Nugget Shooter Forums

Help / Info on Metal Detectors

Hello Everyone,

I’m new to the forum and new to meteorite hunting and if all goes well I’m hoping to make it to the outing at the Gold Basin next month. :icon_mrgreen:

I’ve been trying to find as much info as possible online about Metal-Detectors that work best for Meteorites and hopefully with Gold as well. However, I am unable to find any information on specific makes or models, only very general info……. :grrr01: So, if anyone out there has some advice, opinions, and or suggestions about specific makes and models, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.

The “Whites” detectors seem to be quite popular, and I’m interested in the XLT & DFX models. Does anyone have experience with these? I’ve seen some detectors in the $4,500-5,500 dollar range, but this is just too much for me to consider.

As for in-expensive models, I am also interested in possibly purchasing a second detector, as a back-up and also for any friends or family that may be with me who would otherwise have a difficult time with the more complex XLT & DFX. One that works well, is simple, and affordable, hopefully in the $300-500 range.

I am also trying to determine what coil works best as well? A lot of people seem to like the Whites 1400DD, but I have notice that in several videos and photos of folks looking for meteorites, that they’re using what appears top be an 6”x 9” oval coil of some type…. Then there’s the huge 18” x 3” Big-Foot, this seems kind of big for looking for Meteorites, especially in the type of terrain that’s found in most deserts.

Also, are there any other option or accessories you would recommend having for a Metal detector?

Thank You,

Dave

p.s: For what it’s worth, here is the note I got back from a sales rep. at Whites.

Dear Dave

White’s models are very popular among meteorite professionals.

The more expensive models, MXT ($799.95), XLT ($899.95) and DFX (1,095.95) are preferred as they can tell the difference between nickel / iron meteorites and man mad iron. Typically meteorites indicate in the –95 to -60 display range, where as man mad iron typically indicates in the –30 to 0 display range. Most metal detectors do not have a (-) display range.

Most the concerns regarding DFX learning curve are from people that have trouble using the tool bar to navigating a typical web site, or finding the right oil filter on the Walmart oil filter finder. Proof is obvious when one considers the XLT is identical to the DFX in all regards to the user interface. The DFX simply operates at multi frequency rather than the one the XLT operates at.

If you want simple and deep, the MXT is the way to go.

If you do not want to hear anything except meteorites, the XLT or DFX will do that over the MXT. With the MXT you would have to hear all metals, and look at the display to see if it is a possible meteorite.

However, there is more to learning the menu system of the XLT and DFX. Basically 40 options, mostly personal preferences. Point and shoot menu system is pretty easy for most computer users. Most people who find it difficult make it hard for themselves dwelling on not knowing what their personal preferences are.

All these high end White’s are four pounds with batteries and very well balanced. Out of every 40,000 detectors we sell, we sell about 50 hipmount conversion kits mostly to people with bad elbows or shoulder problems.

The MXT doesn’t hipmount. White’s does sell a hipmount kit for XLT and DFX, however, again at four pounds and well balanced, it is not popular.

Depth depends upon size of the target, exact alloy, and the size of the detectors search coil. Accessory search coils like the Super 12, will significantly increase detection depth over standard equipment search coils. However, the smaller the target, the less the depth. With most high end models one can expect 12 inches on 25 cent coin sized nickel / iron meteorites. They must get into the ounce + size to detect them with any metal detector at depths in the 18 inch range.

Sincerely

Steve Howard

White’s USA

Dave, I had an MXT and it is a nice and easy machine to operate. For the price, not a bad detector. The one thing to consider, is that this hobby can lead you to many different types of detecting :tisc-tisc: . Now that being said, are you only going to be looking for meteorites or do you plan to "hone" your skills by going to the local parks and coin shooting? Or if you attend the GB outing, are you going to want to look for gold too? :hmmmmmm: If you answer yes to any one of these questions, then the MXT is a good choice for the money. You can find them on Ebay or this forum, some pawn shops as well. The higher priced machines are usually more specific type detectors, for that purpose, and the technology is different as well. The MXT is a VLF machine, where at the Minelabs are Pulse Induction (PI). Different types of detecting capability for each. Some meteorite hunters don't even have a metal detector, they use a meteorite cane (stick w/a magnet) and "eyeball" them.

