Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jimale

first time to cut sunspect meteroite

2018-07-10_19.11.32.jpg

2018-07-10_19.05.29.jpg

Posted (edited)

JImale,

It doesn't look anything like a meteorite.

billpeters

Edited by billpeters

Jimale, 

I'm glad to see your taking a proper step toward identification, you should really try to get your hands on a genuine meteorite from somebody reputable. You obviously have real passion for the hobby and for hunting so it would be a worthy investment for your future. The stones you're recovering so far have not had the correct features of a actual meteorites, so I really think it would be a very valuable tool for you!!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rocky said:

Jimale, 

I'm glad to see your taking a proper step toward identification, you should really try to get your hands on a genuine meteorite from somebody reputable. You obviously have real passion for the hobby and for hunting so it would be a worthy investment for your future. The stones you're recovering so far have not had the correct features of a actual meteorites, so I really think it would be a very valuable tool for you!!!

Rocky,

I have had sold kilos of serich pallasite from kenya to many dealers from all over the world and still have more, I remember posting some images here of the same stuff. So the question me visiting a museums or buying one from whtathe u called 'reputable' is out of quesition. for those who believe what am posting are not meteroites then it means, there are meteroites of the East and the West  of many world.

Edited by Jimale
Missing some words

45 minutes ago, Jimale said:

for those who believe what am posting are not meteroites then it means, there are meteroites of the East and the West  of many world.

I can tell you right now that the picture you posted here is not a meteorite and I'm not sure what you mean by the statement above.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Morlock said:

I can tell you right now that the picture you posted here is not a meteorite and I'm not sure what you mean by the statement above.

I mean we go meteroites  by definition, we are discussing  documented one,by definition  I believe am posting something worth doing, whoever disagree has right to opinion, no one can curtail it but I will not accept intimidation and innuendos, from some shenanigans.

20180711_171702-1-1.jpg

• Hmmmmmm 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jimale said:

Rocky,

I have had sold kilos of serich pallasite from kenya to many dealers from all over the world and still have more, I remember posting some images here of the same stuff. So the question me visiting a museums or buying one from whtathe u called 'reputable' is out of quesition. for those who believe what am posting are not meteroites then it means, there are meteroites of the East and the West  of many world.

I remember you posting those pictures of the Sericho pallasite and perhaps that's the truth because in retrospect I believe those may have been pallasites, and you are very fortunate for that as well, but that doesn't mean you are recovering stone meteorites now, they are two very different meteorites we are dealing with here. If you look at the majority of the stones you have posted so far they all look like terrestrial earth bearing rocks. I think you need to really search through the pictures of chondrite/stone meteorites on the internet carefully, they accurately represent the composition for the most part, and the tests are all important, they need to pass the tests. If they don't and you still believe you have a HED or some other rare meteorite you need to convince a professional to confirm and prove that for you.

Edited by Rocky

Well, if you think there's shenianigans on this board because everyone keeps telling you most of your photos are NOT meteorites, I suggest you find a reputable meteorite person in Kenya. They will tell you the exact same thing. Most of your photos are NOT meteorites.

• Like 1