Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LowPoint

Here ya go,..."OMG!!"

You should not be allowed to post links

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmmmmm 1

Hard to wrap your brain around those nuggets.
Have ever seen the big full size square pick mark in the hand of faith nugget? and if you see it on display and if its rotating and it doesn't have the pick mark on the back, the side they normally don't show, its the copy that they often put on display. Ive seen the original in person. someone was digging in the right spot. just got a little carried away with their pick. the funny thing is it may have been done by the old timers. it was found in a worked wash.
AzNuggetBob

WELL,..............Some of ya expressed a desire (not so long ago) to be shown more "eye candy"  So there ya go,....feast on that for a while. 

It's just not fair that Arizona had no history of Vikings, nor Bronze Age, Iron Age, or Anglo Saxon activities to leave us all their trash to detect.  Even the darn Spanish frigate's didn't make it this far,............Bummer. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LowPoint said:

Even the darn Spanish frigate's didn't make it this far,............Bummer. 

No but the Spanish did. they were here in Az. at minimum back to 1692

AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob

Viewing those big nuggets just stokes my imagination so well...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Micro Nugget said:

Viewing those big nuggets just stokes my imagination so well...

Welcome to reality Micro nugget.

AzNuggetBob

Micro nugget Im not trying to rip you over the comment. just trying to correct it as I understood it. AzNuggetBob

13 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

Hard to wrap your brain around those nuggets.
Have ever seen the big full size square pick mark in the hand of faith nugget? and if you see it on display and if its rotating and it doesn't have the pick mark on the back, the side they normally don't show, its the copy that they often put on display. Ive seen the original in person. someone was digging in the right spot. just got a little carried away with their pick. the funny thing is it may have been done by the old timers. it was found in a worked wash.
AzNuggetBob

I have often wondered about marks on some of the nuggets I have found over the years....Knowing any marks on specimens and nuggets devalue the nugget or specimens to collectors. But....some of the marks actually look as if they were done long ago as they lack that bright shine of a fresh hit..scrape from the pick. Regardless....those old marks on the nuggets make them pretty cool ...and many probably were just missed and tossed by way of the end of the shovel !! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Relichunter2016

I agree there is an area over above Weaver creek that all the nuggets are in an ancient placer. they are all super smooth on top but on the bottom they have straight line scrape marks. Its almost like they were pushed down the mountain by boulders. but the scrape marks are worn and smoothed almost like it happened during a single earlier event? but the scrape marks are almost a trademark for that old wash. If you see two of them together you would know what I mean.

AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob

12 minutes ago, AzNuggetBob said:

Relichunter2016

I agree there is an area over above Weaver creek that all the nuggets are in an ancient placer. they are all super smooth on top but on the bottom they have straight line scrape marks. Its almost like they were pushed down the mountain by boulders. but the scrape marks are worn and smoothed almost like it happened during a single earlier event? but the scrape marks are almost a trademark for that old wash. If you see two of them together you would know what I mean.

AzNuggetBob

GPS Coord's Please,.....:4chsmu1:......Maybe there will be a bit of old Spanish hoard over there as well  :ROFL: Gary

• Like 1

No, no Spanish hoard that I know of but there is a nugget hoard.

AzNuggetbob

Ok I've heard a few rumors. AzNuggetBob

I'd like to know which metal detectors were used to find the hands of faith and the boot of cortez.

Didn't realize that many gold artifacts had been found in England. Almost makes me want to move over there myself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morlock said:

I'd like to know which metal detectors were used to find the hands of faith and the boot of cortez.

Didn't realize that many gold artifacts had been found in England. Almost makes me want to move over there myself.

The Boot of Cortez, was found with a Radio Shack metal detector.

bootofcortez.jpg

• Like 2

Wasn't the boot of Cortez found only like 2 miles from the US Mexico border? 

The Spanish starting with Cortez in 1540, picked up their trash, and that's why we don't find anything here in AZ.  Either that or they were really few and far between, never really settled AZ.  Cortez supposedly lost a small chest full of pearls, perhaps its in the AZ trek of his journey.

Thanks, Morlock

Have you ever looked at Google Earth of the area? What would be its Coordinates? It would be really interesting to see it from the satellite. 

9 hours ago, fishing8046 said:

Wasn't the boot of Cortez found only like 2 miles from the US Mexico border? 

Well if that`s the case, I`m packed up and moving :thumbsupanim

11 hours ago, fishing8046 said:

Thanks, Morlock

Have you ever looked at Google Earth of the area? What would be its Coordinates? It would be really interesting to see it from the satellite. 

Use Google Earth. It's a very interesting area.