Nugget Shooter Forums

Well, going to slip off tomorrow to hunt Gold Basin, hoping for a meteorite or two :brows: . The WX is looking OK at the moment, highs in the 90's, so not too hot :Huh_anim]: . If anyone else makes it out there, I'll be the one going real slow, swinging the big coil :nutty: :tisc-tisc: . I'll be in a silver F-150 somewhere in the middle of the White hills. Jason :;):

OK, so who ever said that metal detecting was like riding a cycle, must have meant a unicycle :laught16: ! The weather was nice, breezy, not too hot and not a sole in sight in the White Hills. Tip of the day #1, "Don't pick a spot that's been hammered, with interference, to re-tune your ears, because you've been away for six months :tisc-tisc: :Huh_anim]: !!!". The only target I got was a left-over from previous Nugget Shooter outings. Actually, that was a good spot, I knew there would be targets there, or at least hoped there would be :innocent0009: .

So, after about four or five hours of playing around I decided to hit Franconia. Tip of the day #2, "Don't wait until the hottest part of the day to detect at Franconia", mistake number #2 (Hot, 109) :grrr01: :nutty: :PO2: :WOW: . I went to the usual spot and began to wonder what the heck was going on, no targets :hmmmmmm: . Can one's ears really get out of tune that fast, yes they can, I'm living proof. But after about an hour, I finally got a small iron :whoopie: . Then they started coming more often. Total haul for today, 24, some with real character, and bluing :ROFL: :raspberry: .

All in all a good day, besides being burnt to a crisp :zapped: ...Jason :;):

post-1008-1189146721_thumb.jpg

post-1008-1189146737_thumb.jpg

Jason,

Way to go......... :icon_mrgreen: But oh man........what a way to go. You put in a full day, that is for sure. Those are some real nice little irons and now you know........them ears is still tuned.

Had any of the past rains damaged the roads?

Jim

Those are some pretty irons.

Don't you just love those long days of hunting?

A little extra time in the field never hurts. All the

hiking up and down makes my hit a little harder at

football practice the next day anyway lol.

nice finds Jason

[Erik]

Jim, the roads in GB were I was at (Coin shooting area) were fine. The State was out there fixing them and putting the finishing touch ups on Greggs hideout. As for Franconia, the road was well traveled and not bad IMO. The normal soft, loose silt/sand stuff. I didn't go across the tracks, but parked at the end of the road, there by the flats. :innocent0009:

Erik, yeah a long day indeed, fun, but long. It's always glad to see Franconia still producing meteorites. :whoopie:

Jason :;):

Hi Jason,

It's really good to have you back. :icon_mrgreen: It's been a long HOT! summer and I for one am glad to see it coming to an end. Hope you get to make the WSPA Rye Patch Outing.

Take Care

Roger, probably not going to make the Rye outing. I actually go back to work then and need to plan for the next several outings around that :grrr01: . Hopefully I can make the annual GB outing, and a Rich Hill one in Oct. too. Jason :;):

Awesome haul for a long hard days work!

Franconia still has a few spots still providing irons as well as a couple of chrondites or two. Once you get into the "ZONE" your ears will start remembering what them little sounds are trying to say. Once again it looks like you are just hopping right back on the saddle.

Aloha for now,

Stan aka Kaimi

Stan, it's funny how that sound's, that a sound could sound so different from the original sound that was learned six months ago...if that makes any sound sense at all :Huh_anim]: :hmmmmmm: :shrug: :nutty: :grrr01: :smrt1: ??!? I was surprised how the chert sounded just like real thing, and that darn basalt. I guess I forgot how those sounded too. Whew, what a mouth full :tisc-tisc: . I hope to get back down there in the next few weeks, once the weather cools off a bit :PO2: . I need to hit some dry lakes or two as well, to see about finding those new finds and falls, like Mike and Paul :cool04: . OK, I'll quit while I'm ahead...take care for now, Jason. :;):