Nugget Shooter Forums

Hi all

Here's the finds for the day. 143 grams total. Great weather, Todd scored as well with a nice one. Think we found your truck (Jason) close to my white tracker. Looked for you but went down the hill and missed you. Hope you and your son had a good day as well. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Wayne :escape:

post-1528-1190607775_thumb.jpg

Wayne, I thought that might be you...I guess I should have stopped and yelled to find you...WTG!!!! Yeah, we went up the hill and to the South. My son (8yrs.) had a good time and so did I. Congrats on the finds...I'll post mine in my thread. Jason :;):

Hello Jason

We were about a mile north of the tracker. So the yell would not have worked. Todd thought he heard you guys to the south of us when we got back to the car so we headed in that direction but missed any way. If you carry radios leave a channel on my window or a phone #. I was going to put a card on your window but thought we would see you . Will meet up again.

Wayne

Nice , way to go ......

Del is that offer to use the detector still good, I have decided not to give up,it might hurt but I will hunt.

Rick the offer still stands, your more than welcome to use my ML Eureka Gold during the outing. Just let me know you want to use it before the outing comes and it's yours for the weekend. However You'll have to bring some headphones because my Black Widows are messed up right now and I've been using my Nugget Busters.

You might want to download the manual (I've attached it) print it out and read it before you try to use it. Don't worry it's a very easy metal detector to use, you'll be up and running with it in no time.

If I let you borrow it you have to promise me one thing....... DON'T OVEREXERT YOURSELF JUST TO TRY AND FIND SOME GOLD AND METEORITES! :POsmiley01: Your health and well being is way more important than all the gold and meteorites in the world. I'd rather see an alive Rick than a dead Rick.... deal? :hmmmmmm:

Del

Sounds Like good deal to me Del, I am going to take it easy......I found some interesting places a week or so ago when I was getting some dirt for my sluice, now I need a gold machine to hunt it.

I will read the manual, then when ya get there you can tel me how it works :laught16:

I think I need to get active again, I will explain in person at the outing.

Thanks

Sounds Like good deal to me Del, I am going to take it easy......I found some interesting places a week or so ago when I was getting some dirt for my sluice, now I need a gold machine to hunt it.

I will read the manual, then when ya get there you can tel me how it works :laught16:

I think I need to get active again, I will explain in person at the outing.

Thanks

Works for me Rick, I'll bring it with me and it's your for the weekend buddy. I can also bring my other coils- 8", 5" x 9" stock coil, 11", and a 15" Coiltek WOT. All DD coils, I'd suggest using the stock coil and the 11" coil.

One thing thats great about the Eureka Gold is that it has three switchable frequencies- 6.4 kHz, 20 kHz, and 60 kHz. The 6.4 kHz is for hunting large deep targets, the 60 kHz is for very small nuggets (or meteorites), and 20 kHz is a happy medium between 6.4 and 60 kHz. Personally I ike to use 60 kHz when I'm checking my header pile after drywasher and I use 20 kHz for general hunting.

One thing the manual doesn't mention (and I don't understand why) is what the tone sounds like on non-ferrous targets. It gives a high pitched "whoop whoop" sound, so keep this in mind.

When I get there I'll give you the rundown on it and show you how to tune it. It's a darn good machine (I've found more nuggets with it than my GP!) and lately it's itchen to make a good find for someone.

Del

Hi Eric

Well!! the total is now over 2300grams most over the summer. Maybe I will match you and your dad someday. You guys kick butt. Sure is tough out thier some days. Can't wait for your next haul. Good Pics keep 'em coming.

Wayne :icon_mrgreen:

Eric, you know there is an outing at GB on the 19th,20th and 21st of OCT and it is open to one and all.

Plenty of room to camp.....meet some folks that hunt there and learn a lot.....

Happy hunting

Eric

Thanks. Hoping you get some soon and to see you at the outing. E me when the package arrivies curious to see how long it took from here in the outback.

Rick.

Nice to hear Del has you fixed up and your ready for the outing. Glad to hear your getting around again. Been worried about you since we could not make a trip together.

Del

Thanks for the Rick fix. We sure have a great bunch of members out there. Your on top of my list.

Wayne :icon_mrgreen:

Eric

Thanks. Hoping you get some soon and to see you at the outing. E me when the package arrivies curious to see how long it took from here in the outback.

Wayne, I am curious as well... I can't wait for it though I tell you! :) The thing is, it could be sitting in the mail box right now and I wouldn't know because my girlfriend took the key to the mailbox this morning... :) ARRRG! lol

Oh well.. I'll email you when I get it...

Thanks!

Eric

actually i have only found 751.7 grams of meteorite.

-620g consisting of 70 Franconia Stones

-7g consisting of 20 Franconia Irons

-10.5g consisting of 1 Franconia "L"

-114.2g consisting of 22 Holbrook Stones + splater fragments

so you are finding alot more matterial than i am!

but i never imagined i would find any meteorites!

i hold every stone and examine each one for a few minuets.

I could never find another meteorite for the rest of my life and

still be extreamly happy.

i might feel the uncomfortable cold turky syndrom some times

but i could still be happy.

someday im going to be ritch and buy ground penatrating radar

with programs that you can view the results in seconds on your laptop.

like what they used to map hitler's bunker.

wayne you can measure your find in kilos and that is a real

show of how well you can hunt meteorites! and L's on top of that!

[Erik]

Erik

Let me tell you a quick story about this meteorite oddesy. All I wanted was one GB and one Franconia and head back to the beaches to find rings and the desert to find bottles and whatever. Thanks to Larry Sloan, I have become addicted. Meterorite hunting gets in your blood. You have a fine collection and more H's than I have. A lot of people wish they could find an L in Franconia. I'm sure your collection will soon surpass mine. Looks like the winter season is upon us. Finally. Now we can get into some really serious tramping around.

Wayne :icon_mrgreen: :escape:

Erik and Wayne, guys those are impressive numbers. :wubu: I look forward to the day I have as much weight as you guys. Now if I could find me a place like Franconia and Gold Basin in Cali that isn't a dry lake bed..... :hmmmmmm:

Yeah Wayne I've got absolutely no problem lending my detector out to Rick because I know he's a genuine good guy. The way I see it I'd rather lend it out to someone who's really itchin to find something than let it collect dust in my closet. I might not be drywashing right now, but at least it's getting used.

Del