Nugget Shooter Forums

Well we got our second down burst and storm from the East this year and when they come from that way we can really get nailed and we did. Huge amounts of rain in a shot time, like I mean an inch in 15 minutes. Peeled the roofing up on the new awning (roof) the insurance company paid for from last year and generally made a huge mess.

But all that water likely changed the landscape at LSD so as soon as there is enough light I am out for nuggets.... Well crumb chasing.... Got 3 yesterday.

Should be fun, buggy, muddy, and hopefully tag a wild free ranging dink....

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

We're not getting any here,still waiting !:desertsmile:
Good Luck this morning.

• Like 1

When it comes out of the NE, Frank hogs it all !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Very close to where Bill lives, but no rains.  I got the winds, but no downpour in my part of Surprise, about 15 miles from the LSD.  I don't know If its that I'm 3 miles east of the Northern part of the White Tanks and in a rain dead spot or what or maybe I can blame it on global warming and get the UN to subsidize my water bill, but we get so much less rain then the areas immediately surrounding us.  A couple times this year the East Valley had enough flooding to have swift water rescues, but out here, I was enjoying a cloudy, breezy day.

• Like 1

Wickenburg got slammed hard Sat night!  It was awesome!  Wish I could get out!  Cheers, Unc

• Like 2

Now, on Monday night, it looks like LSD area and Morristown are getting hammered ... Cheers, Unc

Yup we finally had the "Eastern Mombo" Lots of lightning and rain Monday late. Much needed rain.:thumbsupanim

You guys are making me homesick and in need of a gold fix! Last Tourney one month from tomorrow and then back home. Save a couple nuggets for me! :4chsmu1:

• Like 2

Again pounded last night, except for where I live.  On the way home from work, Surprize. AZ, near Wittman, trees were over three lanes of traffic on 162 going North off Grand, but at my house more in the center of Surprise, the sidewalks were nearly dry when I got home.  I imagine that rain could have moved a lot up at the LSD.

It did rain a bit out here. Quite a bit actually.  Every wash in the area has been running lately. I drove out to Jackass flats yesterday morning to scope it out and all the washes I drove across were turned over.

There was some crazy lightning out here too. There was one huge bolt that hit no more than a few hundred yards away. I could smell the ozone and when it hit there was a loud bang followed by a eerie green flash that rose from the ground and glowed brightly  for a few seconds afterwards.

• Like 3
  • wow 1