Nugget Shooter Forums
Jimale

Your opinion welcomed

Hi everyone 

The first rock is magnetic and heavy with crust 

The second one is also magnetic, it looks like it has holes but they are not pronounced to underside of the rock 

20180712_123418-1-1.jpg

DSC01092-1-1.jpg

DSC01115-1-1.jpg

DSC01089-1-1.jpg

DSC00183-1.jpg

DSC00192-1.jpg

DSC00261.JPG

You are confusing "fusion crust" with weathering. The rock in the first photo has no fusion crust. It is an earthly rock whose alkaline chemistry has been weathered by an acid environment on the surface. Looks like it has undergone some mechanical weathering too. Check out photos of meteorites with fusion crust and compare. 

Both rocks are easily identifiable earthly stones. You can see where the forces on earth have been a part in their creation. Part of meteorite ID is ruling out common earth rocks. A few hours spent learning earth rocks will help your search.

Learn basic meteorite ID and go through the steps. If it sticks to the magnet cut a window in it. Look for free metal flakes. Learn what fusion crust looks like and how it weathers. That is the very basic meteorite ID process. It is the next step in this hobby after you learn to find rocks that stick to magnets.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

You are confusing "fusion crust" with weathering. The rock in the first photo has no fusion crust. It is an earthly rock whose alkaline chemistry has been weathered by an acid environment on the surface. Looks like it has undergone some mechanical weathering too. Check out photos of meteorites with fusion crust and compare. 

Both rocks are easily identifiable earthly stones. You can see where the forces on earth have been a part in their creation. Part of meteorite ID is ruling out common earth rocks. A few hours spent learning earth rocks will help your search.

Learn basic meteorite ID and go through the steps. If it sticks to the magnet cut a window in it. Look for free metal flakes. Learn what fusion crust looks like and how it weathers. That is the very basic meteorite ID process. It is the next step in this hobby after you learn to find rocks that stick to magnets.

Bob on the third photo look at chipped off area of the rock that is where it hit the ground, and that is sometimes referedo to as partial fusion crust.

For the last photograph, keenly look at the matrix and compare it with an iron meteroite before etched.it is magnetic so is it a magnetite or hematite? Thanks 

2 hours ago, Jimale said:

Bob on the third photo look at chipped off area of the rock that is where it hit the ground, and that is sometimes referedo to as partial fusion crust.

For the last photograph, keenly look at the matrix and compare it with an iron meteroite before etched.it is magnetic so is it a magnetite or hematite? Thanks 

Yes I see exactly what you mean! Suddenly these DO look like meteorites and I think you are really on to something here! My opinion now is that these both have positive indications that they are meteorites. It was that partial fusion crust and the spot there where it came out of orbit and hit the ground that I did not notice until you pointed it out. These are obviously meteorites!

I invest in meteorites. I would love to buy yours! No use doing any further identification at all. How much do you want for the pair?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • well done 1

Jimale
The first rock, I don't have a clue, cant tell without a window and I don't see any signs of fusion crust or flight marks at all.

The rock in the photo that looks very porous with all the holes appears to be cumulative Hydro-thermal. they are magmatic and can be magnetic. I do see a lot of signs of water or steam flowing through it. they form in a in or near a volcanic vent and it may have been blasted out by large a volcanic eruption.
https://www.britannica.com/science/mineral-deposit/Magmatic-cumulates

You asked, JMHO
AzNuggetBob

• Like 1
  • well done 1

9 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

Jimale
The first rock, I don't have a clue, cant tell without a window and I don't see any signs of fusion crust or flight marks at all.

The rock in the photo that looks very porous with all the holes appears to be cumulative Hydro-thermal. they are magmatic and can be magnetic. I do see a lot of signs of water or steam flowing through it. they form in a in or near a volcanic vent and it may have been blasted out by large a volcanic eruption.

You asked, JMHO
AzNuggetBob

What about that broken corner in the third photo? It is obviously "partial fusion crust" and was knocked off there by a fall from the heavens. Earth rocks just don't chip off like that. And the second photo looks just like an iron meteorite before it is etched. Incontrovertible proof that both of these rocks are indeed from the rings around Uranus. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmmmmm 2

Ive got some rocks I want to sell you. AzNuggetBob

38 minutes ago, AzNuggetBob said:

Ive got some rocks I want to sell you. AzNuggetBob

I will take any rocks that you have with broken corners. This could only be caused from falling from the sky. Most will turn out to be unetched irons. I pay cash money. You must prove you have stones with verifiable chipped corners and I will pay $50 Dinar per kilo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

with broken corners

To darn funny Bedrock .....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adam said:

To darn funny Bedrock .....

Thanks Adam. I am a humorous guy. After a few beers I can generate electricity with nothing but potty jokes and a gum wrapper.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

e

18 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Thanks Adam. I am a humorous guy. After a few beers I can generate electricity with nothing but potty jokes and a gum wrapper.

How exactly do you do that? just wondering. AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob

16 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

Jimale

You asked, JMHO
AzNuggetBob

AzNuggetBob

If u can't comprehend the first one to be a meteroite , rather have no clue about it , then in the first place it was never wise for u to comment on matter pertaining to meteroites,  secondly,  nothing porous here , it's typically Wethering taking place on the meteroite, it do happen to iron meteroites when materials like iron sulfide which is believed to be  soft erodes, then such kind of vesicles like image is formed. 

Jimale

• Like 1
  • Irritated 1

Jimale, you should have titled this thread,  " Fu#k Your Opinion, Every rock I find is a Meteorite"

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • well done 1

Jimale,

Why are you even asking if you are so sure that what you have are meteorites? You posted normal rocks in the past and your doing it again, what gives?:idunno:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jimale said:

AzNuggetBob

If u can't comprehend the first one to be a meteroite , rather have no clue about it , then in the first place it was never wise for u to comment on matter pertaining to meteroites,  secondly,  nothing porous here , it's typically Wethering taking place on the meteroite, it do happen to iron meteroites when materials like iron sulfide which is believed to be  soft erodes, then such kind of vesicles like image is formed. 

Jimale

I am so happy you came here to speak the truth my friend. Too many people believe the fake news of science. Only experienced meteorite men know about iron sulphides and partial fusion crust. Never let anyone tell you that these are not meteorites. Now that many people see them on the internet you must guard them as they may be very valuable. It is wise to delete the pictures before thieves locate you. Many would rob you for the riches that these stones would bring. Be careful my friend!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

AzNuggetBob

Jimale

Jimale......im pretty sure Bob knows rocks, hes only been doing this for about 40 years.

Tom H.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I am so happy you came here to speak the truth my friend. Too many people believe the fake news of science. Only experienced meteorite men know about iron sulphides and partial fusion crust. Never let anyone tell you that these are not meteorites. Now that many people see them on the internet you must guard them as they may be very valuable. It is wise to delete the pictures before thieves locate you. Many would rob you for the riches that these stones would bring. Be careful my friend!

Bedrock 

They can even come for this rare one , though meteroites don't always look like they appear in photographs, with such little knowledge they will not find  it 

2018-07-14_03.14.02.jpg

2018-07-14_03.17.07.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimale said:

Bedrock 

They can even come for this rare one , though meteroites don't always look like they appear in photographs, with such little knowledge they will not find  it 

2018-07-14_03.14.02.jpg

2018-07-14_03.17.07.jpg

1 hour ago, Jimale said:

Bedrock 

2018-07-14_03.14.02.jpg

2018-07-14_03.17.07.jpg

I'll give you a penny for it if you pay the shipping.

• Haha 1

Bedrock 

Your immense knowledge will protect you from meteroite thieves. Only you can know the true meteroites. To all others they appear to be normal earthly rocks. This is proof of your special skills and knowledge. Fools only see what they want to see.

I have learned so much about partial fusion crust and soft iron sulphides from your posts. I cannot thank you enough for showing me the truth about these meteroites!

Please be careful Jimale! Wise men like you are so often misunderstood. Your complete ignorance on the subject is so much more valuable than any scientific fact or logical observation. It is almost like knowledge just comes to you from thin air. A sure sign of a very stable genius Jimale!

Edited by Bedrock Bob
  • Haha 3
  • well done 1

Bob, 

You may have started a bidding war on rare African Leaverites......

It is great to have you back on your game!

Your wit and wisdom have been missed here.

Have another beer and write on!

Jeff

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Your immense knowledge will protect you from meteroite thieves. Only you can know the true meteroites. To all others they appear to be normal earthly rocks. This is proof of your special skills and knowledge. Fools only see what they want to see.

I have learned so much about partial fusion crust and soft iron sulphides from your posts. I cannot thank you enough for showing me the truth about these meteroites!

Please be careful Jimale! Wise men like you are so often misunderstood. Your complete ignorance on the subject is so much more valuable than any scientific fact or logical observation. It is almost like knowledge just comes to you from thin air. A sure sign of a very stable genius Jimale!

Bedrock 

I can understand that u are not yourself, when intoxicated pliz try to act the audience part instead of the player, I wonder the type of scientific discourse and logical observation needed in collecting meteroites in a desert where terrestrial rock are hardly found , equally in North africa bedouins collect and sell meteroites to middle men, the same is what you buy and learn as lunar and mars meteroites, your ego is so big, Make A merica great again !

In an area where terrestrial rocks are hardly found you are batting a thousand. Congrats!

An audience is what you desired and exactly what you got. So what more do you want? If you are searching for someone who actually thinks these are meteorites you probably need to keep looking. Otherwise we can pretend some more. I am down with whatever game you want to play.

Edited by Bedrock Bob
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, pairadiceau said:

Bob, 

You may have started a bidding war on rare African Leaverites......

It is great to have you back on your game!

Your wit and wisdom have been missed here.

Have another beer and write on!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff!

Leaverite is a terrestrial rock.  The term "fecolite" is the proper term for space rocks that turn out to be sh!t. Some have partial fusion crust and others have soft iron sulphide inclusions. Many are obviously volcanic extrusives that look exactly like unetched iron "meteroites". Any stone with a corner broken off is also classified as a fecolite. They are often oriented with the blunt end forward and tapered at the rear due to the fact that fecolites come straight outta Uranus at cosmic speeds.

The rocks in this post are genuine fecolites. A wise investor would snap them up for their collection before the Bedouins get their hands on them and sell them to the middlemen. 

• Thanks 1
  • well done 1

I am beginning to think that Nuggetshooter has either been hacked by the Russians, or someone was out trolling and is being fed with everything sent his way.

33 minutes ago, chrisski said:

I am beginning to think that Nuggetshooter has either been hacked by the Russians, or someone was out trolling and is being fed with everything sent his way.

Can't get away for this Russia hysteria.....lol. :barnie: