Nugget Shooter Forums

METEORITE HUNTING and COLLECTING

For Discussion related to hunting and collecting of Meteorites With or Without a Metal Detector

Meteorite Forum Guidelines

There are just a few rules here and yup I do enforce them and keep an eye on things as best I can. Here are a few guidelines I'd like you to follow if you will be participating here. This forum is not moderated as heavily as the other sections so please do not enter or open a topic if you think you will be offended. If you are at least respond like an adult or we will remove your post as soon as brought to our attention.

Vulgar and abusive language is not welcome here! Heck a cuss word to get a point across is not so bad, but I think you know what I mean.

I will not host public arguments and pissing matches between individuals here so please just don't do it. When it happens the post most times will simply vanish into cyber space.

Political or Religious posts belong in "Off Topic" but surly you can find other forums that host those discussions if it is your thing, I don't think anyone cares if you are Conservative or Liberal when we are out hunting gold nuggets.

You may not use this forum to advertise any other dealer, store, or product without written permission by owner at any time. Used items are allowed in the classified section.

This forum is not responsible for anything said by it's members at any time. This is a public forum and will remain so and although I can and will occasionally zap "bad content" I don't do it often and so far have never permanently banned a person. Also opinions expressed here do not always represent the opinion of the forum's owner!

Guests are welcome to browse the forum and use the information provided by registered members, but you can not post yourself until you are a registered member.

That is pretty much it my fellow Nugget Shooters so enjoy the forum, keep it clean and play nice.
Bill Southern

Well the rules here are a bit different as I welcome meteorites for sale you have collected or found yourself, but no store or dealer ads at any time and this includes eBay links! Naturally the main reason for this forum is education, but collecting is also a big part of this subject. So No crappy or degrading posts or they will be deleted, other than that post away!

Bill

2,619 topics in this forum

• 4 replies
    • 1k views
    • 3 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 3.5k views
  1. My Take on Achondrites

• 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 2 replies
  2. Meteorites For Sale

• 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
  3. New to hunting

• 14 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 3 replies
  4. Meteorite

• 9 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 1.6k views
    • 9 replies
  5. CA meteorite

• 11 replies
    • 35 replies
    • 1.9k views
    • 7 replies
  6. Perspective

• 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 7 replies
  7. ¿ What could it be ?

• 3 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    goldeurope
    Newest Member
    goldeurope
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• We smoke the whole duck then eat it with a homemade wild berry sauce. Or we will breast them out and smoke them with bacon wrapped around the breast chunks. Or take a whole mallard breast, butterfly it, then fill it with jalapeno cream cheese and wrap with bacon. That was dinner 3 nights ago. Mmmm...
    • I have been thinking about this for a while, especially Medina lake being deep and green it reminds me of being back in Washington when I fish it. It looks like a lake trout would love, I just don't know if there would be cool enough water with enough oxygen and food supply year round, but at 250 feet deep I would think so.
    • My favorite way to cook wild ducks is to stuff them with apples and celery and slow roast them in the oven for a couple hours while basting them with beer, wine & whiskey. Then, about 1/2 hour before they are finished cooking I dump out the apples and celery and rinse the cavity with beer before basting them again and putting them back in the oven.  Wild rice is a great side dish -- especially If you can get some real wild rice from Minnesota. Add a can of chicken broth to the wild rice when you cook it and add a stick of butter when it's done. If you don't want to go through all that trouble - or maybe want to eat some in camp and bring your max possession limit home -- you can breast them and fry them in a pan while sautéing them with beer, wine and whiskey. Serve the breasts with plain old white rice and sweet & sour sauce.  
    • Ben Lilly ate mountain lion and bear. He was one of the greatest hunters that ever lived. He spent most of his days in what is now the Gila National Forest in New Mexico. He is buried in Silver City. I have made pilgrimages to his grave several times and hunted all my life in the canyons he haunted. He hunted with a pack of hounds. He hunted men as well as lion and bear. He guided Teddy Roosevelt in an area that would become the first wilderness in the United States. The Alto Leopold wilderness just north of my home. He didn't eat puppies. I would like to think he had more sense than that. I would bet he didn't eat horses or mules either. Just a hunch. Be like Ben Lilly. Don't eat puppies. Be like 63% of New Mexicans and eat tacos. Don't be like the 37% who are eating crow.    
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Charlene
      Charlene
      (65 years old)
    2. wjbell
      wjbell
      (54 years old)