Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nugget Shooter

Meteorite Forum Rules

Well the rules here are a bit different as I welcome meteorites for sale! Naturally the main reason for this forum is education, but collecting is also a big part of this subject. So No crappy or degrading posts or they will be deleted, other than that post away!

Bill

• Like 2

Good to read about the sensible rules, which are obviously made to keep things pleasant and informative. I am new to this list. Thank you.

Hi Blackhills,

Welcome to the meteorite forum. I'm sure you will find it interesting. We all learn from each other and from time to time you can find meteorites for sale. This forum will also help you to expand your knowledge. Your input is welcome.

Bob

welcome Blackhills;

I am relatively new to this list too.But my short relationship has been great,educational and informative.I really appreciate the respect given by everybody.

Enjoy;Herman.

Howdy Blackhills,

Welcome to be sure and it will be the group that will make this another great place to learn. This is sort of a hunter gatherer sight also as many of us actively hunt for these great gifts from outer space. Just knowing that what we do is of great interest to science as well as...er....worth money makes it a rewarding pursuit.

There are also some very knowledgeable "lurkers" out there that perhaps can be coaxed to speak up with the right questions ;)

Cheers and look forward to your input!

Bill

I am new to this and know nothing about how to post topics, pictures, or otherwise, I collected rocks with my now EX-wife for 35 years and the of the gazillion she left behind, some might be meteorites. Any help on posting pics would help. I have bunches of rocks that might interest folks in this forum and I would love to inquire about some photos, ie. the magnification, how they got such clear images, etc. I have only a 56k modem and pics I take of my rocks take a long time to upload. When I try to zip them or compress them they get larger. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello all-

Personally I prefer going 4 the gold, but there are a lot of "spacerocks" on this site, as well as mineral specimens... Hope it's not old news for ya. Enjoy!!

~wyld~

P.s. http://www.goldnrocks.net/

Hello all, I am a new member here but life-long meteorite hunter so I am glad to be here as a new member. I like your rules, very simplistic and respectable. I am also into Au as well, so let us all mingle and share what we have with one another here. Good luck, and happy hunting!

Welcome to the forums Apex, glad to have ya aboard!

Welcome to the forums Apex, glad to have ya aboard!

Thank you Bill, glad to be aboard with all of you like-minded nuggetshooters.

I'm brand new to the nuggetshooters, but I'm already impressed by the way everyone handles business and topics. Looking forward to joining some supervised "hunts"

Stevemac

Hello, greetings to everyone, I'm Spanish, in my country there are communities of meteorite hunters, so google searching I found your site. I hope to learn much from you.

Welcome to the forum!

Well Bill ol' friend... here I be... Getting better every day since I last saw you at the Lancaster GPAA gold show'

At that time I was just getting able to walk with'a cane and totter around, still with my faithful companion of three

years, Mr.Derby Series who was disguised as a wheelchair. Mr Derby Series let me set in the front corner of

your standing room only informative "talk", where you welcomed all questions and explained them well.

Now all of you just open yer' copy of ADVANCED Prospecting & Detecting For Hardrock Gold... the one with

the words "with an expanded appendix on meteorites" on the cover Don't have one? Well Bill can get them

from JOBE. It was written especially for those out dry washing or detecting for gold (pgs. i- xix; and 1-84),

and/or seeking meteorites (pgs,86-117) as commonly found within the dry lakes; all of which is found

within the North Amercan Cordillera. More later... very tired ...jim

• Like 1

Jus' like the Ever Ready Energizer bunnie :yesss: Jim jus' still keeps on a running along-kudos and respect ol' friend-John

Hello all, I'm from California and a newbie to meteorites forums. I like the unrestricted rules. Cheers!

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2005 at 4:47 PM, Nugget Shooter said:

Well the rules here are a bit different as I welcome meteorites for sale! Naturally the main reason for this forum is education, but collecting is also a big part of this subject

fred