Bottom line, buy the best detector that you can afford, and try to have it meet your needs for the detecting your going to be doing. Just my :twocents: . Jason :;):

Dave; only a white shoed car dealer will tell you that a certain detector is the One & Only....there are several very successful meteorite hunters on this forum, some use whites, some use gold bugs some use the 3-5 k minelab super detectors....if you read back through the old posts on this site and Bills nugget-shooter site as well as other forums you will see that all you can hope for in answer to this question is opinions...some of which are certainly well worth considering...John B, Rubin Garcia, Bill Southern, Paleface come to mind but are not the only ones.

The Alaska gold forum has a thread by Steve hershbach called My recommendations for Moore Creek that is well worth the reading.

I will suggest a Lobo supertrac as an excellent loner, starter and back-up detector. It is good for coins, nuggets and meteorites and requires very little instruction to get started. I used my minelab 3500 to find several tiny irons and one teensie-weensy meteorite at franconia and several at gold basin, but, I am not one of the Big-names i suggest you pay heed to.

Just some of my opinions

good luck

Fred

post-378-1189795294_thumb.jpg

post-378-1189795303_thumb.jpg

Dave,

You mention meteorites and gold as your main interest, I would suggest that you consider the Whites

GMT or a Minelab X-Terra 70 as your VLF choice. Both units are very good when it comes to gold and meteorites. The X-Terra 70 also is a very good coin and relic detector and works quite well on the salt water beaches. Both of these units will hunt circles around the MXT, XLT and DFX.

You mention that you are thinking primary and secondary detectors. My suggestion would be for you to pick up a used Minelab SD or GP as your primary detector and the VLF as your back up. The Nuggetfinder 14" E-Mono is probably the best coil for the primary Minelab detector. A stock coil is usually with any used units. The 10x5" Elip. 18.75 Khz DD coil for the X-terra 70 is a must for prospecting and hunting meteorites. I find that the stock Twin DD coil that comes with the Whites GMT is quite adequate for both gold and meteorites, if you want more depth, add the Jimmy Sierra 14" Gold Max to your inventory.

In the VLF category, the units that I mentioned are available in used condition in the $500 range. They are not a tremendous

amount more purchased new with a warranty.

Jason gave you good advice when he said that you should buy the best that you can afford. I personally would attend the GB outing and get an education. Jumping in deep water before learning to swim is usually not a good idea. I personally know many that wanted to be meteorite hunters and prospectors, only to give up that idea and just became coin shooters. With that in mind, the X-terra 70 would fill all your needs. Bill has some good deals on the Minelab products and I am sure that he would discuss your situation with you.

Fred is correct in his analysis, nothing is set in concrete on this subject and opinions as to what is best will vary from one persons experience to another. Read everything you can find and you will get a more clear picture of your options. My advice is based upon my experience and I have hunted with or around all the mentioned detectors.

Jim

Hi Again,

I certainly understand that there won’t be the “One & Only” detector, and I don’t think that was I was implying that, or at least I hope I didn’t……

My posting was to inquirer about the many different make & models of detectors. More specifically try to get “Advice, Opinions & Suggestions” on as many as possible, both on what seems to work for folks and what doesn’t seem to work. Or maybe a better word, would be successful J I’m sure there will be several opinions on what works and what doesn’t, and that’s exactly what I’m after.

Like I mentioned, I’m new to this and still on a learning curve. So I’m trying to get as much information as possible. Although I am a new member here on the list, I have been reading it for a while. What caught my attention is that everyone seems to be so helpful. That being the case, I couldn’t think of a better place to inquire about the different types of detectors.

I figure that the amount of experience here on the “forum” is by far more that I could ever hope to find surfing around the net……

Anyhoo, I hope everyone will be a bit patient with me and my questions while I’ll learn and listen and get up to speed.

Fred, I did some research on the “Lobo SuperTraq”, it seems to be a great unit from what I found out., another unit that seems to be in the same price range and just as good is the Fisher “Gold-Bug-2”. Although both of these are on the high end of what I’d like to spend on a “Back-up” or “Loner” unit, they seem to have a solid following and very popular. Anyone have any words of wisdom for these two units as back-ups/loners or general thoughts?

As for my primary unit, I’ve been looking at the Whites DFX or XLT. I would like to have as much info as possible on these two, and as many different makes & models, as to give me more choices to choose from.

So again, any “Advice, Opinions, and or Suggestions” would be GREATLY APPRECIATED, on both your Good and Bad experiences.

