Nugget Shooter Forums

Franconia in Dec.

Hey Bill, any chance of setting a date for a Dec outing at Franconia.

If there is no official outing I would be willing to just do an informal outing on the weekend of

14th,15th and 16th of Dec........

Lots of interest as is with any OUTING........ :icon_mrgreen:

:feedback: :woohoo:

I'm in and I know you can count on Del to be there also. :whoopie:

If you bring the chili I will work on cooking up some steaks and lobster meat to be passed around again like last year.

Aloha and waiting to hear the outcome,

Stan aka Kaimi

I'm in and I know you can count on Del to be there also. :whoopie:

If you bring the chili I will work on cooking up some steaks and lobster meat to be passed around again like last year.

Aloha and waiting to hear the outcome,

Stan aka Kaimi

Yep your right with that Stan, count me in! It just depends on what my school schedule looks like. You know..... we don't have to wait for any "outing", I'm always open on the weekend (again, depending on school) and I'm always down to head out to Franconia and hunt.

Del

OK, planning the chili now but will wait until the 13th to fix it so it is fresh.......we will see how many

are going to show so I will know how much to make :laught16:

Hmmm, wonder if chili helps chase the :skunkkitty2: away......

guess we will find out :laught16:

Hi All,

Well, I for one am certainly interested! Although I had planned on being at the get-together in Oct., there was an urgent situation that came up keeping me from participating.

Is there any word on whether or not it’s a GO? Also, confirmed dates?

More than likely, I will be towing my 24’ enclosed race-trailer, so I will be able to bring a rather decent amount of fire-wood to keep us warm and well lit during the evening BS sessions…… :whoopie:

I am a rather newbie to the group here and have yet to meet anyone in person, but I am looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible, and if there is anything I can do to help get this going, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Dave (LunarMan)

Hey Bill, any chance of setting a date for a Dec outing at Franconia.

If there is no official outing I would be willing to just do an informal outing on the weekend of

14th,15th and 16th of Dec........

Lots of interest as is with any OUTING........ :icon_mrgreen:

:feedback: :woohoo:

Well, I would like to have Bill's Blessing on this but I am going to be there on the 14th,15th

and 16th of Dec. I will be camped at our regular place.

Anyone else is very welcome to attend.

As it is right now it could be called an INFORMAL OUTING, but anyone is welcome. We have had

a couple of these and they turned out great.

I will have a pot of Chili for Friday night anyone can bring something else to add if they wish.

Not sure about Saturday evening meal....what does everyone want to do....

This is not my outing , it is our outing so let talk and see what goes.........

:icon_mrgreen: :coffeetime: :bs: :sign: :chowtime: :mm:

What more can ya ask for, good fun,talk and food......

I already put in for the time off and plan to be there regardless. So if anyone plans on being there they should let us know so we can plan accordingly. I plan on bringing a few steaks :innocent0009: and some lobster meat like the last time to cut up and pass around during the night time BS session.

This would me a great time for some newbies to the area to hook up with a few folk who frequent Franconia a LOT and discuss how,where and what to bring to hunt for them elusive meteorites. Believe it or not, there are still some nice specimens to be found if you just take the time to do a lot of :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: along with a lot of walking.

Hopefully the weather Gods will cooperate :bowdown: :bowdown: and provide us with some great weather and NO winds :WOW: like the Gold Basin outing.

Looking forward to meeting up with old friends and also to meeting some new faces.

Aloha for now,

Stan aka Kaimi

PS: Firewood is a premium as there are NO trees to mention BUT I believe that push come to shove there are a LOT of dead trees on the north side of I40 in the wash area that can be used. I will also be bringing a load.

Hay guys gessing ill have to come up there somome post a how to dir to get there and the newbie nate wil lshow up ; and do soem of thsi with my new 14' cole :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Directions to the Franconia get together Dec. 14-16 is as follows so get your gps out or your pen/pencil for notes:

Exit 9 off I40 is the Pilot gas truck stop located at: N34 43.703 W114 18.954

Go east to Exit 13 just down the road to "Franconia Road" at: N34 43.975 W114 15.738

Go right off the pavement and uphill on the dirt road to the campsite at: N34 42.730 W114 14.110

You can drive just about any vehicle to the campsite as long as it is NOT a "lowrider".

Hope these directions help anyone out and if you still need more detailed diections I would suggest you let us know when you are going to arrive and we can meet at the exit. I may just put up a couple of signs also.

Aloha for now,

Stan aka Kaimi

I have even seen an Eclipse at the camp site Hmmmmm :laught16:

Not the Moon but Dels Mitsubishi Eclipse and man was it low :innocent0009: but he managed it out there anyway.

So if he can do it, so can anyone else. But of course the two of us are a little hardcore metal detectors and just love to do some :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: out at Franconia.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hope these dates work out. Will be commuting from Laughlin, and sure don't want to miss out

on the chili and lobster. --Perry--

Got you down for a seat at the "Franconia Cafe" on that date. :coffeetime: No need to RSVP but you will need to bring your own seat as seating is limited. :laught16:

Can hardly wait for this one to happen. Hope to find my "third piece" on this outing. :woohoo:

Aloha for now,

Stan aka Kaimi :ph34r2:

I have a Christmas party ( wifes boss ) on the 14th but I think I can escape and come down Saturday and spend the night. You guys will have to let me hear one of the frankie rocks with my detector so I know what to listen for so make sure someone brings one down. Was planing on gold basin this weekend but forgot about veterans day so might not make it.

:hmmmmmm:

Looks like I might have to knock some dust off the detectors and join in, Lobster, beer and a good hot camp fire is mighty inviting.

Lve2fsh,

If I can shake loose for this one, do not worry about something to tune your ears 2, I will bring a few and even give you a piece for a throw down.

Jim

ooo i wanna go!

might have to go christmas shopping [*~*]

i haven't used my new sierra goldmax coil yet!

and last time i had to use the 4"X6" coil.

i covered about 25 square feet in 2 days lol.

but i still found stuff!

Hope i can make it out there with you guys

Del, remember those unexploded ordinances at franconia?

check out this one lol

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=...ideoid=21278601

[Erik]

Got three pounds of lobster meat in the freezer ready for the outing. :woohoo:

Will probably bring a couple of nice size sirloin steaks and cut them up into "pupu" size pieces to hand around the campfire.

Beer? Sorry, I am allergic to beer BUT you guys can drink as much as you want. I will be bringing a couple of bottles of some nice wine for myself tho. :whoopie:

Erik, you get a Pepsi! :rofl2:

Aloha and am also counting the days.

Stan aka Kaimi

So, it looks like only a few die hards will be attending this informal get together. :innocent0009:

Hmm, I guess it just means "more for the few of us guys to find". :ROFL:

No matter, I intend to be there no matter what. So bring your appetites and eating utensils. :woohoo:

Aloha till then,

Stan aka Kaimi

Got me a Whites to hunt with....not a GMT but still a GoldMaster II and that means ZIP ZIP

:laught16: :icon_mrgreen:

Counting the days and have not got past the Turkey Trot at Gold Basin :woohoo: :xmas-smiley-031: can't wait, love these small outings/get togethers..........