Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

czyuma

? ? ? Going to Franconia ? ? ?

I'm going to Franconia this Weekend, and the wife cna't make it with me. She wants me to be safe and always hunt with someone since I'm blind and can't type on this forum. Post a note so I can show her I'll be safe and not get hurt.

Mike in Yuma

Mike, if you are blind how do hunt for meteorites? How do you hike around? How do you "see" what you are stepping on or about to reach into? Nugget hunting and meteorite hunting are way different than coin-hunting in a city park. I doubt you want these questions asked but good-sense has its place.

Fred

Mike, if you are blind how do hunt for meteorites? How do you hike around? How do you "see" what you are stepping on or about to reach into? Nugget hunting and meteorite hunting are way different than coin-hunting in a city park. I doubt you want these questions asked but good-sense has its place.

Fred

Fred:

I'm sorry if you got the Idea I was BLIND. I say that because my wife thinks because I'm 63 years old I can't go metal detecting by myself and not get hurt or bitten by a snake and die all alone in the desert. Nugget hunting and meteorite hunting are very demanding on the body and it's good to have some one in the area in case of trouble. I'm going this weekend and just wanted to know if some one else was going to be in the area. Check out my WEB site if you want. http://www.myspace.com/yumamike

Just turned 61 myself but being that age should mean you have a little more life experience and more common sense. DUH!! I have been hiking and hunting myself for years and usually just some common sense goes a loooooog way in itself.

BTW, Franconia is NOT like going out in the wilderness where there is a lot of wldlife. Unless you count the nights I spend out there with friends! :innocent0009:

I would meet you out there but I already made plans to go out to Gold Basin in the morning to check out some coords given to me. Man I would have loved to go out there and search for that "third piece".

I understand that there should be a couple of guys out there camping anyway so keep an eye out for two newbies to the area.

Aloha and good luck hunting,

Stan aka Kaimi

Just turned 61 myself but being that age should mean you have a little more life experience and more common sense. DUH!! I have been hiking and hunting myself for years and usually just some common sense goes a loooooog way in itself.

BTW, Franconia is NOT like going out in the wilderness where there is a lot of wldlife. Unless you count the nights I spend out there with friends! :innocent0009:

I would meet you out there but I already made plans to go out to Gold Basin in the morning to check out some coords given to me. Man I would have loved to go out there and search for that "third piece".

I understand that there should be a couple of guys out there camping anyway so keep an eye out for two newbies to the area.

Aloha and good luck hunting,

Stan aka Kaimi

Kaimi:

I have a friend named California Bob, ClaimJumper Bob, who lives there in the summer and down here in the winter. Look him up if you can? Say HI for me and ask him when he is coming down to Yuma this year. Mike in Yuma

Fred:

I'm sorry if you got the Idea I was BLIND. I say that because my wife thinks because I'm 63 years old I can't go metal detecting by myself and not get hurt or bitten by a snake and die all alone in the desert. Nugget hunting and meteorite hunting are very demanding on the body and it's good to have some one in the area in case of trouble. I'm going this weekend and just wanted to know if some one else was going to be in the area. Check out my WEB site if you want. http://www.myspace.com/yumamike

My Nortons anti-virus detected a worm in your link >>>>>>>>>>>

Jim

Sorry, The written word is difficult...as I ocassionally get brutally reminded...now that I understand...I go alone all the time and never have had a real problem...if you have experience out-of-doors you should be fine...yes, a partner is good but as H D Throueau (sp) said....he who travels alone travels fastest...and I might add, leaves when he wants and goes where he pleases...

yes, you could get bitten, break a leg, drop dead or be taken up by aliens...to live is to risk...

Fred

that virus is mild, its a myspace tracker, the only thing it does is steal your myspace password.

i hate those [*~*]

that virus is mild, its a myspace tracker, the only thing it does is steal your myspace password.

i hate those [*~*]

Erik,

I am glad to hear that, I clicked on the link again and got the same message from Nortons. I figured that it was a fairly harmless one, but on the other hand, I hate any worms, virus, etc.

Mike sent me a PM about the virus, he stated that I was the first to mention a problem with his link.

I tried to PM him back and his PM capability is disabled..............

Jim