One of the things I would like to do if I make it up to the get-together next month, is to try a very “un-scientific” experiment. I would like to gather several different size and maybe types of Meteorites and bury them at different depths and using as many different makes & models with as many different settings, see the response of the various detectors and how well they do.

Has anyone done this already?

Thank You,

Dave

P.S: What does VLF stand for……? Again, I’m new, sorry……….. :hmmmmmm:

Where to buy?

I can’t believe I forgot to ask this question……. I have been searching around eBay and there seems to be some decent deals there. But at the same time, I would like to buy new, mostly because I like the security of a warranty if something goes wrong. But then again, I have gotten some good deals on eBay…..

Anyhoo, any recommendations on where to purchase? It appears as though KellyCo has good deals on Whites which interestingly enough, end tomorrow, anyone have experiences with them?

Cheers,

Dave

Dave, no matter what brand you choose you might consider a local dealer so you get the after the sale care and instructions too.

I had both a GMT and MXT and I loved them both, the GMT let me find my total of 6 meteorites at Franconia......in my opinion they are about the eisiet to use and the most forgiving if ya don't get it set just right.......

What ever ya choose the big secret is......LEARN YOUR DETECTOR...... that was my problem, I was looking for a "magic" machine to find gold and meteorites for me..........

With that advise I wish Good Luck :luck:

Hello Dave - Welcome to the forum. Maybe it's time for someone to explain air tests, buried in ground tests and objects in the gound for a considerable amount of time ie halo's and aura's. Some of you guys really have the talent for explaining it.

Del, the last specimen was 45 grams.

Wayne :icon_mrgreen:

Hi again Dave; don't worry about taking or giving offense when asking questions...the written word is a harsh medium with no visual feedback from the sender of the message...I mentioned the One and Only thing to get that idea up front...just in case that was what you intended.

For an all-purpose Very-Low-Freguency machine ( VLF) I got great use from the Lobo St...is is not the best at anything and there are newer, possibly much better detectors available...You can't beat the GB2 for small gold, in my opinion but the whites models have many more styles and options.Jim Smaller-Paleface is very fond of his Xterra and if I were asking for opinions I sure would give a good listen to him. As to buying a new detector, I personally believe the owner of this forum should ,at the least, be given a chance to assist you in buying a detector....as for used, you can access several classified sites or buy on e-bay...for the small savings on any of the newer models I would buy new, from a reputable dealer such as Bill Southern....don't be afraid to mention any other deals you have seen...if he has room to deal maybe he will...

sorry this got so long, hope it helps

fred

Hi Dave and All

To hear the broadest varieties of space rocks !! The VLF gold machines Namely the Gold Bug 2 by Fisher and Goldmaster series ( goldmaster 2 , Vsat ,GM3 ,GM4 and GMT) by Whites will hear even the most weathered chondrites and even martian basalts ( containing no free metal). Even Chondrites where the metal has completely weathered away are generally audible to these detectors. Many highly weathered chondrites and most basalts will not be audible to the DFX,and other assorted coin multi use detectors, Mxt (???) and for sure the bigger pulse induction Minelab detectors. Most coin and general use detectors filter out more subtle targets of disceminated metals and or oxides. For the best results for all various types of meteorites the Gold Bug 2 and Goldmaster series detectors ( Excluding the GMT in auto tracking) are superior and second to none in that use. They can hear the faintest oxides and free metal particles in Achondrite and chondrite type space rocks. They are also formidable on Irons and stoney Irons at respectable depths but at 2 foot in soil depth or better the Minelab Pulse Induction or if sizable pieces at greater depth the Pulse Star or Lorenze Pulse Induction type detectors are superior !! These are not opinions they are the straight facts trust Me :innocent0002: !! Happy Huntin John B.

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all the great info regarding the Metal detectors, it’s greatly appreciated! And please, keep the suggestions, opinions and advice coming! I’m learning a lot and certainly want to continue learning more.

I’ve had recommendations for the Fisher “Gold Bug-2” the Whites “Goldmaster GMT”, and the Tesoro “Lobo SuperTraq” for hunting meteorites?

