Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROGERD

New Meteorite Discovery

Roger and John B -

Next time you guys are going to go out and hunt meteorites on the dry lake playa, let me know and I'll go out an sprinke slag all over the dry lakes in front of you! :tisc-tisc:

Just tryin' to help! :laught16:

Congrats on your finds guys.

Chris

Roger and John B. what a nice find. Looks like the Meteorite Express took you guys to the right place. Put Pink seat covers on the Meteorite Express to go with your PINK sandles Roger then you will become famous like John B.

Harry

Hi All

Chris somebody beat you to the punch theres iron ore allover the drylake :angry-smiley-010: !! Well there used to be most of it I hauled home :Huh_anim]: ?? For my old age I'll sit around a smelt chevrolet trucks and golf carts outa the stuff in between polishing my nuggets , real spacerocks and Beauty sleep (naps :zzzzz: ) :shrug: !! Roger your just lucky I left when I did or it would have taken you 2 months to catch up to my totals :hmmmmmm: :laught16::laught16: !! Happy Huntin John B.

Hey John - you can shine that hematite up and make jewelry, too.

Theres a whole boat load of dry lakes up here, someday, maybe we'll do a tour of them. Believe it or not, 2500 years ago, most of northern Nevada was a big lake. Many of the mountain ranges were actually islands.

A bunch of them have basalt chunks out on them also, I'd guess that makes meteorite spotting a little difficult as well.

Chris