Nugget Shooter Forums
mcgator

4 July Dinks and a little Hmmmm?

These are some 4th of July dinks that were scratched off the side of this hill. Awhile back I had noticed this area on top of a hill above a wash where the rocks had been neatly racked off indicating somebody was working a patch. I returned this spot and worked my way down toward the wash finding a couple of dinks last weekend. I returned on the 4th and got several more off the pictured bank. This spot is 25 feet above the wash and about half way to the top of the hill with about the same slope shown. I would think those tiny dinks would be a lot rougher but were well rounded like they had been traveling down a wash. A couple were a little rough but the others not some much. So maybe this gold was deposited from two different time periods and not necessarily coming from a source toward the top of the hill. Of course I'm probably over thinking it too.

20180705_091705.jpg

Side Hill.jpg

• Like 5
  • well done 2

Yea, nice looking rounded-dinks there.  Where you somewhere down in the Bumble Bee area of Arizona??  That type ground sure looks familiar.  If it is, I'll bet you got hotter than the hinges-of-hates if you where down there after 10 or 11 am yesterday.  The "cool pines of Prescott" weren't so cool yesterday at about that time either.  Based on your picture, where you were may have been an ancient river bed that (due to tectonic geologic forces) had been raised up eons ago; which had created the present day wash below it today.  Gary

It is near Bumble Bee. What you said makes sense on the uplifting. Thanks!

Thats how you do it ...Just think about how many detectors passed that gold up... Nice work !:yesss:

• Like 1

Adam, you are the MAN!:thumbsupanim

Great story and great read.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2018 at 7:42 PM, adam said:

Thats how you do it ...Just think about how many detectors passed that gold up... Nice work !:yesss:

I bet I have. Way to go mcgator!

Nice piece of work.  Regularly getting the tiny ones is the mark of a seasoned nuggetshooter.

Thanks for the pictures and the story, I like to hear why golds where it's at.Nice gold as well grats on the finds.

stephen