Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROGERD

New Meteorite Discovery

Here is a little conversation piece for you meteorite fans! :icon_mrgreen: Here is a picture of the largest stone (375.7 grams) I discovered on a hunting trip in Nevada with JohnB. After researching :coffeetime: for classified meteorites in the area, we believe it is a new find. There is a possibility of a second I also found, but may be part of this one. Will be having it classified also. In either case the guys doing the classification will decide.

John said it was the "HEMI"...................I said it was my skill and good looks. :laught16: Either way, it was fun kicking JohnB's butt. :laught16::ROFL: :rofl2:

Nice find Roger, have you been hunting lake beds recently?

Del

Hi Roger and All

Trust me Roger :hmmmmmm: !! It was the Hemi :woohoo: !!!! Your well on your way to be famous just like me :bowdown: ?? I'm real proud :whoopie: !! Happy Huntin John B.

Hey JB,

If I'm going to be famous like you, does that mean my picture will be in all post offices in the US and Oman. :laught16::ROFL:

Hi Roger, Congratulations on your Nevada find persistance paid off. Bob

Roger, if you want to be like Mr B you will have to get a lacy pink thong and heels to match...very nice metorite!!!

Fred

Fred

Ain't wearin "no pink anything". :angry-smiley-010: And I'm built wrong for thongs! :Huh_anim]:

Del................Hunt anywhere.......any time ! Sometimes they are dam neart in your own back yard if you just look :ROFL:

Thanks Mike...Bob

Nice Job Roger! It's good to see that this forum is growing up and is more than the "franconia meteorite hunters association."

As my friend Sonny always say's "they're out there, just gotta find them" I'm sure you had a great time hanging out with John too!!

some places are easier to hunt.

like the roof tops of a chicago suburb. =\

that meteorite is gorgeous!

[Erik]

Good work guys. Are you sure that isn't Fossett?

Hi Roger,

I also looked all over the web for info for you guys and couldn't find anything about #$%^& *&^%$#** :innocent0009: Very nice my friend and JB was kind enough to stop by on his way home and show off a little.

Hey how bout them Diamondbacks!

Bill

Thanks gentlemen.............

Hunting meteorites is an aquired addition. I believe it's as bad as gold fever, at least for me. The company ain't to bad either. :icon_mrgreen:

JohnB :cigar: and I had a great time pokin rocks :poke: and tellin' tales. New trips and new hunting grounds are already in the works. :icon_mrgreen:

I'll get some more pictures up as soon as I get the chance ................... we also have some movies.

Thanks Again

Go DBACKS

Nice discovery there guy. Too bad your gps is out of wack because I cant read the coords. :innocent0009:

Keep it up and see if there are other pieces out there.

Aloha,Kaimi aka Stan

:woohoo: That is a nice little trophy you found there. :bowdown:

Roger,

WTG........... :wubu: That is a very nice spiec :WOW: . How did JB do? Did you completely kick his a@@ or did he find a dink or 2 :laught16::laught16: ?

Ol'29er :banged: :eee: :miner:

Hi 29er and All

I held my own and probably whipped Roger in weight but I think he had his finger on the scales weightin his finds :Huh_anim]: . But it's his find and he's doin the mappin loggin thingy :tisc-tisc: !! Hey Roger are you talkin about my thong movie :confused0013: ?? I want big royalties for showin it :hmmmmmm: !! I should post pix of my finds but Roger gets all cranky :shrug: !! Hey Roger you should try pink it would go real good with your baby blue beady eyes and baby blue lumber wagon :laught16: !! Maybe you should paint you golf cartomobile to match ?? :idea: Happy Huntin John B.

WTG on the new finds. Roger, U hang around with that John B. and he will make you world famous. Just don`t go to Oman with him.......... :Huh_anim]:

Glad to hear that your trip was a successful one.

Jim

Hey how bout them Diamondbacks!

Bill

St Louis didn't even make it to the playoffs this year. :grrr01: :PO2: Am hoping to see Arizona and Cleveland in the WS.

Nice find by the way. ☺ Hope it turns out to be an uncommon chondrite.

Steve

Sorry John :Huh_anim]:

My total was 1082.2 grams and yours was 983.7. So that means I kicked your butt :WOW: by about 100 grams. I WIN!!! :ROFL: :woohoo:

Hi Roger

OK OK :innocent0009: !! But it took you an extra week on your own to catch me :hmmmmmm: !!! I think it's that slow golfcartomobile with the dusty windshield that's slowin you down :laught16: ???? Besides I wouldn't exactly call that an ass kickin :Huh_anim]: ?? I'm tickled I got some nice and not so nice new material :coffeetime: !! Happy Huntin John B.

I would have hunted a month just to "kick your butt" !!!!! :laught16::laught16: Besides half of everything you found was in one hole!!! 8 pieces !!!! How lucky was that!!! :ROFL: :whoopie:

Just keep eatin' your cardboard and you will be as fast and handsom as this old guy someday...... :WOW::ROFL::laught16: :Huh_anim]:

And by the way I've renamed the Ranger.........I call it the Meteorite Express !!! :laught16: :Huh_anim]: :icon_mrgreen:

Great finds Roger and John B. :whoopie: :bowdown: I should have stayed in Rye Patch just to help you carry that stuff. Hope to see you next week. Perry