Nugget Shooter Forums

Posted (edited)

Sure, hunter's game blind works every time. 🙃

Probably would make a nice porta-potty too!

Edited by Red_desert

Not such a good idea here Red since it's against the law to hunt. The porta potty idea is a good one except 

when the thieves here steal the blind it would leave you kinda exposed. 

Went there again today, low and slow around all the big clumps of 7' weeds. 10:00 the sun is so hot it just

fries the skin. No shade there except where I'm not going alone. I did get close enough to see a big coffee 

pot siting on a stand with hot coals underneath. I'm guessing the coals were hot since a little bit of smoke

was rising from them. 

• Like 1

So, hunting animals is illegal. Sounds like the locals steal anything they want and can get their hands on.

Red in countries they have a lot of poverty a lot of stealing goes on, survival. 

Like most places that have rules hunger over rides the rules. Pleanty a hunting goes on

but mostly by the farmers. 

Since I'm a visitor with a "green card" I have to be especally careful to follow the rules. 

• Like 1

Yeah...you just have to be careful, 👀

20180718_153228.jpg

• Like 3

NOT MINE! Belongs to a guy that brought it by my house hoping I would buy it. He wanted over spot so no deal.

Told him if he wanted to take it out of Brazil he would have to wear it out. Like around his neck. So he came back

with the link for a chain on it. 38 grams sure is a beauty. 

• Like 1

That's the way to do it--- especially now , I just flew out of Brasilia last week and the Federal Police gave me a going over like I've never had in last 14 years.

Hi Mac, shoulda gave me a call, maybe had a beer. 

I don't know what's going on, normally the PM's here are  two in a car that  patrol the streets for 12 hrs but now for the

last two weeks cops everywhere. In groups of three standing on the streets and from one end of town to the other  probably around 20-30 cops. 

Brasilia is tough on Americans leaving and entering Brazil. That's why I book my own flights so I go to San Paulo instead. 

Like that nugget I just posted a couple of days ago, put it on a chain and wear it out. It's still possible to be asked where you bought it and how much you paid and they usually want to see a receipt from where you bought it. 

Later Mac

It was a quick trip under not so good circumstances ( death in wife's family). My presence was was mostly to make sure she and the kids could get out--- very strict laws about only one parent leaving with kids.

Had to come back earlier than planned as my nephew was killed in a car crash in Georgia.

I do miss this time of year down there--- just too hot here in Wickenburg to go beeping...

Yea Mac know all about traveling with kids when your the only adult. When I bring my grand-son up with me I have 

to have all kinds of paperwork with me so the Fed. Police will let us even throught the bording gate. 

Sorry about your wife's family and your Nephew. 

5.8gr skunk breaker

20180728_090411.jpg

• Like 4

20180731_081429.jpg 

2.0 grams about 3 inches deep in bad minerals dirt. 

• Like 2

Looks nice on my new 17+ laptop screen. Just now upgraded to a newer one. My other was a 15+ WIN 7 upgrade to WIN 10. Need to get the new Ethernet cable you need to hook up the flat screen TV.  A 29" TV hooked up to a laptop is the best way to view minerals, especially gold. Some things just don't show up very well on the laptop screen.

On 7/31/2018 at 6:30 AM, garimpo said:

20180731_081429.jpg 

2.0 grams about 3 inches deep in bad minerals dirt. 

That's a beauty, Garimpo.  I see eagle wings.

• Like 1

1.1 gr good for VLF

20180731_081304.jpg

• Like 5

Don, I know you'll beat that skunk to death...WTG! :thumbsupanim

Got a couple more, now have to clean'm up, dry'm and see what their weight is, tomorrow. 

Drove by my olf patch today, 50 yards to the right, turned around and continued home.

20180814_151516.jpg

• Haha 1

Definitely, a couple of very different looking nuggets.

RD here the minerals are a real pain. They can change every few feet. To get these last few nuggest I had to do a lot of walking. 

Some of them could be in a patch but the vegatation is just to thick to cover the ground good.