Originally, I was planning on getting the Whites “DFX” as a primary detector and one of the above for a back-up/loner. But as it appears, the DFX may not be as good for meteorites as the above. Does anyone have an opinion on that? Also, does anyone own a DFX that would like to share their thoughts on it, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Can the DFX be set to work the same as a GMT? Or is it just a completely different kind of process? I kind of think you cant, simply because of the difference in frequencies.

Also, is it recommended to have a metal detector with Pulse Induction ? Aside from that, what other types are there? Are there types I should avoid? What is the advantage of P.I.? Disadvantages?

And on the subject of “Frequencies” from what I am starting to understand, the higher the Frequency (above 40khz+), the better for hunting meteorites? Again, I’m learning and have no idea……. With that being the case I can understand that the Whites DFX may not be the best bet for meteorites as it works off of a dual frequency (5 & 15), using one, the other, or both frequencies. But that just confuses me more as the sales guy was saying how great it is for hunting meteorites……. (yeah, I know, the sales guy will say what ever you want to hear to make a sale, but..…).

I notice the Fisher “Gold Bug-2” works on a frequency of 71khz, the Whites “GMT” works on 48khz. And noticed that there is a huge range of frequency band for which metal detector s use.

This is starting to scramble my brain cells. I mean heck, I only have two brain cells left, and they’re usually asleep…..J

If you haven’t guessed yet, I am looking to purchase two Metal Detectors and am trying to keep the combined price under $2,000. I think this is fairly reasonable……? I was hoping to get a somewhat high-end unit as a primary and a back-up unit that is a bit less expensive, yet still does a great job of finding meteorites.

Initially I was planning on buying a Whites “DFX” ($1,000est) for a primary and possibly the Gold-Bug-2($700est) as the back-up/loner.

However, after reading what folks had to say, I’m not so sure.

So, if you where going to buy two Metal Detectors, one as your personal/primary unit and one as a back-up/loner”, which two would you purchase? Let’s just say, you also wanted to keep the combined price at or below $2,000.

The purpose of the second detector is simple, I’ve been sharing with a few of my friends and family about my interest in looking for Meteorites. Everyone of them has shown interest in wanting to learn more and go with me on hunts. So I figure I’ll need a second one from to get-go. Which for me is a cool thing, as it would be great to have some company learning as I do.

I also realize that the most important thing you need to find meteorites, is your eyes, and perhaps a meteorite stick/magnet.

Again, I want to thank you all for your time, and I apologize sincerely for asking so many questions. I hope you’ll be patient and understanding that I am very new to this and just trying to learn as much as possible and get off to a good start.

All the Best to You & Yours,

Dave

p.s: I am absolutely having a great time learning everything I can about Meteorites, Metal Detectors, and everything else. And Thank you for taking the time to explain things, and share your experiences with me, it is greatly appreciated and doesn’t go unnoticed at all.

Hi Dave, my father had a whites XLT and it was very hard to hear meteorites with it, it was a killer for coins and such but I like the MXT better, it seemed to be more flexable in that typ of hunting, it would hear meteorites and small gold like a GMT but in my opinion I liked the GMT the best for gold and meteorites, Paleface is one of the most informed persons on running a GMT I ever had the pleasure of learning from... He found the first nugget I had ever seen found just after I walked over it with my GB...now I am not saying the goldbug was at fault, I did not take the time to learn the machine and it was not set up right.....

if I was to buy anopther VLF machine I would get the same as I had before.....a GMT for gold and meteorites and an MXT for everything else.....

This is just my opinion..........I do like the Xterra 70 too, but never owned one.

and like I said before, no matter what machine ya get TAKE TIME AND LEARN THAT MACHINE....if ya do it will be good to ya........

Happy hunting

WOW!! What a ton of info to absorb!

I started with the Lobo Super Traq and did fairly well once I learned the machine. BUT I soon got a GMT and it has been "Game On"

ever since. I sold my Lobo and just decided to really "learn the sounds from my GMT".

I hunted with someone who was always nagging me about "Listening to the sounds" that I finally understood what he was trying to say. Once you learn your machine and can get into that great ZONE where only the sounds really matter you will understand.

YES, by the best you can afford BUT also buy the best unit for your "overall" needs and set some time aside to really learn your machine and you will be rewarded with hours of fun.

Good luck with your choice and here's a "Game on" at you. :icon_mrgreen:

Aloha for now,

Stan aka Kaimi

WOW!! What a ton of info to absorb!

