Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MobileHolmes

Nov 2 Gold Basin

Hi all

I was on a mission for gold today and will have to pan my buckets to see what I can get in my poke. :confused0013: I did run across this 22.9 meteorite nuggy in the process. 2 pieces a foot apart in someone's screamer kick outs. Must have been one of those darn P.I. machines. :laught16::laught16: Thank you! :laught16: Been waiting for posts to see how everybody did in Franconia and GB this past week end but no posts. Talk about traffic today in GB. There going to need a traffic cop out there if that place gets any busier. :laught16::laught16: Quite a mob out there today.

Good Hunting

Wayne :icon_mrgreen: :escape:

post-1528-1191366916_thumb.jpg

Nice haul again Wayne!

Buckets..... are you drywashing now or what? Has the the gold bug bitten you now?

Yeah I'm waiting for some posts too, so get 'em up people!

Del

Thanks Del

I dug some really deep black sand to bedrock today :postdigger: and will pan it to see what it looks like. That's all I have to check out at this time. And, yeah, where are all the posts? :feedback: I need my fix for the day.

Wayne :icon_mrgreen:

thats just amazing when you find 2 peices that fit together.

[Erik]

Hi Erik

Isn't that wierd? Don't be afraid to try your pieces that are 50 yards apart because I'm finding out pieces fit! What a puzzle going on out there. When a bunch of us go out to the field, we try all our pieces for a couple of hours. And, bingo, sometimes they are a match. Then, the fight, over who gets the pieces and who found what first. Always fun!

im going to be running with my 4"X6" coil for the outing

cause my Sierra Goldmax for my GMT is not working

and the only coil i have for it now is the 4" by 6" coil.

frustraiting lol.

ill probaby just hunt by eye and pick up the 1-20 gram stones on the surface.

if im lucky enough to be in an area with a few left

[Erik]

Erik

There will always be a few on the surface but they are getting harder to find. Use your other coil as you may have noticed Mikes came deep on the 200gramer. All my larger pieces are coming 3+ inches deep.

Wayne

i dont have anymore coils.

my DD broke about a year ago

and my Sierra Goldmax broke last weekend

[Erik]

Erik

I saved my coil for a month by drilling a hole in the tip of the coil at the front and the end. The end is to vent and the front would be to add epoxy. I have no idea what your problem is unless it's like mine, banging too many rocks. Just barely penetrate the coil or you will hit the wires inside. If it's only loose, which you will know if you shake it in the air, this will tell you if it's loose inside. You can try this. It's only a quick fix. Worked for me for a while until my new one came. Make sure it's dry and vented before you seal both the holes with silicone. Just an idea.

Wayne

Hi wayne,

How big do you drill the holes and how far from the ends?

and how do you get the epoxy in there?

thanx

[Erik]

Erik

The front 1/2 inch and back 1/2 inch of the front and the rear tips of the eliptical have to be drilled but only through the skin of the plastic. If you drill an 1/8 inch in you will hit the coil wires inside and it's all over! So be very careful! I pushed the epoxy in with a surenge and let it sit for 24 hours. Then seal up both holes with silicone but make sure you think it's dry inside before doing this. Hopefully this will make sense. If not, email me and will try to explain further. This was given to me by one of the best engineers in the business and it did work for a while.

Wayne

WOW, it sounds like the goldmax sierra coil might actually work better at GB. How about I use it in the morning and Erik can use it in the afternoon. But of course I will have to get a percentage of his finds. :innocent0009: :laught16: Or you can use my DD while I putz around with the monster coil. I have used the goldmax coil only a couple times and am still not happy with it. Probably not setting up my GMT correct for it tho. Going to have to pick someones brain on that one for sure.

Okay guys, how come everyone is at GB now. I am not complaining because it just means that there is more space for me to cover. :icon_mrgreen:

Franconia was gorgeous today. Wind picked up a little at around 2pm but other than that I was the only one out there. I looked but saw no one else for miles. Unless you guys are wearing some great camo! :Huh_anim]:

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Sorry but i have school durring the week

and pops has work.

[Erik]

Hi Stan

GB is very quiet compared to Franconia north. Yes, you can probably use a big coil with good success. The real answer lies with Paleface Jim who can advise you with the best answers to your questions. He is "the Man" with the GMT! As far as the split, I want part of the bet to see who does what! Can we get some odds going here? I think the real reason everyone is in GB is because of the up coming outing and maybe because of some other club outings. I'm there because I am only about 17 miles from there. Can't wait for the hunt.

With Erik and his dad showing up at GB, I would be afraid to make a bet. Plus Paleface (Jim) probably has that whole area wired anyway.

Aloha, Stan aka Kaimi

Hey Stan

What would you bet that my $50 bounty hunter would beat all other detectors in the field for a coin hunt. Given the right path my machine has whipped the best in club hunts. Its almost a joke. A $50 gold piece a silver and other coins won in a single event. This is not the first time and it won't be the last. The most scientific machines are the worst to program for a hunt. Looking forward to the hunt and hope to see a bounty hunter detector( beat all).

Wayne

post-1528-1191383645_thumb.jpg

Erik,

John B. had a quick fix for the Gold Max that was on this forum for a long time. It was on the main web site in the Articles section. I have not seen it lately. You might be able to get some information from him as to a quick fix if yours is fix-able.

