Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Basin on friday

Yep, I am taking off for Gold Basin for a full days hunt. :icon_mrgreen: If anyone is in the area and they see an old fart in a blue jeep just stop on by and join me hunting for them GB rocks. :woohoo:

Wayne will be at the Star Country store setting up his dvd's for sale. They are under new ownership and hopefully things will turn for the better.

See y'all out there!

Aloha, Stan aka Kaimi

Dad blast it Stan, I was at Gold Basin today, just got back.........missed ya by one day....

Soon I will be able to hunt for me a Gold Basin space rock.... :icon_mrgreen:

Stan, good luck. I'll be out there on Monday or Tue. or Franconia, not sure just yet. Going out of town for the weekend with the family. Take care, Jason. :;):

Dont know next weeks schedule yet BUT if I have off either day:::: I will be there for sure :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: !

Aloha, Stan aka Kaimi

Just got back and boy what a dissapointment! :angry-smiley-010: $49.00 for gas, 6 1/2 hours of searching washes and small inclines and one 6.4 gram gb spacerock to show for it.

Oh well, I guess it is not how much I spent but the quality of time I spent out in the desert. :tisc-tisc: What a beautiful sunrise this morning as i was approaching Dolan Springs. It actually made the trip worthwhile. :woohoo:

Back to Franconia for me next trip and that elusive 3rd piece that is haunting my dreams! :bowdown:

BTW, Star Country store is selling their gas for $3.35 a gallon :WOW: so if you intend on making a long drive out there I would take a spare jerry can with gas.

Aloha for now,

Stan aka Kaimi

One is better than none buddy! At least your not coming back with the skunk on your back right? Unfortunately getting used to new places there's always a learning curve.

Hummmmmmm, maybe it's time to start using that Jimmy Sierra coil to cover more ground? :hmmmmmm: I told you I'll keep prodding you until you start to using it more often! Trust me, it WILL produce more for you because of the simple fact that it COVERS MORE GROUND.

$3.35 is cheap for gas! You should see the prices out here in Cali. We really get the shaft out here :hump9: , I'd be happy to pay $3.35 for a gallon of gas.

Glad to hear you came home with something Stan! Remember there's plenty more out there to find and don't let this trip discourage you.

Del

Hi Stan - Well, at least you didn't zip. :cool04: I spent the day out there Tuesday, came back with a 9.6 gm. I did get my DVD's in Dolan Station formerly Star Country Market. Spent the morning with the new owners and they say they will lower the price of gas to 10 cents more than the Kingman price. Which will be a welcome relief. It will take effect when they put their new pumps in. Sure will make it easier on all of us. Really wanted to hunt with you today but I had to take care of some business as you know. Will try and hit the field and find some new country. Let me know when you're ready to rock & roll. Had a bottle of wine chilled but you didn't show and it's gone now! :laught16::laught16:

Wayne :icon_mrgreen: :escape:

Hi All, Stan at least ya got one, Wayne and Stan and Del, I am going to send payment for my Gold Bug

Late Sunday evening /early Monday morning and it should be here soon, only coming from Washington State......

The one that was posted in my Gold Bug advice Thread is the one I am getting...has 3 coils, even a little 5 inch round one......

Hope with all the info I have gotten on set up for gold bugs I can get me a franconia iron and then even a gold basin chondrite...........I should have it for the thanksgiving weekend outing.

See ya in the field one of these days.

Oh yeah Stan I did get some gold with the drywasher :laught16:

One is better than none buddy! At least your not coming back with the skunk on your back right? Unfortunately getting used to new places there's always a learning curve.

Hummmmmmm, maybe it's time to start using that Jimmy Sierra coil to cover more ground? :hmmmmmm: I told you I'll keep prodding you until you start to using it more often! Trust me, it WILL produce more for you because of the simple fact that it COVERS MORE GROUND.

$3.35 is cheap for gas! You should see the prices out here in Cali. We really get the shaft out here :hump9: , I'd be happy to pay $3.35 for a gallon of gas.

Glad to hear you came home with something Stan! Remember there's plenty more out there to find and don't let this trip discourage you.

Del

DUH! :Huh_anim]: I used the goldmax exclusively this trip and I REALLY worked the ground slow and low. I tried about four different settings and still was getting a LOT of interference from the minerals in the area. :angry-smiley-010: The small piece i found was a faint whisper and it was about 7 inches down. Yeah, I got the depth but at a price this weekend. :grrr01: :grrr01:

Back to the drawing board for me.

BTW, I just found out I have wed/thursday off and may take off to Franconia one of those days. :woohoo: And yes i will be using the goldmax again :hmmmmmm: BUT I will also be packing in my stock DD coil as a backup. :ph34r2: Just in case!!

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi :innocent0002:

Hi Stan - Well, at least you didn't zip. :cool04: I spent the day out there Tuesday, came back with a 9.6 gm. I did get my DVD's in Dolan Station formerly Star Country Market. Spent the morning with the new owners and they say they will lower the price of gas to 10 cents more than the Kingman price. Which will be a welcome relief. It will take effect when they put their new pumps in. Sure will make it easier on all of us. Really wanted to hunt with you today but I had to take care of some business as you know. Will try and hit the field and find some new country. Let me know when you're ready to rock & roll. Had a bottle of wine chilled but you didn't show and it's gone now! :laught16::laught16:

Wayne :icon_mrgreen: :escape:

Sorry for not stopping by BUT I was running a little late for a dinner that I am just about to attend. Mahalo for the offer anyway. Maybe next trip.

Aloha and good luck on the dvd sales,

Stan aka Kaimi

DUH! :Huh_anim]: I used the goldmax exclusively this trip and I REALLY worked the ground slow and low. I tried about four different settings and still was getting a LOT of interference from the minerals in the area. :angry-smiley-010: The small piece i found was a faint whisper and it was about 7 inches down. Yeah, I got the depth but at a price this weekend. :grrr01: :grrr01:

Back to the drawing board for me.

BTW, I just found out I have wed/thursday off and may take off to Franconia one of those days. :woohoo: And yes i will be using the goldmax again :hmmmmmm: BUT I will also be packing in my stock DD coil as a backup. :ph34r2: Just in case!!

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi :innocent0002:

Uhhhhh Stan...... a 6.4 grammer at 7 inches is pretty darn good! :WOW: You should be proud because this is an accomplishment in itself! If your picking up chondrites this small at that depth you can be assured if anything goes under your coil you'll hear it. Apparently your doing something right with it!

Just keep at it and before you'll know it you'll be using that coil all the time!

I say congrats to you Stan for that find! I know it's not a honker but whether you realise it or not that find is a milestone. Way to go! :whoopie:

Del

Uhhhhh Stan...... a 6.4 grammer at 7 inches is pretty darn good! :WOW: You should be proud because this is an accomplishment in itself! If your picking up chondrites this small at that depth you can be assured if anything goes under your coil you'll hear it. Apparently your doing something right with it!

Just keep at it and before you'll know it you'll be using that coil all the time!

I say congrats to you Stan for that find! I know it's not a honker but whether you realise it or not that find is a milestone. Way to go! :whoopie:

Del

Del,

6.4 grammer at 7 inches, :hmmmmmm: ........ :postdigger: You suppose that just maybe he got that faint signal and could not pinpoint it with that huge Gold Max, he then dug a 7" hole and it fell off the lip into the hole and walla. :Huh_anim]: :innocent0009: :;):

I think he just might be getting close to trusting that fantastic coil.

Jim

So Stan............you found a 6.4 grammer at 7 inches with the Sierra Goldmax coil?? TOLD YOU SO!!!! Neener, neener, neener!!!! Ben

Okay, you guys win! :innocent0009: I will be using the Goldmax coil the next time out for sure. BUT, them little signals were driving me :grrr01: . They sound almost like a Franconian iron but they were in fact little pieces of magnetite and man were there a LOT of them in the area.

As far as not being able to pinpoint my little guy with the big coil Jim may have a point. But it was down deep and I almost gave up the search until my new digging tool made a distinctive "BING" when it attached itself to the magnet. HMMM, it could have just been dropping into the hole from the start, who knows. Will know the next time I go out there. :hmmmmmm:

Aloha for now,

Stan aka Kaimi

if you run on the settings i gave you then just listen to the tone,

the loudness of the tone doesn't mean anything to me

the high pitched tone is money in the bank

and the low pitched tone means you have some quality landscaping rock.

[Erik]

Okay, you guys win! :innocent0009: I will be using the Goldmax coil the next time out for sure. BUT, them little signals were driving me :grrr01: . They sound almost like a Franconian iron but they were in fact little pieces of magnetite and man were there a LOT of them in the area.

As far as not being able to pinpoint my little guy with the big coil Jim may have a point. But it was down deep and I almost gave up the search until my new digging tool made a distinctive "BING" when it attached itself to the magnet. HMMM, it could have just been dropping into the hole from the start, who knows. Will know the next time I go out there. :hmmmmmm:

Aloha for now,

Stan aka Kaimi

Stan,

:laught16: :raspberry: ...........Was just yanking your chain, that Jim-Sierra GM-coil will hit them that deep and like Erik said, ya just gotta get accustomed to the crispness of the signal. Your iron I.D. is also a good asset to have for identifying those sweet targets. Remember to adjust your SAT speed over a small chondrite and you will not be getting so confused between a meteorite signal and a hot rock. Remember that you can vary the SAT speed and smooth out some of the ground noise.

:unsure: :zapped:

Jim

I really appreciate all the responses regarding my sierra goldmax coil. :bowdown:

I will be practicing a LOT over the next couple of days in the backyard horseshoe pit. If I only could have brough back about a hundred pounds of gold basin soil it may have been better. :laught16:

I received so much info I may have forgotten some of the settings given to me by a lot of you guys. But, I will just have to play it by ear. No that was not a pun!! :innocent0009:

Back to the drawing board for now and hope the next time I meet up with you guys at either Franconia or Gold Basin I will be able to show off some new finds.

Mahalo and Aloha for your help,

Stan aka Kaimi :ph34r2: