Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LowPoint

"THAT'S IT,....WE ALL AGREE!!!!!"

Yep,... "Me, Myself, and I" all agree (and concur) that "SUMMER AND IT'S RELENTLESS HEAT "SUCKS!"" :evil1::grr01::2mo5pow:  I think that there should be only 3-seasons:  Spring, Fall, and Winter,; and take the summer and it's heat and give it to the east coast. That way "those"(Insane-ones) who want the heat can go to the east coast and "bask and swelter-in-it".  ............Anyway,.... I headed out this morning around 7am and it was about 67 degrees and nice out on the Lynx.  I managed to snag two nuggets along with 6 lead slugs.  I kind of like finding the lead, as it tells me that no one has detected the area as yet (or not very well anyway).  The largest nugget I found today was in an exposed bedrock spot ( up higher up on the bank) that had multiple signals (targets)....What's up with that??? :nutty: When I started digging them ( one-at-a-time) the first four targets where lead slugs :ROFL: "Drats,".....Now,....."if" I was the way that I was when I first started detecting (many years ago) I would have gotten frustrated with all this slug-trash and just walked away looking for better ground.  But I have learned over the years (thru multiple experiences like this one) that "if" gold is in the area, many times it will lay hidden down amongst, or deeper than the lead slugs.....  And sure enough, the fifth target was a nugget.:yesss:  The other nugget (the flattest one) gave off the faintest of faint signals, as it was ( I think) sitting sideways down 2-3" down in a bedrock crack at a different spot in the same wash.  The other two smaller nuggets I had found last week using my Z-7000 in another pounded patch.  :desertsmile::Diggin_a_hole:Gary      

SAM_0443.JPG

SAM_0446.JPG

• Like 10
  • well done 1

WTG on the gold and getting out Gary. Nice finds :) 

Actually this year is cooler than last year right now. I keep reminding myself of that......it doesnt help :ROFL:

Heck, Prescott is 15 deg cooler than down here right now.
Tom

• Like 1

Congratulatiosn on the gold...BUT whatever you do don't send any heat to the east coast. well at least the southeast coast, for the last two weeks we have been in the mid to high nineties and it looks much the same for next week, which yes I know ya'll would welcome temperatures in the nineties...BUT couple those nineties with our high humidity and the heat index is 105 to 110, so it's plenty hot over here so PLEASE send any extra heat ya'll don't want up north!!!! :fl:

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, TomH said:

WTG on the gold and getting out Gary. Nice finds :) 

Actually this year is cooler than last year right now. I keep reminding myself of that......it doesnt help :ROFL:

Heck, Prescott is 15 deg cooler than down here right now.
Tom

Yea Tom and Au Seeker,....we are in "Paradise" up here,...at least between midnight and 8:30 Am .  But "NO", I don't envy anyone living down in your neck of the woods of Phoenix, nor Tucson,.,...................and definitely I don't envy those who are having to tolerate the heat and high humidity of 105/ 110 of back east.  I had to deal with that at one time when I was in the navy back in Jacksonvill Florida.  That was a complete weather-toleration-"SHOCK" for this Prescott Arizona Native!!! 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, LowPoint said:

Yea Tom and Au Seeker,....we are in "Paradise" up here,...at least between midnight and 8:30 Am .  But "NO", I don't envy anyone living down in your neck of the woods of Phoenix, nor Tucson,.,...................and definitely I don't envy those who are having to tolerate the heat and high humidity of 105/ 110 of back east.  I had to deal with that at one time when I was in the navy back in Jacksonvill Florida.  That was a complete weather-toleration-"SHOCK" for this Prescott Arizona Native!!! 

Yeah the problem with high heat and humidity is that you sweat and sweat but it never evaporates to cool you off, you just walk aorund soaked and still hot!!

10 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

Yeah the problem with high heat and humidity is that you sweat and sweat but it never evaporates to cool you off, you just walk aorund soaked and still hot!!

Sounds Miserable to me,....I don't know how all you out there handle it?????? "UGH!" that's got to be a Killer!!!!  My wife had lived out there in South Carolina (somewhere??) when she was younger, and says that she Hated it!!!!  So now that she is in Arizona she complains about the dry-heat-summer here, but, admits that she would rather deal with this dry heat compared to dealing with the humid-heat back there.  Whenever she starts complaining too much about our heat, I ask her if she would rather be back there .....Comparison is such a good tool.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

95 or hotter here the last 6 days. Too frigging hot for me. Nice chunky nuggets, good job.

Yep, I agree that 95 is too dratted hot, but I also agree with a comment or two above, that it's more bearable in the Southwest, and the same temperature is more miserable in the humider parts of the country, like here in Missouri, where today it was 97 on my handy-dandy indoor-outdoor thermometer, with humidity upwards of 90%.  I look forward to returning to Prescott summers.

Those Lynx Creek nuggets are a nice reward for being persistent enough to brave the heat.

• Like 1

Nice nuggets , true what you say about finding the bullets kinda gives a guy a little hope,only problem I have is that fifth target is usually another bullet lol.As far as the heat goes I've worked outside all my life and always tell people if you dress right and drink a lot of water and don't get to loco your good.But I was in Houston Texas for a few weeks last summer and it was brutal with the humidity.Dont think I would like to live anywhere or do a lot of work anywhere that has a lot humidity , give me desert heat any day over that.

stephen

• Like 3

Some extremely nice finds there

• Like 1