That makes 2 good coils that you have put the kabosh on, you must be beating the ground and rocks to death. That little 6" coil won't last long because you are having to swing twice as fast to cover half as much ground as the DD or Gold Max.

:hmmmmmm: I will loan you a Gold Max at GB if you promise not to dent it............ :;):

Jim

Hey Stan

What would you bet that my $50 bounty hunter would beat all other detectors in the field for a coin hunt. Given the right path my machine has whipped the best in club hunts. Its almost a joke. A $50 gold piece a silver and other coins won in a single event. This is not the first time and it won't be the last. The most scientific machines are the worst to program for a hunt. Looking forward to the hunt and hope to see a bounty hunter detector( beat all).

Wayne

You know Wayne, I think anybody betting on this would be forking you over $50. I think this is a very good example of somebody who knows how to "effectively" use metal detectors.

I like to think it's 25% detector and 75% operator.

Del

Jim,

I think it's cause i go under so many bushes or hit rocks. =\

thanks everyone =]

[Erik]

Hi Wayne,

That is really cool the way the two stones fit together like a cosmic jigsaw puzzle. It makes me wonder how many possible "fits" might be within a relatively small area. Nice finds!

Ben

Hi Ben

I have found many broken fragments in the last few years. In fact my friend Bill in the DVD found a L-class in an area in Franconia and took 9 or 10 pieces. I asked him if he searched the spot well and he thought he had. I went back later and took another 6 pieces in the 4ft area. Only recently in GB did I realize that 2 pieces fit when for some strange reason I tried 2 pieces 75grams each in my pocket. Sure enough they fit and were 35 yards apart, across 3 or 4 drainage cuts. I still have 2 pieces missing.

Seems the L's are broken much more often than the H-class. I found several L's last year in Franconia and all were broken apart. Strange thing is how well some fit back together.The large one found broken in Franconia hit a very hard piece of ground and I believe 600+ pieces were found. I just started putting some back together before I forget why I have a bunch of pieces in the same bag or box.

Del

I taught over a hundred people how to use detectors to find treasure on beaches and parks. Some still will not get involved in clubs or the forums as they believe there detectors may be to cheap compared to the units used by others. Some of the most inexpensive units are the best for some users. 2 easy functions and there in a coin hunt or able to find a ring and other goodies. No you will not find small gold or a meteorite under 50 or 60grams with a unit under $300, but they should get involved. This forum is packed with great people that would share a few min to help them at an outing or hunt. The clubs are a great place to start as well. While I am rambling about a year ago my wifes co worker asked about all the gold on her fingers. She told how it got there and the gal went to Wal mart and bought a $200 unit for her boy friend. The first trip to the river in an hour they found a $1500 pawn value ring. Very lucky people. I was trying to see if Erik would talk me into using my Bounty Hunter for the coin hunt in GB if he does not get his coils fixed. Coin hunts are fun but I like to watch.

Erik,

John B. had a quick fix for the Gold Max that was on this forum for a long time. It was on the main web site in the Articles section. I have not seen it lately. You might be able to get some information from him as to a quick fix if yours is fix-able.

That makes 2 good coils that you have put the kabosh on, you must be beating the ground and rocks to death. That little 6" coil won't last long because you are having to swing twice as fast to cover half as much ground as the DD or Gold Max.

:hmmmmmm: I will loan you a Gold Max at GB if you promise not to dent it............ :;):

Jim

And that is the main reason I keep on telling Del that I like to "skim" the ground like a hovercraft and not "plow the earth". I may lose some depth but I make it up by going a little slower and if I detect any difference in sound I go back and really touch that particular spot. I would rather miss one little target and have my equipment survive a long life thus giving me opportunities for more targets.

But to each his own I say! :twocents:

Aloha, Stan aka Kaimi

thats what coil covers are for.

im not afraid to scratch the bottom of a coil cover lol

they are like $6 and having your coil to the ground

allows you to find small 3 gram chondrites.

i just acidentally hit the coil agains the bolders at franconia to many times.

no one else will and it produces.

thats why i have the 4x6 coil now so i can get

between the rocks without bumping my coil. =]

but i guess i was too late to make a diffence.

=/

that 4x6in coil is hot! it has depth and its really sensitive!

it just screams on any chondrite!

i just didn't cover much ground with it lol!

its like the lottery. rolled and hit a 7-11!

[Erik]

Hi Stan

GB is very quiet compared to Franconia north. Yes, you can probably use a big coil with good success. The real answer lies with Paleface Jim who can advise you with the best answers to your questions. He is "the Man" with the GMT! As far as the split, I want part of the bet to see who does what! Can we get some odds going here? I think the real reason everyone is in GB is because of the up coming outing and maybe because of some other club outings. I'm there because I am only about 17 miles from there. Can't wait for the hunt.

Hi Wayne

What kind of hunt do you have going on in GB ? Is it a club outing. We have not been out in a few months now, due to the heat ! Now that it is cooling off , it's time to get back out . GB is a lot closer to Vegas ,and we sure would like to get togther again with everybody. I would like to see a hunt like we had last year in Franconia .

Rick & Connie

HI RIck & Connie, the outing is the Fall Nugget shooters outing , just folks from these forums getting together to have a ball.....Come on out and enjoy, as kStan he will tll you what fun they are, see also the posts in Outings and the nugget shooting forums about the outing.....I will be out there on Friday morning and plan on staying untill Sunday.....Hope to see ya there...........this is not an outing to miss.

:icon_mrgreen: