Nugget Shooter Forums
TomH

Just a friendly reminder...the MONSOONS are coming

Couple of past pics of us getting stuck in the rain and cooler days.  :4chsmu1:

Cooler days will come folks....don't despair!

Just trying to keep us all cool. :)

Tom H.

White Spar Prescott.jpg

DSC02329.JPG

5.JPG

e.JPG

g.JPG

h.JPG

DSC02643.JPG

• Like 5
  • well done 1

That homeless guy in the second pic looks familiar. .:inocent:

..the monsoons sure can bring some needed relief from the heat. Lots of rain up here today 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Did some mid day nugget shooting today and got totally smoked. Cant wait for the monsoon to get rolling. Plus I'm having dredging withdraws. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, adam said:

That homeless guy in the second pic looks familiar. .:inocent:

..the monsoons sure can bring some needed relief from the heat. Lots of rain up here today 

I will give Adams left nut for some cooler weather and rain in Salome. My bank acct is having serious withdrawals feeding my ACs :00000067:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I remember the first picture when you guys wouldn't let me have a garbage bag to keep myself dry.  Tom H and Boulderdash don't respect their elders when it comes to rain and hail.  I got soaked to the bone while I took their picture.  Those squalls come up fast in the Prescott area.   

Ever get caught in a lightning/hail storm in the middle of a lake?  Carbon fiber fishing rods don't help either.    :th_rain-umbrella:

Old Tom

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

No they don't! My cousin got hit that way. Out fishing when he should have been headed to shore.

The clouds are building in the north against the Bradshaws. It is coming soon. Hopefully in a day or so. :th_rain-umbrella:

OT do you remember when we got stuck in one? I remember hugging the side of a big rock wall in the wash, trying to stay downwind...and the whole time your son rode it out in the yota! Apparently he was the smarter of us that day. :25r30wi:

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, ArcticDave said:

OT do you remember when we got stuck in one? I remember hugging the side of a big rock wall in the wash, trying to stay downwind...and the whole time your son rode it out in the yota! Apparently he was the smarter of us that day. :25r30wi:

Yeah, I remember so well.  Nowhere to go but hug that sheer rock wall looking at each other while getting rain trickling down your back.  Some fun but at least we got a couple that day.  Memories...………………….

Old Tom

• Like 2

Yup. We'll make some more this season :yesss:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Old Tom said:

I remember the first picture when you guys wouldn't let me have a garbage bag to keep myself dry.  Tom H and Boulderdash don't respect their elders when it comes to rain and hail.  I got soaked to the bone while I took their picture.  Those squalls come up fast in the Prescott area.   

Ever get caught in a lightning/hail storm in the middle of a lake?  Carbon fiber fishing rods don't help either.    :th_rain-umbrella:

Old Tom

BLAH...quit whining...... we had to protect the expensive detectors....

You needed a bath anyway :4chsmu1:

Tom H.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ArcticDave said:

No they don't! My cousin got hit that way. Out fishing when he should have been headed to shore.

The clouds are building in the north against the Bradshaws. It is coming soon. Hopefully in a day or so. :th_rain-umbrella:

LOL....I was just 5 min. slower than you two about heading out. Just got out to the front of the YOTO and it DUMPED!!!!. Threw the detector in and I followed and sat there for about 10 mins. thinking "those poor SOBs are getting soaked" .Rained so hard the YOTO leaked a little on me :)..Ha Ha...Good memories :yesss:

Tom H.

Edited by TomH
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Dad running from a Squall. That storm came in fast!

Dang lightning hitting...where to you go? Just pick a tree and hope it doesnt hit ya :yesss:

Just a little south of Prescott.

Tom H.

englishpops.jpg

Edited by TomH
More info
  • Haha 3

Now we know Old Tom's secret to longevity, jogging in the rain!! :wee:

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, TomH said:

Rained so hard the YOTO leaked a little on me :)

Tom H.

Awwww...you poor thing! :25r30wi:

• Haha 2

On 7/7/2018 at 12:12 AM, TomH said:

Couple of past pics of us getting stuck in the rain and cooler days.  :4chsmu1:

Cooler days will come folks....don't despair!

Just trying to keep us all cool. :)

Tom H.

White Spar Prescott.jpg

DSC02329.JPG

5.JPG

e.JPG

g.JPG

h.JPG

DSC02643.JPG

Anyone notice the similarity to the first picture?

https://goo.gl/images/TSTMTQ

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Old Tom said:

Old Tom

Yes I have. Spent our last day together with a friend I called my "big brother" on woods canyon lake. Out on a floating lightning rod in the middle of the "lake" (pond is more like it...). Strikes all around us. Exciting for sure.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Morlock said:

Anyone notice the similarity to the first picture? 

The first pic was taken up White Spar Rd. outside of Prescott, and the last was at Willow Springs Lake on the rim.  Both were in hail and lightning and very intense.  Wonderful experiences when all comes out well.  :th_rain-umbrella:

Old Tom

• Like 1