Nugget Shooter Forums

Here is a pic of 3 gold Basin meteorites insitu.

They all fit together whcih was a first find for me like that, neat stuff.

Can you find them?

I will point them out in a pic in a couple of days

Just thought it would be fun

Mike

post-1536-1191444901_thumb.jpg

From the larger rock in the middle of the pic : #1 6 o'clock 3in or so down color: brown #2 9 o'clock almost to edge of pic color: brown #3 smaller just above center rock 12 o'clock color:brown.

Thought this might get others to guess, having never been to gold basin, and never one in the raw,I'm guessing like heck.

Wyndham

I took a crack at it, check out the attachment. I circled them in red, so it's kinda hard to see. I'll bet the kid (basaltgooroo) will nail it.

Del

Del, I picked the same ones...now to see if my eyes work at all.....wonder how many carrots ya have to eat to be able to spot them so good..... :laught16: :icon_mrgreen:

i can't see them [ -_-]

JK!

yeah i was going to circle them in red but i saw that you

had already done it [ >.<]

Mike- So is this what the desert pavement looks like out at Gold Basin? Is this what you should be hunting out there?

Rick- The last time I had an eye exam (13 years ago), I was told I had pilots eyes. The guy that examined me told me I had 20-15 vision (whatever this means). I definately think that isn't the case anymore. I've noticed when I try to hunt dry lake beds after about a ten foot radius it's hard for me to focus on small objects. So I'm thinking I might be a little near sided. I've just been in denial about it and a little stubborn about getting them checked out.

Another thing Rick- I'll shoot you a PM sometime soon so we can meet before the outing. I'm planning on taking the 18th and 19th off from work so I can get at least one day in at Franconia before I head to GB.

Thanks for verifying this for me Erik!

Del

Hey Del I picked the 2 top and bottom of the center rock, didn't see the one you got in the upper rt .

Interesting stuff. BTW you have to click enlarge on the attachment to get it big enough to see the red circles Wyndham

Well 20-30 % of men have alternative color vision which makes seeing your red circles very difficult...I think yellow or better yet international orange would be visible to all except those with alsolutely no color vision.........

I think one at 6'clock and two between 8 and 9 o'clock...........

Fred

Alright then, how about this one? This time I used thick green lines, so maybe some color blind people won't be to view it (just look for the thick white lines). Either way, I think it still conveys the point.

Del