Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
farmersteve

The Unlikely Story Of A Meteorite Hunter Who Ended Up A Fugitive From The Law

I knew bits and pieces from previous articles but this is the first in depth one I've come across.

Really sad story how people become obsessed with something in spite of evidence to the contrary.

• Like 1

Great story, gotta share!

another sad story: old woman meteorite fall. blm using federal antiquities act and the Marines to remove it.

MetBul listed it as a find. have four who witnessed it in 1975. 

what the international meteorite collector association did to curry is criminal and they have treated me the same. 

I.M.C.A is a closed union shop, they control the meteorite market causing great harm. see: ryderdude760@yahoo.com

one percenter motorcycle clubs are a closed union shop, causing no harm cause they do not control the motorcycle market.

It's exceedingly difficult to observe a friend or family member become separated from reality.  I have two family members who have undergone that process.  I'm sure there's someone in Curry's life who wonders if there was a point in his life, some singular moment in time, when someone could have nudged him a bit and turned him before he entered the mental black hole that dissolved his last ties to the real world.  

Interesting read, and somewhat difficult to discuss without waxing political.

• Like 3

We were involved in the Sutter's Mill Meteorite fall and recovery. Saw this happen first hand with a woman hunter. Refusing to believe the stone she found wasn't a meteorite. Went as far as cussing out the lead scientist at Davis who was researching this fall. Meteorites, like gold, make people do weird stuff.

• Like 2

GeoJack, I've been wondering about that since I joined here -- why people (some, certainly not all) become so emotionally invested in their supposed meteorites?  Reading some of the threads from meteorite seekers seeking validation, it's almost as if there's a religious element involved.  They are just rocks.  Really, really cool rocks (at least the genuine ones), but just rocks all the same. 

• Like 1

Because they believe...same reason that some one will defend their truck, political party or religion. You can argue facts but never beliefs.

fred

• Like 6

I often wonder if some really successful entrepreneurs are like this, but are able to channel their energy in the correct direction.  This guys chance to ever do anything good stopped once he became focused on meteors. If his gaming company had succeeded, maybe it would have been the new Hasbro.  I really think he had a desire to create something new, that once he chose meteors, became an unhealthy, unchecked, obsession. 

It's kind of like being in the big game, but when its finally over what do you do next?

• Like 1

Fred,

Another well reasoned argument.  I know very little, but I do believe in meteor wrongs, Ford trucks, and heavy concentrations of Gypsum.

Emoji...  Smiling Jack.

• Like 3

Go to some of the larger trade shows, CES, SEMA and you'll see people with products for sale that makes your palm migrate to your forehead, but they believe they have the best product ever.

Steven Duane curry is mistaken for STEPHEN DUANE CURRY who is in the federal witness protection program.

the new Mexico cops pulled him over beat him causing a heart attack.

State officials do not want to admit they where wrong.

11 minutes ago, wet/dry washer said:

Steven Duane curry is mistaken for STEPHEN DUANE CURRY who is in the federal witness protection program.

the new Mexico cops pulled him over beat him causing a heart attack.

State officials do not want to admit they where wrong.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1452479

Seems like he's one of many who have used eBay to sell phoney meteorites, gold claims, etc. This article gave me a good laugh...

• Like 1

Just returned from the happy place, red lake nation. Delivered them 724 pictures and the meteorites as they lay.

Life is a dream, follow your dreams and you'll forever be young and happy.

Negative thoughts and comments kills your dreams.