I started with the Lobo Super Traq and did fairly well once I learned the machine. BUT I soon got a GMT and it has been "Game On"

ever since. I sold my Lobo and just decided to really "learn the sounds from my GMT".

I hunted with someone who was always nagging me about "Listening to the sounds" that I finally understood what he was trying to say. Once you learn your machine and can get into that great ZONE where only the sounds really matter you will understand.

YES, by the best you can afford BUT also buy the best unit for your "overall" needs and set some time aside to really learn your machine and you will be rewarded with hours of fun.

Good luck with your choice and here's a "Game on" at you. :icon_mrgreen:

Aloha for now,

Stan aka Kaimi

Stan it makes me feel great to know my nagging got through to you! :laught16:

I've learned the best way to really figure out a particular machine before you buy it is to a web search, download the manual, read it, then compare and contrast between whatever models your looking at. It might be a little time consuming, but when your looking at forking out a decent amount of money for something it's best to do your homework on it before you buy. Here's links for the various metal detecting companies, they post all put their product manuals on their web pages so you can download and read them-

Whites-

http://hobby.us.whiteselectronics.com/content/view/1828/153/

Minelab-

http://www.minelab.com/consumer/page.php?section=269

Garrett-

http://www.garrett.com/hobby/techsupport/prodmanuals.asp

Tesoro-

http://www.tesoro.com/index-manuals.html

Fisher-

http://www.fisherlab.com/

Figure out what kind of detecting you want to do, download the manual and read it. Trust me, by the time you finish reading the manual you'll know whether that machine will work for you. Good luck!

Del

Del,

Thank You for the suggestion, I think that's an excellent idea! Yep, it'll take some time but I'm sure it will be well worth it. And thank you for the links as well.

Cheers,

Dave

Stan it makes me feel great to know my nagging got through to you! :laught16:

I've learned the best way to really figure out a particular machine before you buy it is to a web search, download the manual, read it, then compare and contrast between whatever models your looking at. It might be a little time consuming, but when your looking at forking out a decent amount of money for something it's best to do your homework on it before you buy. Here's links for the various metal detecting companies, they post all put their product manuals on their web pages so you can download and read them-

Whites-

http://hobby.us.whiteselectronics.com/content/view/1828/153/

Minelab-

http://www.minelab.com/consumer/page.php?section=269

Garrett-

http://www.garrett.com/hobby/techsupport/prodmanuals.asp

Tesoro-

http://www.tesoro.com/index-manuals.html

Fisher-

http://www.fisherlab.com/

Figure out what kind of detecting you want to do, download the manual and read it. Trust me, by the time you finish reading the manual you'll know whether that machine will work for you. Good luck!

Del

Hi Dave:

I'd encourage you to purchase several different types of meteorite specimens and practice "finding them" with your detector. If you are heading to a known strewn field like Gold Basin, put representative samples of the meteorite into plastic bags. Then bury the bagged samples in the soils common to the search area at different depths before you start. You can then fine turn your detector over the buried targets and that will certainly give you an advantage.

Best of luck and I hope you enjoy yourself.

Johnny

Del,

Thank You for the suggestion, I think that's an excellent idea! Yep, it'll take some time but I'm sure it will be well worth it. And thank you for the links as well.

Cheers,

Dave

Dave, you've made a wise decision posting in this forum and seeking advice from it's members. Everybody who's posted in this thread are very knowledgeable people and have been doing this for a while, so they all know what they're talking about. To help you get a better understanding of all this I would suggest reading an article I wrote a little while back on the GPAA forum-

http://www.goldprospectors.org/newforum/fo...ts.asp?TID=2314

In order to read it you will have to sign up for the forum. It essentially says the same exact thing I tell you above, however it has a little bit more information that will help you to understand metal detectors better. Good luck!

Del

Hello Del,

And thank you again, I was able to sign up, but I keep getting the following message any time I try to read any of the Forum's topic's....... :grrr01:

Error

Only members with sufficient permission can access this page.

Is it possible for you to send me the article you wrote via email, I am very interested in reading it and would greatly appreciate it. :bowdown:

Thank You again,

Dave

daveandzeus@sbcglobal.net

Dave, you've made a wise decision posting in this forum and seeking advice from it's members. Everybody who's posted in this thread are very knowledgeable people and have been doing this for a while, so they all know what they're talking about. To help you get a better understanding of all this I would suggest reading an article I wrote a little while back on the GPAA forum-

In order to read it you will have to sign up for the forum. It essentially says the same exact thing I tell you above, however it has a little bit more information that will help you to understand metal detectors better. Good luck!

