Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Basin 9-17 today

Hey - Go hunting for gold, you find meteorites. Dosen't seem to work the opposite! :grrr01: Here's the catch of the day. Rubberbanded 3 pieces - 87.6. One 84.1 & one 11.9. Wish someone would round up Sasquatch, as he or she keeps stepping on them. :laught16::laught16: Roads are getting fixed up pretty good. Weather great.

Wayne :icon_mrgreen:

post-1528-1190075168_thumb.jpg

Grate findes wish i could run there but i live in tuscon well vail wish i new of a place to go closer to my house so mabe ill finde soemoem outhere than dirt ;p well grate finde if you all jnow a of place near my place let me know :icon_mrgreen:

Nice going Wayne, are you gonna be at the outing, it would be a shame not top get to meet you. I will be there , not sure how many days yet, depends on wifes schedual at work.....

Nice going

Hi Guys - Thanks Del. Rick yes, I am planning on being there, if possible. Been waiting to meet you for a long time after all the great things you said about our DVD. Sounds like theres a lot of members heading that way.

Wayne :icon_mrgreen: :escape:

Wayne, WTG :wubu: :whoopie: :Huh_anim]: !!!! Very nice indeed, I need to re-tune my ear for down there. The last time I was there, I had a real hard time hearing and the interference was pretty bad :grrr01: :grrr01: . Might have to look at a back up VLF machine :hmmmmmm: . Jason :;):

Hey Jason - Thank's for the reply. I hope someone else is paying attention to your post and can help you with your machine. My V/sat is very quiet in GB compared to both North and South Franconia. Of course, there is a lot of hematite nodules and very hot basalt in some areas. I did find one of the pieces in GB next to a screamer, which someone had found before me, as there was a hole and kick out a foot away. It has to be tones, I guess, that make the difference. With the V/sat it's softer and the whole DD coil, from tip to tip, is smooth. Paleface and Bill, hopefully can help you wtih this. I have not looked at the DVD recently at the test we did over L's, H's & Irons from the field, but I may review to hear the sounds again from the 3 machines tested. Hopefully this will help Jason.

Wayne, WTG :wubu: :whoopie: :Huh_anim]: !!!! Very nice indeed, I need to re-tune my ear for down there. The last time I was there, I had a real hard time hearing and the interference was pretty bad :grrr01: :grrr01: . Might have to look at a back up VLF machine :hmmmmmm: . Jason :;):

Jason,

GMT with the stock twin DD or 14" Goldmax coil will sound off over any GB meteorites you are lucky enough to get the coil over. Your GP with either the NF 14" E Mono or the Joey will also do the job. No problem with your ears. Like riding a bicycle, ya never forget how. Confidence......... :;):

Jim

tearing up Gold Basin Wayne! Skillz right there!

Those are some pretty big finds you've been making.

I didn't know anyone could pull that size stuff out of GB anymore!

They are nice specimens too!

Keep up the great work Wayne!

Makes me excited for the outing lol.

I hope i can find at least one small piece

that i can call my own find.

[Erik]

Eric

You & your Dad really kicked the butt out there. :whoopie: Fantastic finds. :whoopie: Few will have the hunt you had. It's funny, I pass by the field with detectors, and all my magnets, on the way to see my kids in Pinetop & Showlow. Have not been able to stop & hunt the field. :angry-smiley-010: Your finds are remarkable & I think you guys are in the zone. My experience in GB has led me to zone on the bigger specimens & I stay in the area and pound it. I hope your education gets you to the point where you classify the frags we send to you at the University. Hope to see you at the outing and keep up the good work you guys.

Looks like Gold Basin may be getting a "second pounding" real soon from the sounds of it. Just got my GMT back: :innocent0009: WOW!! No rattles and it is even a little more sensitive. Just spent about an hour in the horseshoe pit with a couple of Franconia irons testing it out.

May try Franconia on friday just to quell that burning appetite for a spacerock or two. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Hey Wayne, make sure you save them gps coords as we will be needing them for reference. :laught16::laught16::laught16:

Aloha for now,

Kaimi aka Stan :coffeetime:

Hi Stan

Glad to hear you got your machine back. Sure helps to have it tweeked now and then. I had no idea how bad my coil was until I bought the new one. 100% better. Been hunting private land. I have never been up to the claim site looking forward to seeing it. Still finding Meteorites 3X3 miles square so sure there are plenty left. Most coming deep and soft. Hope to meet you at the outing if not before.

Wayne :icon_mrgreen: