Nugget Shooter Forums

Franconia on friday 9/21

Anyone else hear them Franconia meteorites just screaming to be taken home? :innocent0009:

Finally have a day off so I am off to Franconia to see if I can oblige a bunch of them spacerocks wishing to visit my fireplace mantel.

I will be hunting the North side as usual and should be there very early. May take one quick break for lunch but if the weather holds out like it is today I will be out till sundown.

Got to get a quick fix as it has been a loooooong time since my last visit out there.

Aloha y'all and be careful out there.

Kaimi aka Stan :coffeetime:

My dad and I will be out there in the deserty abyss. I'm not sure what days yet?

probably leave after pops gets off work friday and then hunt till sunday at like 3-4pm

or we might drive up saturday morning.

pm me for my cell

and i do have texting.

NEW COIL COVER! i am going to be tearing the field up like no other.

no rocks left unturned, no bushes unsearched, no meteorite left undug and unclean/cared for.

FOR SPARTA!

[Erik]

Hey Erik I'm heading out tonight too, so I'll see you guys at the normal camping spot. What about firewood? Does anybody know if the wood we've left there from previous trips is still there?

Del

Just stopped by a friends house for dinner on the way home and just couldn't resist posting.

Weather was absolutely great. Shirt sleeve weather until 2pm when the winds picked up BIG time. Got me a couple of nice irons and a nice little chrondite in my usual hunting areas. Plus I found my green handrake I lost earlier this year waaaaay out in the middle of nowhere and after that a bunch of irons was found in the same area in about 40 minutes. Got a new spot now and its a looooong way out there.

Good luck guys BUT keep an eye out for them rain clouds up in the hills. Saw me a couple of BIG washout areas way out there so I expect there was a LOT of water going somewhere fast.

Aloha and good luck,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hi All,

Can't remember the last time I posted, but as I'm driving out to Franconia very early

tomorrow morning, I thought I'd check-in to see who I might expect out there this

weekend. Looks like Erik and his dad will be there -- will finally get to meet the two

of you! The weather looks to be unseasonably pleasant, so I have a feeling it might

be busy out there! I plan to stay through Monday -- Erik: Greg S. gave me your

cell phone # so I may give you a jingle in the afternoon if I haven't run into you

by then. --California Rob

Here's the WX for tomorrow out there...just be careful...Jason :;):

Rest of Tonight

Mostly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 70s. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph after midnight. Chance of thunderstorms 50 percent.

Saturday

Partly cloudy. A chance of rain showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the morning...then a slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 50 percent

panchos and golf clubs are on hand if it rains lol.

we will just go by eye.

long walk to the north side tho.

cant risk getting flooded if it seems like it will rain hard