Del

This is another great idea, and actually one I had thought about doing. Although I hadn't thought of placing them in baggies, that's a excellent idea. I just got to get my hands on a couple of Meteorites to experimant with.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave:

I'd encourage you to purchase several different types of meteorite specimens and practice "finding them" with your detector. If you are heading to a known strewn field like Gold Basin, put representative samples of the meteorite into plastic bags. Then bury the bagged samples in the soils common to the search area at different depths before you start. You can then fine turn your detector over the buried targets and that will certainly give you an advantage.

Best of luck and I hope you enjoy yourself.

Johnny

Hi Del,

Got the email and the article, excellent! And yes, I have gotten a fantastic amount of informative responses here. It's great to have so many expert opinions to help guide me in the right direction.

Thank You,

Dave

Del

Hello All,

Well, after reading all of the great responses and taking the advice many of you have provided. I ended up spending no less than twenty hours surfing around and reading manuals, postings, reviews, etc…… As a matter of fact, when I was finished last night and ready to crash, I realized it was almost 2:00am. :coffeetime:

Between the suggestions and my research, I’m quite sure I have narrowed my decision down to three VLF candidates, they are:

1) Tesoro “Lobo SuperTraq” 17.8 kHz

2) Whites “Goldmaster GMT” 48 kHz

3) Fisher “Gold Bug-2” 71 kHz

They all appear to be fine machines, and all have there pros & con’s, which will differ depending on who is behind it and operating it. What I’ve come to understand is there are always sacrifices to every decision, and Metal Detectors are of no exception.

It seems as though the most significant difference in these units is their operating frequency, and the following is what I have more or less learned. :hmmmmmm:

* That the Higher the frequency, the better for identifying smaller objects, but at the sacrifice of finding them at less depth.

* That the ones with lower frequencies offer greater depth but at the sacrifice of not being able to identify smaller objects.

That being said, I like the idea of having something that is the best of both worlds, or as close as possible, and split it down the middle. So, I’m leaning towards the GMT, as it works off the 48 kHz frequency , which is more or less, right down the middle, or at least it is with the models I’m interested in.

So that’s where I’m at, and if you have any further words of wisdom by all means I’m always willing and interested in what you have to say. I’ll keep everyone posted on what machine I end up with and how it’s going.

Again, Thank You,

Dave :icon_mrgreen:

P.S: And yes, I will read, learn & practice until I become an absolute Professional with my machine!

Do a search on this site for info on the GMT .....I had one and would buy another if I was going to get a VLF machine

Hello all,

As you may remember in my last message, I listed the following three Metal Detectors as candidates for my purchase. Well, I was finally able to make the time to be able to call and talk to Mr. Bill Southern, it was recommended that I call him for his opinions and the opportunity to sell me a Metal Detector. As it turns out Bill is a Great guy! and he spent a lot of time explaining things to me, he only sells Minelab, which wasn’t on my original list of Metal Detectors to purchase, but is now!

I know Bill is going to be bias towards Minelab, he admits this and is proud of it, he also feels that they are a better product with better customer support, which is why has chosen to only carry the Minelab brand and turned down the offers to carry other vendors. Seeing that he is part of their customer support, I’m inclined to believe that. He is also not one of the sales people who bashes the other guys, not all all, as a matter of fact he expressed how good some of them are and that he didn’t have a bad word to say about them. Now that’s what a call, a decent person and a great salesman, and the type of individual I enjoy doing business with!

Anyhoo, seeing that Bill gave me such a great education about Minelab and some of their products, I have now added the Minelab “Eureka Gold” to my list of Metal Detectors to choose from.

So, do any of you have a “Eureka Gold” ? If so, would you mind giving me your opinions about it I’d appreciate hearing both anything positive and or negative, including anything you would change about it if you could.

Does anyone have opinions about the following four Metal Detectors and how the stack up against each other?

1) Tesoro “Lobo SuperTraq” 17.8 kHz

2) Whites “Goldmaster GMT” 48 kHz

3) Fisher “Gold Bug-2” 71 kHz

4) Minelab “Eureka Gold” 6.4khz 20khz 60khz

Thanks You,

Dave