Nugget Shooter Forums

HI All any outing going on soon?

nate

Hi every one I'm so new to this seen its like I'm a baby in a hurricane :) but let me introduce myself I'm Nate and i live in Arizona new to all this fun stuff. I kinda was into hunting for em back win i was younger but this i got into games and well we know how that ends up. ;p well i been blabbing about my self so here we are. hay is there any outing going a round Arizona any time soon if so my noob but would love to get in on it?

PS any help regards lows / hunting you could ve me would meen the world to me thanks

your friend Nathan

There is the Nugget Shooter outing in OCT that is a GREAT one to attend, it is Gold Basin and there will be lots of info floating around if ya just ask and listen.....there is a thread about it on the forum...

Hello there Nate & Azdigger, say I'm new to the forum as well, and interested in the upcoming outing at the Gold Basin. Do either of you happen to know the name of the thread (I couldn't find it...... :angry-smiley-010: ) or just the general info.

Thank You,

Dave

The info is in tw0 places......it is in the Gold Nugget Shooting forum at the top or under the upcoming outings forum.......

Ya don't want to miss one of these outings, they are the best.....no strangers just friends that have not met yet........LOTS OF INFO.........

ONE OF THE OUTINGS

Hi Del, Yep I plan on being there, can't hunt much but I got my sifter and will sift dirt fir the Sluice I got and that will keep me busy, I still gonna try to hunt some coins :icon_mrgreen: I kept my ACE 250

I will also be running a 2meter ham set up I think.....see ya there

Hi Del, Yep I plan on being there, can't hunt much but I got my sifter and will sift dirt fir the Sluice I got and that will keep me busy, I still gonna try to hunt some coins :icon_mrgreen: I kept my ACE 250

I will also be running a 2meter ham set up I think.....see ya there

Hey Rick, if your interested I can bring my other gold detector for you to use. It's a Minelab Eureka Gold and it's very easy to use (I can show you how). Here's the manual for it-

http://www.minelab.com/consumer/files/manuals/man_4_1.pdf

It hasn't been getting much use lately since it's been to hot for me to drywash, so it's itchin to pop out a nugget or two for someone! Just let me know and it's yours for the weekend.

Del

One of the last times I was out at Franconia my friend Stan (Kaimi) and I ran across some people trying to use a Bounty Hunter for meteorite hunting. I had just popped out a nice 70 gram Chondrite and I was curious to see how it sounded through their detector. I turned it on, put my meteorite on the ground and waved it over the peice.... no sound. I played around with all the controls trying to get it to ring off and nothing, it's like the meteorite wasn't there. I was shocked because I had always figured if a meteorite was big enough any detector will pick it up, but apparently thats not the case.

I'm not trying to put your detector down or anything, this was just a test and an observation I made while out in the field. When you get into hunting for gold and meteorites there are specific metal detectors deisigned solely for this purpose and coin machines (even the high end ones) have a lot of difficulty in meteorite and gold fields.

Del

I have found that most coin machine will not "see" a meteroite at all, I have a Garret ACE 250 and it goes right over them......

but there is a coin hunt at the outing so be sure it would work for ya there.

Del, I thank you but I am not able to walk a long distance anymore, that is the reason I sold my machines. I do thank you for the offer, I am attending mostly for the freinds and visiting that takes place.

I will sift dirt to take home and run in my sluice and will be happy with that plus a little coin hunting.

I am counting the days............. :icon_mrgreen:

Welcome Nate, No one is knockin yer machine, there just providing you with some fact based info. which is ALWAYS GOOD to have. Good Hunting. :icon_mrgreen:

yea i got that thanks for the heads up the moire info the better ;p

It's my birthday on the 16th so im soooo using that as an excuse to go.

are you guys going to help me find a gold basin meteorite?

new field new tactics?

Rick- it will be good to see you again!

Everytime im out at franconia i remember walking up on you just after you found your

first meteorite. That night was fun too.

[Erik]