Nugget Shooter Forums
LipCa

So what do you do....

Won't fit in a bottle.

not all that pretty.

Crush it and you have nothing.

Guess it just can just sit in safety deposit?

I thought it was just another hot rock until it sung back at me.

dirty hot rock.jpg

• Like 11
  • well done 3

Great Find !!! , congrats LipCa....

Dave

Crap! nice find!!! :) Get some one to slab it and make pendents out of it :) Looks solid enough.

WTG :ya:

Tom H.

• Like 1

Its up to you Lipca. It looks fairly solid. It is a nice speci by its own right. leave it or slab it and cab it, but I wouldn't crush it. have you tested it for continuity?

AzNuggetBob

• Like 2

So what would I do...….I only wish I had this question/decision to figure out. Ha! Nice score :thumbsupanim

• Haha 1

Like Bob said, have you put a meter on it yet? That piece might take a acid bath pretty well or i would look at cutting it. Either way, awesome speci. 

Congratulations! Great find!!

Let us know what you decide!

Chris 

Not all that pretty????  Well, the eye of this beholder thinks she's a beaut!!!!  Great piece of Mother Nature's artwork.  Thanks for making my morning...

Great looking chispa!

It is perfect just like it is isn't it? Just the right size to carry and not get lost. Not too fragile, not so valuable you can't carry it around and enjoy it a bit... Why do a darn thing at all with it? 

I'd make a little medicine bag for it and carry it around for good luck. A solid little piece of float like that is a cool carrying piece. 

Edited by Bedrock Bob

I'd go back and try find the rest of that vein. That's what I'd do. :thumbsupanim 

1 hour ago, Micro Nugget said:

Not all that pretty????  Well, the eye of this beholder thinks she's a beaut!!!!  Great piece of Mother Nature's artwork.  Thanks for making my morning...

Same here.....a stunning piece...

Yes, it is a nice piece.  Please feel welcome, LipCa, to send it my way if you really don't like looking at it.  I'll message you my mailing address shortly. 

If it was me, I'd leave it just like it is, and then go back and look for more where it came from.  There's never just one.  It might have a big brother that inherited most of the gold in the family.

Yeah, I think she's beautiful!  I don't know that I would crush it.   I'd save that piece for future stories.

• Like 1

Don't crush it man that's a nice piece! Maybe not the best but certainly not ugly. Nice find for sure. :thumbsupanim

I would save it as is. Soak it in Whink Rust Remover for a week to bleach the quartz white. You'll have a really nice looking specimen.

You are lucky to be in an area were the float is so durable and pieces like that are possible. In the placers I hunt the ore is rotten and oxidized and if you find a chispa it is small and really rusty looking. Most ore I find is definitely not aesthetic no matter how much gold it has showing. And if you do find gold in a more solid gangue material it is dark smokey grey microcrystalline quartz. Not pretty snowballs laced with gold like in Califaztlan.

The durable quartz gangue holds the gold together and allows it to travel farther and stay bigger. In the placers I am familiar with it goes from a rich vein bearing coarse gold to micro particles in just a few hundred yards. You will rarely find chispas unless you are within feet and inches from the vein. And when you do they are just butt ugly balls of rusty quartz granules held together by gold.

So even a little ball of pretty quartz like that is mighty cool. 

• Like 2

I've soaked quartz in wink for an extended time before and the quartz turned a yellow color. It was carried to where it was by a glacier. Not much chance in finding where it came from. Quartz is fractured pretty good on the side with the gold. Some quartz came off when I washed it up. Thanks for the complements.

I consider it to be a trophy. It's like catching a 10-pound bass except you don't need to have a taxidermy mount it. The good lord has already made it perfect. 

• Like 1

Very nice find !!

I agree with everyone who said to keep it as it is and maybe carry it around from time to time.  :thumbsupanim

Congrats !!  :yesss:

Very nice find :ya: Love the specimens...