Nugget Shooter Forums

I just joined up, I was familiar with Bill due to a seminar he & Kevin Hoagland gave some time ago on the finer points of using metal detectors for gold. I've been detecting since 1971, but got more involved in gold prospecting with detectors after my back no longer allowed me to do much drywashing. Mostly I hunt north of Randsburg in the El Paso moutains. My tools are the Gold bug 2, Gold bug pro & a recent addition of the Nokta Au Gold finder machine.  I'm just about 78 yrs old,  still sharp & am getting around well in the out back. Looking forward to exchanging info with like minded folks!  I'll shut up for now.   

• Like 1

Hey! Welcome to the group. Shoot away with questions and such if you have any.

Drywashing  is tough! Leave it for the younger kids :) 

Tom H.

Welcome to the forum and the insanity Al ... You are doing well to be out there at 78 ... hope i can do as well ... I'm 69! :old::)

Hello and welcome, MescalAl.  Nice to have another youngster here.

Thank you all for the welcome!  Tom H. mentioned braking & fixing stuff. Along that line, I'm handy at fixing old tube style radios. Used to be in radio & TV repair at various shops before transistors came in. I also spend some time shooting, mostly handguns, been shooting since my teen age years. Love spending time in the desert, especially when it's in bloom!  I've been in the antelope valley since 1970(that's where the space shuttles were built). They would occasionally land at Edward's AFB here in the valley. Been hoping to re-settle in Arizona for quite some time. One of two daughters lives in Az.  My bad back limits me to the amount of time I can hike around & search for nuggets, but I get out as often as I can. Just being out is great!

• Like 2