of hunting and need to get a bigger scale...I found two pieces, the fist one is too big for the scale I got, so I'm going to get it weighed in a few minutes. The second piece is 63 gr. on the money. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get back. Jason :;):

Way to go Jason, it's about time you got a big 'un :bowdown: :yourock:

Hey Stan what did you think your 3rd piece weighs , hmmmmmmm

nice going Jason

Way to go Jason, it's about time you got a big 'un :bowdown: :yourock:

Hey Stan what did you think your 3rd piece weighs , hmmmmmmm

nice going Jason

I guesstimate it should be around 125 to 175 grams. But then again it may also be broken up into a couple of smaller pieces. Can hardly wait to see the pics from Jason.

Aloha, Stan aka Kaimi

Well, I'm back after about 5 hours of hunting and need to get a bigger scale...I found two pieces, the fist one is too big for the scale I got, so I'm going to get it weighed in a few minutes. The second piece is 63 gr. on the money. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get back. Jason :;):

Alright Jason! :woohoo:

Way to go buddy! :whoopie:

Just getting ready to Zoom out the door on the way to work so i will be looking forawrd to them pics. BTW, just how far North did you have to go to get the BIG one? :hmmmmmm:

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Alright, the results are in!!!!! The big one I found weighs in a 10.2 ounces or 289 grams. And the small one as stated before is 63 grams. Not too shabby for 5 hours of work. I was really shocked to find the big one, just sitting there waiting for me to pick it up...actually I'm still in shock. Enjoy the pics.

Stan, I was in an area where it seems no one has been in a while. Lots of .50 cals, wire and such.

Jason :;):

post-1008-1195258636_thumb.jpg

post-1008-1195258655_thumb.jpg

post-1008-1195258676_thumb.jpg

post-1008-1195258690_thumb.jpg

Hi gang, thanks for the replies!!! I was pretty happy to and still am :woohoo: . I also shot some video of the both of them and will be putting that on the air soon. It was a pretty beautiful day too, nice breeze, not too hot and perfect for hunting. Jason :;):

Those are some awesome specimens guy. :whoopie:

It sounds like you were nearby to an area I hunted previously. A LOT of 50 cal. laying everywhere. I even found a couple of live ones and marked them for later. No footprints or scuff marks in the area so i left. DUH!! :grrr01:

NOPE! Neither one matches my two pieces. Whew! :tisc-tisc:

But you were close tho. :outtahere:

Keep it up and we can compare pieces soon. Hope you bring them to GB next week and we can compare them. Yep, I will be there saturday and sunday as I just got my schedule.

See you at GB.

Aloha, Stan aka Kaimi

And here are two more of them both. Jason :;):

I'm just tring to POST a reply. I have been having problems with my NEWW E-Mail address update. Lets see what happens. Good Find and Hope to meet up with you guy's soon.

I got a pretty good collection of the wire....sure gets ya excited, then you can't find it :laught16:

but if nothing else it breaks up the day and gives ya something to do.

Mike, I'm sure you'll do pretty well out there too, you always have :innocent0009: . It must have been my attitude, I really had a good time. Almost got sucked into the familiar funnel :Huh_anim]: , but stayed true to my intentions and searched some new areas. The .50 cals were a good sign as well as the wire :tisc-tisc: , but not a whole lot this time. All in all a fun day. Going to try to make it to GB next weekend for the 1st Annual GB Turkey Trot outing. Looks like Rick is the lead dog on this one....always a blast when the forum members get together. Jason :;):

I was able to get out there sunday for about 7hr. Spent 5hr east of the strewn field and didn't find any thing(on the north side).

About to be skunked for the day, I went back into the known strewn field and found one.

A nice 72.6g different looking franconia. It just seem to look different than all the other franconia I have found.

What do you guys think?

Mike

post-1536-1195512534_thumb.jpg

post-1536-1195512649_thumb.jpg

post-1536-1195512758_thumb.jpg

Mike, that meteorite looks pretty :chowtime: . It has a nice deep red/black finish :woohoo: . Wayne was saying that the one I found might be different too, but it looked like the rest I have found down there. I'm guessing Jim needs to chime in and make the call.

Jason :;):

Hi Mike,

Nice Find! It doesn't look that different from a few of the ones I've found. Same color, lots of iron chunks showing on the surface like a chocolate-chip cookie, and nice regmaglypts. The crust shows a tad more weathering but, it's got a real nice shape and size. Congrats, Ben